Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse
US$258
US$191
Priceline
1,011 results
All reviewscanary wharfdlr stationcement factorylime househi expressthames pathtower gatewaybusy roadbeansdocklands light railwayshort walkfamily roomthe sofa bedbreakfast includedwould stay here againbasic hotelyogurt
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My other half and I were off to walk the Brunel Tunnel from Rotherhithe to Wapping, and were looking for a place nearby to stay. The most reasonable - and with that free breakfast too - hotel was this one.

We were in room 705 : facing the road but high up enough that any noise was not a problem and had nice views over the river and Canary Wharf.

The room was lovely and spacious, the bed was a small double but ever so comfy and the shower super powerful.

The staff are so helpful and attentive too.

The only downside was the internet connection - not the free one, the one you can pay extra for, is soooo sloooow and not worth £12.

Recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Lotte R
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We booked this hotel last minute when we got tickets to the O2. We paid £70 which we thought was amazing for the location. The hotel is a 5 min walk for the DRL station and just 10 minutes from the O2. The room itself was really comfortable and the shower really powerful. All in all a great stay and value for money when visiting the Capital!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed 5 days at Limehouse Holiday Inn Express just before Easter 2014. Hotel is located close to Limehouse DLR station (5 min walk) and it takes only 2 stops to get to the centre (you can actually got off near Tower). It is in a bit deserted area if you are after late night fun - there are just a few takeaways and pubs near. Dont expect to much in this respect, but hey you are 5 mins from London centre so that's not an issue in my opinion.
Hotel neighbours very nice cement factory :) so ask to get a room from back of hotel to avoid noise from factory and main road.
On your way from DLR station you have small supermarket open till late so you can get whatever you need.
Rooms are small but clean and cleaned daily, there is no any wardrobe - you just have a few clothes hangers on a rod attached to wall.
There is a kettle in the room and hair drier and thats handy.
Note reception is on first floor, so as you enter the Hotel you need to take a lift or stairs to reception.
They serve continental breakfast. Dining area is quite busy so you may need to wait to be seated and have table cleaned, but staff seems to work hard to keep good flow of guests in dining area. If you are fan of scrambled eggs, sausages and beans with usual cereals, you will be fine. No bacon or boiled egss if you are looking for that. Personally I was fed up after 5 days of same stuff I missed some vegetables. Got some vegs a few times from local supermarket.
You will not be starving and breakfast is fair enough for short stay.
Overall you get what you pay for and it is good value for money. Good enough for once off stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back not overlooking main street or factory
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank VictorJuliaBeata
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We got a great deal on this hotel and even though it looks far from The City it's not. Close to great restaurants and the DLR train to The City. Our room was large, modern, clean and most importantly quiet. The Reception Staff were lovely and helpful. They even managed to get us a quiet room away from the highway as requested. And it included breakfast! Very rare now days. It wasn't the best breakfast in the world, but it was edible, had variety and was all you can eat. If we get another great deal like this time, we will return. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as the highway out front is noisy when you are outside.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before the London Marathon, in which I was running. I had reserved three rooms at a ridiculous cost - but you try finding something cheaper on that weekend!
One of our rooms was an accessible room as my husband is a wheelchair user. I parked our car in the disabled bays at the front of the hotel and when we checked in I was made to move the car to a nondisabled bay in the car park at the rear. Obviously if my husband had been the one driving, this would not have been possible. I don't quite understand the logic. Especially as it meant the following day we had to move the car, obstructing the rest of the car park, while my husband got in.
Anyway. We checked in to our three rooms, completed three registration forms and collected three keycards. One room we got into without issue, the second room we got into without issue, the third room we couldn't get into, but it then transpired that the third key also opened the door to the second room. Reception resolved this issue quickly.
All three rooms were hot. Very hot. We opened the windows with little effect. The thermostats in two rooms did nothing. The thermostat in the third room turned down to 19c and began to cool the room. We went out for dinner and on our return that room was boiling, with hot air blowing in and the thermostat stuck at 29c. Reception said that nothing could be done, which led to an exceedingly uncomfortable night for my parents.
As I was running, my husband and I went to bed early. At about 10pm our room door opened and someone tried to walk in with their baggage. They realised we were there and were extremely apologetic before leaving again. Not long after the phone in the room rang. It was the shift manager who proceeded to quiz me over what we were doing in the room. I explained my reservation of three rooms and after a short while he realised his check in staff had made an error.
The room was hot, I was concerned someone else would try to walk in (despite locking it properly this time!) that the phone would ring again and of course it was noisy due to the window being open. This led to an uncomfortable night of not much sleep.
I left before breakfast, but my family report that the selection was poor as was the quality and quantity of what was there.
All in all, for a reservation which cost me upwards of £700, I am extremely dissapinted. I've stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels before without complaint and at much more reasonable rates.
I've written to complain, but as yet I haven't received a response. Safe to say, if I get a place in next year's marathon, I won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RDuffey
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear RDuffey,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is unfortunate that this stay fell below expectations on several aspects. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Best Regards,