Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
US$232
Doubletree
US$275
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
1,005 results
All reviewscanary wharfdlr stationcement factorylime househi expressthames pathtower gatewaybusy roadbeansdocklands light railwayshort walkfamily roomthe sofa bedbreakfast includedwould stay here againbasic hotelyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was cautious about using this hotel as other reviews indicated that it was noisy. Needn't have worried, although it is on a busy road the sound proofing is good and you get a good night's sleep. Good, clean rooms. Breakfast OK. A bit off-putting when you arrive since the reception is on the first floor - but there are no signs in the entrance lobby to tell you where to go. Good location, but the rate is high for a hotel that's only just above Travelodge standard.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are probably quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear David_B186356,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel clean and convenient. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. As for the rates, we strive to provide a competitive rate in the area. It is not our intent to inconvenient our guests instead provide rate options that make sense. Nevertheless, we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource in providing guest satisfaction.

We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is a 5 minute walk from the DLR (Limehouse station), which is only a few stops away from central London - perfect! We booked a room for three adults so we got a double bed and a pull-out sofa bed. The room was clean, adequately sized and furnished with the usual chain-hotel decor, and had an excellent en-suite shower. The beds, however, were a bit "tired" (excuse the pun). The double bed could have done with a new mattress (it sagged in the middle so my friend and I kept rolling into each other) and the sofa bed was quite hard. However, the double glazing really helped to block out traffic noise and our neighbours were quiet so we did sleep well.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was ok (I had cereal, fruit, and juice but my friends said that the hot food was ok too).

If the beds were a bit more comfy I would rate this 5 stars.

Room Tip: If you are booking a room for 3 people, ask if they have any with a double and a single bed, rather than the sofa bed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this establishment and once again we were not let down. We picked this for convenience to meet family living in London, the good points are STAFF, room quality, cost (it is London and we have failed to find anything in this price range closer), breakfast was hot and plentiful.
The only downside is the industrial unit next door, but you don't come to London to view that sight!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Movingmike
ExLimehouse, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Movingmike,

Thank you for chosing our hotel again, I am very happy to read that we've met your expectations.

We look forward seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

From the outside, this building doesn't look very promising. It's on a very busy road, next to a cement processing factory. But, inside, the staff are welcoming, the building clean and tidy and for £41, we thought we had a very good deal. Our room at the front of the building was a little too warm but that could have been remedied by playing with the air con. A good nights sleep, not disturbed by the traffic from 4am. Breakfast was hot and plentiful and we had a short walk to work at Canary Wharf. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and to recommend it to friends. I you want to stay somewhere that's very accessible but not central London prices, choose this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison A

Dear Alison A,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Limehouse hotel, and thank you for commenting on your stay.

I am really happy to read that you found a good deal, and that the value compared to the price is satisfactory.

Our windows are double glazed, and it blocks most of the traffic noise from The Highway, I am glad you had a good night's sleep.

The proximity of Canary Wharf is very convenient, we can find shopping mall and restaurants too, it is a very good area to wander around, have a good meal or a coffee.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel from the 8th until the 14th of February, 2014 and found the hotel to be decent.
Honestly I was not expecting too much from it and found it extremely decent apart from the initial chick-in glitches.
I had booked for a double bed guest room but was told that none were available. I insisted that I needed one and promptly the allotted one to me.
Upon check in I was given the keys to my room which upon entering, I found was already occupied by another guest!

This was a shocker for me! However,the staff at the reception desk was profusely apologetic about the same and escorted me to the other guest room.

The rooms are exactly what so see on the hotel site and quite decently sized for a London hotel.
I was travelling alone but this room was good enough for a family for 4 with 2 kids as it also had a Sofa cum bed.

The breakfast was decent and sufficient. Of course it got extremely repetitive for 6 consecutive days.

The connectivity via the DLR is extremely good as the Limehouse DLR station is a five minute walk and it was extremely convenient to travel to Canary wharf or take the tube to Central London.

So although it seems far from Central London it really is not so and I would recommend it to travellers as well.

In all a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the road as that can tend to get noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Priya1979

Dear Priya1979,

Thank you for staying in Holiday Inn Express Limehouse hotel, and thank you for your thorough review.

Please accept my sincere apology regarding the misallotment of the room type and that we gave you an occupied room afterwards! We took your comment on board, we discussed it with the team so that we can avoid this inconvenience in the future. I am happy for that the mistake was corrected by our staff, and that it didn't ruin your stay and overall satisfaction.

I hope you will chose us again in case you are travelling to London again, we look forward seeing you in the future.