“disappointment, take care of your money!”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #286 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Czech Republic
“disappointment, take care of your money!”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I stayed here twice because the first visit was in order. Unfortunately, this time it was a complete disappointment, i will not live there anymore.
Room, breakfast, everything was fine. It is the allocation of my credit card, which routinely performs any hotel on spending during the stay. Even my hotel blocked 50 EUR, which is not any significant amount, however - why would I have no reason to pay a hotel?
My bank amount was blocked for 5 days after my departure, without anything I spent at the hotel, so I contacted them, whether the error did not in order. Reception manager wrote back to me with the excuse that my amount will be returned by 28 June, which to this day (July 5) did not.
Unfortunately, it's a disappointment, although I believe that my 50 EUR stolen and yet only ever return to the account. It is not about the money, it is a five star hotel services and dismay member Hilton loyalty program.

4 Thank Janis S
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Dear Reviewer,

I was very disappointed to read your review as I am greatly concerned about this matter.

I did contact you to discuss this matter as we view any holdings of authorisations for longer than necessary as a matter of great urgency.

Please let me know if your money has been released as we have done all we can to try & resolve this matter for you from our side.

I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to let me know that you have received your money back.

Paul Kennedy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Like the previous reviewer i also took up the offer of champagne afternoon tea 2 for 1 from the afternoon.co.uk website. The staff were lovely when we entered and very welcoming, they were also very accommodating when we asked to change the time of our tea as we were running late from our previous appointment. Customer was overall very good. My only disappointment was the quality of the afternoon tea. As the reviewer mentioned below, the cakes are very small. The scones were the most disappointing, they were not as all crispy or crunchy and were just soft all over, you could tell they weren't that fresh either. You could have bought tastier scones at Tesco. The sweets were nice, but nothing special. The only special things was the chocolate tart with nutella, that was quite unique. The sandwiches were the usual finger sandwiches, with nothing unique and special cucumber, ham, egg etc. I have been to other afternoon teas at other hotels, and they have tried to distinguish themselves, but this was very mediocre. With so many high quality afternoon teas taking place in london for the same price, i would rather go elsewhere (even without the 2 for 1 deal)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank M_M081
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review.

I was disappointed to read that you were not completely satisfied with your Afternoon Tea. As you are aware we recently had some disappointing feedback about this & as such have taken a very close interest in the quality of the food being served to our guests.

I have personally checked many of the Afternoon Teas prepared but it is disappointing to see that we are clearly still not reaching the level of expectations required.

Please accept my sincere apologies & I assure you that I will take this matter up again with my Chef.

As a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer you a complimentary Champagne Afternoon Tea for two in the hope that you will consider returning to us in the near future.

I look forward to hearing from you & once again I am very sorry.

Leamington Spa
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed in London to meet some friends who made the trip from New York and wanted to use our HHonors points to stay somewhere very nice for free (aka 60,000 HHonors points). We came across the Bentley London, a little gem near Gloucester Road tube.

Lobby: Excellent first impression, opulence and luxury abound.

Check in: Not seamless, the receptionist seemed a little flustered and took longer than usual to check us in. Nothing major, but given the price per room, it was a little surprising.

Room: Very good quality. Enormous bathroom, although no separate toilet, so 2 could not use at once. Good shower. Nice dressing table area for the ladies. Good sized TV. Bed reasonably hard, not to our liking. Tea making kit was not provided in the room, needed to request. Even then, no sugar provided. Iron and ironing board also not in room, need to be requested. I do like the electronic button system for do not disturb/make up room.

Service: Very good, everything great here.

Breakfast: not included in rate, so we ate in Starbucks near Gloucester Rd tube.

A lovely hotel, feels like a real treat, but I cannot give it 5 stars, due to the slight issues with the room and check in mentioned above. These are fairly easy to iron out I'd imagine though, so I'd recommend the hotel, especially for points users.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your very kind review of The Bentley London.

It is always very refreshing to read such lovely comments from our dear guests & I know that the team really appreciate the recognition.

I am very sorry if your registration at the hotel was not as efficient as it should have been. The hotel has been incredibly busy this month but of course we fully understand the necessity of a swift arrival process.

We are about to complete a programme for the hotel to have new beds in every room & we are wating for a final delivery to complete this. The new beds are outstanding!

I was disappointed to note that sugar was not sent to your room when you ordered your beverages. I was concerned to see that you did not have an iron & board in your room as this a standard & it should have been there.

I do hope that you will consider returning to us in the near future & I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

London
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This hotel is located not far from
Gloucester Road station.

The service is impeccable, the staff are polite and can not do enough to help as well as discreet.

I love the breakfasts, wine, cocktails. The rooms are tastefully done and not too ostentatious.

I have stayed here many a time and it is my hotel of choice in London. Well worth a visit though can be pricey.

• Stayed October 2010
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review.

I was delighted to read your positive comments especially regarding the team & our service delivery.

