“Excellent! Hilton Gold = free wifi + room upgrade”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #267 of 1,063 Hotels in London
San Francisco, California
“Excellent! Hilton Gold = free wifi + room upgrade”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

It really helps if you're Hilton Gold when you stay here. My fiancee is, and we got a room upgrade and free internet for the entire stay. Sweet. Extra sweet because we were in London during the ALCS and my fiancee (bf at the beginning of the trip) is a rabid baseball fan, so we could watch via (free) streaming internet. Check, and check.

The service is amazing. See, I'm American, right, and our notion of good service is you get it done, and you get it done fast. The Bentley got whatever we needed done quickly (I have never seen towels arrive from housekeeping in 3 minutes) and did it with a smile. A light went out in the gargantuan marble shower stall while we were there, and it was fixed the next day (we did not call about it, it just got fixed).

I also love that the beds are made with two separate duvets, so there is no fighting over the covers. =D There was a complimentary gym as well, but we never had time to use it.

The location is really great for travelers because the hotel is 2 short blocks from the Gloucester Road tube station on the Picadilly line (read: direct service to Heathrow without paying the ridiculous Heathrow Express fares) and Circle and District lines (read: easy access to all parts of central London). There's a 24 hour Tesco express at the tube station (for everything you forgot and a snack a 2am), a Barclay's ATM (if you bank at Bank of America and want cash without fees), a Pret-a-Manger (for a delish sandwich to go), a real cafe / coffee shop at Caffe Forum (or Starbucks or Cafe Nero for devotees), and an inexpensive (but nice) neighborhood (small chain) restaurant at Wildwood. Oh, there's also a Nando's Peri Peri, if you like Nando's (too bland for me, but whatever floats your boat).

Room Tip: HIlton Gold = free room upgrade!
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Former_grad_student
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read your kind review of The Bentley London.

It is always so pleasing to know that our guests have had a wonderful stay with us & it is a real boost to the team to see that our focus & dedication to service delivery has paid off.

I know that it is very refreshing to read such positive comments about the hotel & our serice & I do hope that you will returrn to us in the near future to stay with us again.

Paul Kennedy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Greek first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Quiet location, glitzy decor, very quiet bar but friendly barman.
However no tea /coffee making facilities in room, the breakfast was a farce. A very small buffet, with poor quality sausage, bacon-overcooked no tomatoes until we asked the waiter who then took our plates away to be returned 5 minutes later with a luke warm tomato and overcooked eggs. At least I was able to stay on my diet.

• Stayed May 2011
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review referring to your recent stay with us here at The Bentley London.

I was very pleased to read your description of us as a lovely hotel but of course I was disappointed to note your comment about breakfast.

It does appear that our usual high standard breakfast was not provided to you & I am very sorry if that was the case. I fully understand the importance of a good quality & delicious breakfast & I can assure you that it is very unusual for our standards to be anything less than high.

I do hope that despite this you will consider returning to us & I would like to offer you a complimentary breakfast for two persons should you choose to do so.

Please contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to take me up on my offer & I hope that you will consider visiting us again.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 27 May 2011

It was a wonderful experience staying here. The rooms were elegant and extremely clean. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. It is 2 minutes to cafes for breakfast, restaurants for dinner, tube stop for sight seeing and a grocery store for essentials.

I had mentioned in passing when making my reservation that we were coming to London for my son's 12th birthday. On our second night in the hotel we returned to find in our room a wonderful plate of cheesecakes and deserts with "Happy Birthday" written in fancy chocolate decorations on the plate. It was such a thoughtful personal touch!

I will be returning to this hotel for business and pleasure. A real gem in the Hilton and Waldorf Astoria systems.

FYI, easy to get to Stamford Bridge for Chelsea games from here. Quick tube or short/cheap taxi ride.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank minermanny
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 2 June 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your very kind & positive review of your stay here at The Bentley London.

I am so pleased that your enjoyed your time with us & I am delighted that your son enjoyed receiving our little surprise on his birthday.

The team here are dedicated to spotting important dates such as guest birthdays & we are always very happy to do something special on a special day.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for two nights and then transferred to another hotel.
The location is very good and the rooms are luxurious. However, we were given a room on an upper floor that had a serious noise problem, with a constant droning of machines throughout the night. We complained but the management ignored us.
After two sleepless nights we moved out.
Do not recommend this hotel at all. Can't believe it's part of the Waldorf Astoria chain !

Room Tip: Be sure to book a room on a lower floor
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Nan096
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay wih us.

Naturally I was disappointed to read that you were disturbed & that you felt that we did not handle your complaint correctly.

We are aware of an issue with noise on the roof of the hotel & our Maintenance Team are working to resolve this as soon as possible as we fully appreciate that this is not acceptable.

I was saddened to learn that you felt that we ignored your complaint & if that was the case then I offer you my sincere apologies as the team at The Bentley are fully committed to service delivery at all times.

I do hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes by returning to us again in the near future & once again I am very sorry that things were not as they should have been.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 April 2011

When we stayed at the hotel in March 2011, we were given a room on the top floor. The room was excellent, but there was a constant drone of machines above our room - probably generators or airconditioning equipment on the roof. It was particularly bad when we opened the windows. It was impossible to get any sleep.

We complained to the management who didn't seem to care. We moved to another hotel the following day !

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Fizzy_11
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for providing your feedback from your stay with us.

Naturally I was disappointed to read that your stay was disturbed as my hope is that all of our guests enjoy their stay in the peace & tranquil surroundings of the hotel.

Clearly that was not the case for you & I am very sorry if this was not handled appropriately at the time.

We have investigated the matter & brought in a company who are working to reolve this matter as I fully appreciate that noise is unacceptable.

I do hope that you will return to us in the near future & I would be delighted if you would contact me directly to make the booking so that I can handle it personally.

New England
Reviewed 2 April 2011

This was our 1st trip to London to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and we couldn't have had a better time. Even before we arrived the incredibly helpful staff arranged for a car service to and from the airport. Our room was lovely and the service excellent. They had a special sweet tray sent to our room to help celebrate. The Bentley is in a great location; walking distance from many attractions and museums and a 5 minute walk from the Tube. In addition, there are many fine restaurants and cafes in the area. This is a small hotel in a quiet neighborhood which enables it to pay attention to the small details that help make their guests comfortable. Everyone we came in contact with at the hotel was so accommodating and knowledgeable making our trip fantastic. Thank you and we look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Dear Reviewer,

I am so pleased to learn that your anniversary stay with us was a success!

Thank you very much for providing such great feedback for the team here at The Bentley London.

We are very proud of our association with Waldorf Astoria & we constantly look for ways to improve our service for our valued guests.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 1 April 2011

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. We couldn't have been happier with the rooms, location, and hotel itself. The staff was just amazing! Everyone was incredibly nice and helpful. Although the hotel is not centrally located, it was only a short walk to a tube station.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for providing The Bentley London with such a lovely review.

The team here are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & we are all very proud that you mentioned the staff in your review.

We are always very pleased to know that our valued guests have had a great & we are looking forward to welcoming you back.