“Lovely Hotel - Incredible Staff - We Will Be Back!”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #208 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Although we have stayed at the Bentley Hotel for the 4th time now, I've not written a review about it. I feel compelled to share our experience with you. Its a smaller boutique style hotel with a spa on a very quiet street in Kensington (which, if you know how busy and noisy London, is not easy to find!). The tube is less than 5 minutes away and taxis are plentiful. There are some pretty good restaurants around as well. The rooms are incredibly large and lush with lovely chandeliers, comfortable beds and granite countertops and a huge bathtub and shower in the bathroom. Definitely 5 star quality. Since I'm a Diamond member, we were bumped up to an even more beautiful suite than what we had booked. The staff is always incredibly helpful, honest and professional. I particularly wanted to point out how honest they are. I accidentally left my brand new iPhone charging in the room when we left for an all day tour. Imagine to my pleasant surprise that it was still there when we got back! Also the concierge bent over backwards to bring up our room service order himself because the kitchen was extremely busy with a large wedding party and he made sure that we had everything we wanted. We love it here and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BGHera
PaulKennedy2010, Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Dear Reviewer,

I am very grateful to you for your kind review of your stay with here at The Bentley London.

It is very satisfying to know that this was your fourth stay with us & I am delighted that you have shared your experience with fellow travellers.

It is rewarding for the team to hear such huge compliments about their work & I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel many more times in future.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Choose this hotel as I had an early flight from Heathrow the next morning. It is about a 3 minute walk to the tube and then 45 minutes to terminal 5.
There is some building work at the front which currently detracts from the beauty of the building on your approach , my room also looked out onto the netting but what a fantastic room it was! Upgraded to a suite , an enourmous bedroom a lovely bathroom with bath and shower, entrance hall and dressing room. Although this is a Hilton hotel is has a much grander feel than the others I have stayed in (Park Lane, Waldorf). The reception staff were exceptional, there was a slight noise problem with the aircon and this was fixed perfectly. Around the area there are lots of pubs and restaurants , you are also close to the Albert Hall and many museums as well as Chelsea FC. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us. It is always so refreshing to read such wonderful comments about the hotel.

I do appreciate that scaffolding around the hotel is not ideal but this will not be up for much longer while we carry out essential works to maintain the building.

I do hope that it did not inconvenience you & I also look forward to welcoming you back as our guest very soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed here alone, while meeting with friends and family for my 40th birthday! The staff were really excellent, and very attentive and friendly. I booked an ExecutiveSuite, and was not disappointed. The location is terrific especially if flying in and out of Heathrow as it is 5 minutes walk from Gloucester road tube station.
I will certainly use this hotel again, as i use only Hilton when ever i can. This is just a great hotel, great location and you can not really ask for too much more.........:)

Alas, one thing before i press the submit button..... If the hotel management are reading this...for a hotel of this quality and standard, there really should be an iron - a good one - and an ironing board in every single room. I had to ask room service for one twice before it got bought up to my executive suite. That is the only disappointment i had.. not much of one i suppose..

Room Tip: No info here really as i have a Hilton Gold card and get upgraded automatically!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank RichCarnegie

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for providing this review of your stay with us.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel & naturally I was delighted to see that you plan to return to us in future.

I was disappointed to see that you had to ask twice for an iron & ironing board to be sent to you as this is an unaccpetable level of service.

I fully agree with your point about irons & boards being available in every room & this policy will be introduced in the near future to increase our service levels at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

This hotel is all that is best about England and specifically London!

It’s very English in a stately home sort of way.

If your preference is for everything modern,100 miles an hour with gizmos a plenty then please don’t stay here or you will be somewhat disappointed...but then again who would be stupid enough to do that having done their homework on the place?

The staff on greeting us to our departure were polite, interested and extremely professional; they went above and beyond the call of duty for what one would expect of a "group" hotel.

The room was exactly what we expected, it was clean, large, well appointed and maintained and comfortable and yes there were odd knocks here and there but that didn't detract from the overall high-quality and feeling of peace and seclusion so rare in many modern "sleep factories"

The TV is indeed very old but it’s adequate for the basics.... but for those whose existence depends on having hundreds of channels in HD then it will be inadequate and something to complain about I suppose.

The hotel is well located in a residential area and is as safe as you get in London...there are a couple of decent pubs and eateries nearby and very easy access to other parts of London is easy.

