“You get what you pay for”

Ibis London Excel Docklands
Ranked #470 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeds
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I travelled for a business trip with work and stayed at the IBIS for 4 nights. Its in a lovely location right beside the river and easy access for transport and a few local shops such as Tesco.
Due to travelling with work, I have all expenses paid for however upon having dinner in the evening, it caused multiple problems and I ended up calling an emergency travel line as they were trying to bill me for eating, therefore I spent most of the evening sorting this out. It turns out that they had made the mistake and it took several phone calls from my company to the managers here to understand what we meant and what we'd paid for.
I did let this go, I then went down for dinner and the same happened as did the same thing when my colleague checked out a few days before me, huge problems - very embarrassing. We were faced with language barriers through out our stay!

ALSO, I put on a sign on my room highlighting 'Do not disturb' as I'd left some confidential documents in my room and upon my return it had been cleaned and everything moved!!
I returned home after staying here with bites on my ankle? Unsure where they were from??

Don't get me wrong its cheap and in an excellent location and I'm by no means any sort of snob, a hotel is a hotel however I did expect more as the stay was just problem after problem.
I read reviews on hotels all the time and I often comment saying people are nit picking but I really feel I needed to write this and explain the problems we encountered. The reception staff are useless, however if you do use the restaurant for your evening meal, you'll find the most friendly and helpful of staff - due to these members of staff that's why my review is an 'average' over a 'poor' review.
Pay a little bit more and go to another hotel if you can afford to pay a bit extra, it'll be worth it.

This hotel has been taken of our company's hotels and our management team is in the process of writing a formal complaint due to the multiple errors made during our stay.

I hope this was helpful, the evening restaurant staff are lovely and the rooms are modern.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jodie D
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear Guest

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at the Ibis London Excel Docklands. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Feel free to email me on h3655-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Mr Jihed Lejmi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

I sayed here the first time on the 14/5/12 and I was impresses of the location of the hotel and the staff are so nice, I was a bit disappointed that there was no bath and no bin in room to put your rubbish in

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Ibis London Excel Docklands and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed here for two nights whilst working at nearby Canary Wharf. Check-in was fast and efficient and staff friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and had all the facilities I needed. I ate in the hotel one night and was happy with the standard although if I was staying for longer a few more healthy options would have been welcome. Breakfast was good - a wide choice of both hot and cold food.

This was the second Ibis I have stayed in and they are fast becoming my preferred budget hotel brand.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in the Ibis London Excel Docklands.
I look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis London Excel Docklands.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Booked in advance and got a double room for about 50 pounds. Right near excel and 100 metres from dlr with easy access into the city. Not very central but great value for money.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis London Excel Docklands and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Bradford uk
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed here for 1 night during Paddy's day with some friends. Rooms are pretty basic and the bathroom looks like a cubical that's been winched in through the window and dropped in the corner.

OK, a little of the paper was coming away and the wood trimmings around the room needed fixing back up, but bed was comfy and I had the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. Would definately stay again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank simoncchapman
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis London Excel Docklands.