I can assure you that we are always very pleased to read & receive such nice comments & it really means a lot to us.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Midlands
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I have visited numerous hotels and enjoyed many afternoon tea's, some excellent some not so good. I am registered with afternoontea.co.uk as they send many offers for afternoon tea, ie 2 for 1 etc. The 2 for 1 offers have always been excellent, however The Bentley was an exception.

I took my husband for tea on Saturday 18th June. The offer was 2 for 1 champagne afternoon tea. On arrival the staff were very good, friendly and helpful. We were told that we would receive the Bentley Tea and a glass of champagne. The pictures on the Bentley website show fantastic afternoon tea, with a selection of different cakes, pastries, tarts and scones. The sandwiches came first, which were dull and minimal. 8 extremely small finger sandwiches. Then came the cakes. 4 of the smallest scones I have ever seen, 2 pink mousse type cakes, 2 brown mousse cakes and 2 tiny pieces of chocolate cake. These were the cheapest cakes I have ever seen. The issue I have is not the quantity, but the quality. In addition, on the table next to us an American couple ordered the Bently Tea. They were not 2 for 1 and what a difference, it was amazing. The sandwich selection was totally different as were the cakes, and I mean totally different. It was a real disgrace. Why advertise 2 for 1 when that is not the case? I did not want to make a scene so I e.mailed reception on the address as set out on the internet. No response for five days, so I telephoned for an alternative address which I was given. I did not want to make a report on Trip Advisor as I assumed the matter could be resolved. This has however not been the case as today I received an e.mail from Reception at the Bentley stating my e.mailed had been deleted without being read! Charming.

My advice is don't go! If that is how they treat their customers they don't deserve any.

2 Thank Lorraine765
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review of your visit to The Bentley London.

I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding your Afternoon Tea & our service.

All of our Afternoon Teas should be served with the same standard apart from the Champagne Afternoon Teas as they will include a glass of Champagne.

Sandwiches & cakes should all be consistent & there should be no difference at all for any guest who arrives to take up the offer or simply books the usual Afternoon Tea.

I was saddened to read that you felt that the Afternoon Tea served to you was not up to standard. I fully understand the importance of getting this right & I am very sorry that what we served was not up to our usual high standard.

I was equally disappointed to see that you felt that our customer service was also not up to standard but I have to explain that it is not true that your complaint was deleted without being read.

I called you twice to speak with you about this but as your mailbox was full I was directed to your colleague's mailbox where I left a message for you to call me back.

I then sent you two e-mails asking you to contact me & also to apologise so in all honesty I do believe that I did all I could to address your concerns.

Naturally I was disappointed to not receive any contact from you after I had contacted you.

As a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer you a complimentary Champagne Afternoon Tea for two persons so that I can take the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Please contact me directly should you wish to take up this offer & once again I am very sorry.

Dublin
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I booked into a junior suite as s treat for myself. I had an early arrival and couldn't check in (which is understandable at 9:49am). I was assured by reception the room would be ready at 2pm at the latest.
When I arrived the room wasn't ready and I was made wait. When the room was finally ready I was shocked at the state of it. Firstly though the beds were pushed together for a king bed the linen was still made up for twin beds. There was stains on the Walls. The valance sheet was also stained (I do not wish to think of what stained it). And most importantly the mini bar wasn't cleaned so there was opened half eaten items and dirty glasses. The receptionist thought this was perfectly ok.
I rang reception to complain and they said they would get back. I rang again and they were extremely rude and basically said 'we are looking into it'and hung up. I then rang the manager. It was at that stage they upgraded me to the ashburn suite.
The suite itself was nice but I searched high and low for a room service menu to no avail. I eventually went to the bar and ordered a "toasted" sandwich (I put this in inverted comas as the sandwich was lukewarm). The decor of the bar was nice but the music made it feel like a cheap eastern European night club from the 80's.
Overall a horrible experience with extremely rude people. The only way I would return is if I got a significant upgrade on room due to the extreme lack of resoec and service I encountered on this visit

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Scoopy_1
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Naturally I am disappointed to read that you were unhappy with certain aspects of your stay & I would like to apologise for that. I would also like to address some of the points you have raised.

I was very disappointed to see that the room was clearly not to our usual high standards & if you would be kind enough to contact me directly with your room number I will investigate the matter with Housekeeping.

I was surprised that you reported that the Receptionist felt it was 'perfectly okay' when you reported these issues & I do believe that it is unlikely that this was the case. The Reception Team here are fully dedicated & committed to service & although we do not claim to get everything right all the time I can assure you that no member of staff will condone our mistakes.

I am very sorry to see that your stay was not as it should have been & it is clear that there are lessons to be learnt from this for us. However I can personally guarantee that the team at The Bentley London remain committed to providing the finest service.

I do hope that despite the concerns you have raised you will consider returning to us in the near future. I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to contact me directly should you choose to do so & I will handle your reservation personally.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Lovely hotel, fantastic staff and great food :-) Will definately use in the future for business meetings. A great hidden gem

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review of The Bentley London! I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel & I also appreciate your comments regarding the staff & the food.

We would be delighted to receive any future meeting bookings that you would like to organise with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.