“Plaisant stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Calais, France
“Plaisant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I would like to thank you, especially Aida from the group reservation department who took in charge my stay. She acted very professionally by giving me the best rate and informations I needed ( Everytime I needed, I mean I contacted her a lot...)

We were 14 persons to go to London to watch the Crossfit Games ( Battle of London) in the Copper Box Arena, the hotel was ideally located , near the centre town and the stadium with the DLR. Also the view near the docks was nice for a walk.

Rooms was like I expected from a Ibis Hotel, clean, tidy,standard and comfortable and very quiet ( as I wasn't expected because of the airport and the plane crossing the sky just above the building)

As a french firsttimer in London I really appreciated, even if Breakfast was an english one, a few choice for the bread but I am not complaining, I was in england so I had to adapt myself to the local food

I thank you also Angelo who was here when we checked in, he gave us the room early! I spoke with 2 others receptionists ( I don't remember their names) and they were very available , helpful and friendly.

I will advise this hotel to friend, and if I have to go back to London I will choose this one again!

Kindest regards,

Yannick P.

Keep going that way!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yannick62100
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Yannick,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that both Aida and Angelo and other members of staff ensured you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.
Feedback is very important to us and it is always an encouragement to receive such comments about members of staff making a lasting impression.
Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to look after you and your friends during your stay and we look forward to having you all back in the near future.
Kind regards, Brian Opauka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Norwich
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I paid for breakfast. Some enormous sum.
I thought that scrambled eggs and toast would be nice.
Never as good in a buffet as it is at home but.....
I put this greyish slab of scrambled egg on my plate.
I put bread in the toaster and while I waited I thought what is that awful smell?
Is it the cleaning fluid? Had the drains backed up?
I picked up my plate and yeas, it was my scrambled egg.
Into the bin and never went near breakfast room again.
No excuse. Nothing looked remotely attractive but this was dreadful.
But then it was an Ibis charging £265 per night.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in February 2014 for a concert at the O2. We didn't arrive until approx. 11pm, and at this time after travelling and it being dark, found it difficult to find the hotel! The DLR station "Custom house for ExCel" is very confusing and we found ourselves getting rather lost.

The hotel itself was lovely, with a 24 hour bar and clean, spacious rooms with a gorgeous view overlooking the docklands and of the emirates cable car. The bathroom was clean, with a lovely shower and the beds were SUPER comfy! - However, we booked a DOUBLE room and ended up with two single beds which was rather annoying.

We visited the O2 on the Saturday night, and caught the Emirates cable car - which is a very short walk away and great fun! However it shuts at 8pm so we had to find alternate transport back. The tube station at the O2 was CLOSED after the concert, not very helpful. So we caught a bus.. which took us to the complete wrong place and then terminated. The lack of trains at 12pm is very unhelpful and we ended up walking for 3 miles as the hotel was in such a difficult location to reach and public transport shuts at this time.
However the bar staff were very friendly at 1am when we finally returned to the hotel requesting gallons and gallons of water after our walk!!

But overall... This is without a doubt a lovely hotel :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Emma,
Thank you for staying at the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands during your recent visit to the O2.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you address locating the hotel - for the benefit of other readers, the hotel is located within minutes walk from Royal Victoria along the docks.

As I do not have your date of stay, I am unable to say if you were affected by the recent tube strike but the Jubilee Line operates until just after 1am Monday through Saturday and until just after midnight on Sundays. At times, however, they to temporarily close the station for entry due to overcrowding following concerts. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

However, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and that the staff looked after you when you eventually returned to the hotel despite being allocated a room with two single beds. For future reference, we do not expect any of our guests to stay in a room which does not meet their expectations and the reception staff will be more than happy to offer a solution to an issue you have which is within our control.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I do hope we will welcome you back in the near future for another stay in a very comfortable bed.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Booked in advance so got a good rate at this new clean hotel adjacent to the Emirates gondolas traversing the docklands. Convenient for City Airport, reception staff arranged taxi for me. Good range of food in the bar for evening snack. Predictable room, comfortable bed with down topper. Would use again if leaving early in the morning.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SomaticCoach
Dear SomaticCoach,
Thank you for choosing the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands as your hotel prior your flight from London City Airport.
As a frequent traveller, I am pleased to read that you found the hotel good value for money and that the ibis product met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future.
Margate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

The hotel id well placed right by the water and next to the excel. The room was clean, with the exception of a lollipop noted under the bed when we were doing our leaving ( have we forgotten anything) check but I found the bed uncomfortable and the room dark and claustrophobic as there was only a very small window. This was all the less understandable given that we would have had a fantastic view had it been bigger and lower set. Also, if you want to have a quiet lay in - forget it. It is right on the flight path of London City airport. The planes are very quiet (mainly small,jets) and they were not flying on our arrival at 9pm but they did start, quite frequently, at 7 am.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Fazmam,
Thank you for staying at the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands. Feedback is important to us and I have taken note of your comments for follow up and action.
I am disappointed to read that you did not find the ibis beds comfortable nor the size or comfort of the bedroom to your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies.
With regards, Brian Opauka
Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here for one night. Paid £52 which was an excellent rate. The hotel is newly refurbished but was identical to staying in a Travelodge. Very clean and new, but very basic.
Lovely breakfast. For the one night it was fine. Would recommend for business for not for a couple or family getaway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nichola,
Thank you for trying the ibis hotel product and I am pleased to read that you found the hotel of good value and that the overall experience met your expectations.
We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We were visiting London to watch a concert at the o2 and pretty much wanted a bed for the night, a link to the DLR and tube and a bite to eat in the morning. The Ibis delivered exactly what we wanted and with a friendly, warm, clean and comfortable hotel.
The rooms are adequate size and more than comfortable for a few nights away if you are just after a 'base camp'.
The pre-fab shower/toilet cubicles in each room will raise an eyebrow, but are clean and the showers good quality... the toilet, well, it has a seat and flushes!
Breakfasts are buffet style with a good selection but nothing fancy. You will likely end up sharing your breakfast bar with other guests, but it is spaced out enough to not be an issue.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Craig,
Thank you for staying at the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands during your recent visit to the O2 and ExCeL.
I am pleased to read that the hotel, the staff and the ibis product met your expectations.
It is always an encouragement to receive such comments and feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future.