The breakfast room is a delight, bright and cheery and its staff were diligent. There was the usual standard fare including“full English” which would feed 3 people- it was the only meal we ate the first day!

The low level unobtrusive piped music was like the last night of the proms, again very English.

Quality of breakfast food was only ordinary- quite bog standard in fact, it was adequate but not luxury. The price was typical of this level of hotel.

Check out was painless and they cared for our luggage whilst we spent the day out sightseeing.

Nice place, nice staff, nice experience........but if you want to stay on the Starship Enterprise then don’t stay here please!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear gardens are not bad views so don't be concerned if you are allocated one!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review following your stay with us at The Bentley London.

It is very heartening to hear such flattering comments regarding the team & also our product.

We are very proud of our hotel & it is lovely to see that it is transferred through our service to our valued guests.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed in a junior suite. The room was a good size and was very pretty. It had nice charm and not the typical modern, boring furnishings.

We stayed for 3 nights on our way to Belgium and then 1 more night on our way back home. We were upgraded on our return.

The staff were wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank candacegar
PaulKennedy2010, Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your very kind review. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is my sincere hope that all of our guests have a wonderful stay with us & the team here are dedicated to delivering the finest service so that we do all we can to make that possible.

I was expecially pleased to note that you liked your room as our bedrooms are incredibly unique & we take huge pride in all of them.

I do hope that you will return to visit us very soon & I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Everything about this hotel is structurally perfect: great location, nice classical building, large rooms. It is however so poorly managed that you should best avoid it. Service is close to non-existant. Order something and you'll get something else. Or nothing at all Continental breakfast at 10? They"l bruing you 2 English breakfasts at 11. A cab to the airport at 6? Better book it yourself. Room service is expensive, but unfortunaely not good. Obviously prepared by people who are not cooks. Over cooked steak with unde cooked fries? No thanks. Enjoy the old CRT TVs. They'll remind you of the 20th century. That's all they do though since the TV signal is so weak, that the images are full of noise. Except for Kuwait TV. But I dont watxh Kuwait TV. You'll love the personalised attention given to the greasy stationary, the half eaten pencil, the dirty room service menu. Dont complain though. Allegedgly everything is under control and it will never happen again. Except that its happened to me many times.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank i-live-for-lunch

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to read the different concerns that you raised regarding your stay with us.

It is my wish that all of our guests have a wonderful stay with us but it is clear that this is not the case for you & I am very sorry that things were not as they should have been.

I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to contact me directly so that I can address your concerns properly with you & if necessary investigate any areas of concern.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I've not stayed overnight but visited this hotel at the weekend for Afternoon Tea with a group of friends (for my boyfriend's birthday!). After initial concerns regarding the formality of the booking - full pre-payment required due to it being classed as a group booking and a rather official looking contract to sign! - the afternoon itself went smoothly.
Staff very attentive and helpful, very professional service. The food served was lovely. The sandwich fillings weren't anything fancy but they were of good quality and the bread lovely and fluffy.
The scones were served with a mixed fruit conserve rather than jam, which I loved but was a bit sharp for some. The cakes were divine! They might have looked small but were incredibly rich and sweet, even we didn't manage to finish them all. A little plate of marble cake and fruit loaf was a nice final touch.
Not such a wide range of teas as I've had elsewhere but they were very nice and no quibbles at all about refills as I've experienced in some other hotels.

The decor of the hotel is beautiful and sumptuous. The only slight disappointment was that we were seated in the dining area with another large booking and it was slightly dark and not as special a feel as other areas of the hotel (although i fully understand why they seated us in the restaurant rather than the lounge, due to our numbers, so that smaller bookings could have more peace in the lounge!).
Popped briefly downstairs to look at the bar - wow, so beautiful! As was the decor of the bathrooms. We might not get many chances to stay in hotels such as these but afternoon tea is a great way to have a little taste of luxury! :-)

Room Tip: if booking for afternoon tea, request lounge seating if possible!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank vampyresheep

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive review of your visit to us for Afternoon Tea.

It is always refreshing to read that such nice comments & it is quite unique for us to receive a review from a non resident.

I do hope that you will consider returning to us as a guest in order to sample the full experience of the hotel.

Please contact me directly should you wish to make a reservation.