“Fairly good”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #182 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The hotels in London which call themselves as '5 stars', do not usually meet your expectation of the 5 stars hotel, if you have experience of such hotels outside London and the UK. This one is not an exception, although the hotel is fairly good, at least according to my experience of staying in London's hotels over the last few years.

There are a few areas where the hotel did not meet my expectation - the A/C was noisy (that affected my mark for Sleep Quality), one case related to coming back to me in time with the response on my request, also some equipment in the toilet probably is outdated. Also, I am not sure it was real value for money at least for me. But again - in general, this hotel is a good one comparing to what I have experienced in London before in the some price category. Also, I was requested by Hilton to provide my feedback after my stay, and the feedback was taken seriously, the management has followed up and responded quite quickly on all the points I raised - it was done in a very constructive and positive way.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel and also for taking the time to write your review on our hotel.

Your constructive feedback is very important to us as it is through customer feedback that we can improve the service standards provided. We have shared your comments with the relevant Heads of Department to continue to refine the level of service we offer to our guests.

In addition, I was delighted to read all of your positive comments about us and it truly is very rewarding for the team to see that you enjoyed your stay.

We are all fully committed to ensure that our service and product are second to none. I do hope that we can expect to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Guest Relations Manager
The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Uniquely London and immersed in understated opulence, staying at The Bentley will never disappoint.

You may search for the missing reception desk when you enter the lobby before you realise that the two person 'lectern' is actually all there is. Clearly, they're not used to checking in coach parties in this 64 room exclusive hotel.

Close to the Natural History Museum, the Victoria & Albert and Hyde Park; with an Underground station at the end of the road to take you further. Shops and restaurants galore within easy reach, although this is in the heart of residential Kensington.

Grabbed a quick snack on room service and never tasted better tempura.

Not cheap but you almost wouldn't want it to be. Too classy.

Completed an online questionnaire post-stay. Had mostly great things to say but did point out that the room lacked a visible (at night) clock, and the display on the TV didn't work. They emailed me back when they'd fixed it and thanked me for pointing it out.

One of the best hotels in London.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TheSalfordOne
PaulKennedy2010, Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Bentley London A Hilton Hotel.

I was delighted to read all of your positive comments about us & it really is very rewarding for the team to see that you enjoyed your stay.

We are all fully committed to ensuring that our service & product are second to none & I do hope that we can expect to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Hard to beat this South Kensington location just steps from the Gloucester Road station with easy access from Heathrow and to all of London. I stayed for a week in a good sized king room and was pleasantly surprised. First, the room was exceptionally quiet for being in a big city. The furnishings were tasteful, the bed very comfortable. The best feature was a large, exquisite all marble bathroom with a stand alone shower with world class water pressure, and a full length Jacuzzi tub that was wonderful after long excursions throughout the city. There are many pubs and restaurants within just a few short blocks, and even a supermarket if you want to "dine in." The management and staff are friendly and very professional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a quiet part of the hotel. Even the basic king room is very nice by London standa...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank QuakerBoy
PaulKennedy2010, Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your very kind review.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Bentley London & it is very rewarding for the team to hear such positive comments about the hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

We only stayed here one night, however I would love to come back! We arrived from an overnight flight from the US and were able to check in promptly at about 2:00pm. The cab driver had never heard of this hotel, so it was helpful that we had the address handy. It really is off the beaten track in the Royal Borough of Chelsea and Kensington. The front desk staff walked us up to our room to give us a tour and explain all of the amenities of the room. They gave us restaurant recommendations in the area that were very nice. The hotel is within easy walking distance of multiple restaurants, and an underground station. (We were unable to arrive via underground due to maintenance on the whole underground system). The neighborhood is very quiet, near Kensington Park, and away from the major touristy hustle and bustle. After sightseeing we returned to the hotel to find a wedding reception was going on downstairs. It was pretty loud in the lobby, however our room on the second floor was very quiet. We didn't hear a thing. The bed was fabulous, the bathroom outrageous (especially for London!). The bathroom is covered in marble from walls to floor. Am looking for an excuse to return to this wonderful hotel. There was no wireless in the hotel room, however the hotel has 2 computers with internet right off the lobby for complimentary guest use.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flroches
PaulKennedy2010, Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read your very kind review of your stay with us.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay & that you were happy with the lovely room.

It was noted that you are looking for an excuse to come back. I do hope that you find one soon as it was always so very nice to welcome our guests back as soon as possible.

Please do let us know when you plan to return & we shall take very good care of you again.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Bentley Hotel London for two nights in March 2011. We flew into London from the U.S. and arrived at the hotel straight from the airport at about 8:30am on a Sunday. We figured we would have to check our bags at the desk and then venture out into the city and not be able to check in until late afternoon. The wonderful staff at this charming and elegant hotel however allowed us to check in in the morning, which was so fantastic after a long overnight flight. The room was gorgeous and spotless, and the bathroom was sinful! The deep marble bathtub and separate huge shower were a godsend. Being able to shower and change after our long flight was wonderful. The bed was deliciously comfy and the furnishings were just lovely.

Any small request we asked of the staff was met with out any issue and he always spoke to us so nicely and with the best attitude. I loved our stay here and wished we could have stayed longer! I definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here & it was delightful to read your compliments of the staff especially regarding your early check in.

The team are fully committed to delivering first class service & we understand that weary travellers want to gain access to rooms as quickly as possible.

It is lovely that you recommend us & I do hope that you will come back & see us as soon as you can.

Reviewed 7 September 2011

Although we have stayed at the Bentley Hotel for the 4th time now, I've not written a review about it. I feel compelled to share our experience with you. Its a smaller boutique style hotel with a spa on a very quiet street in Kensington (which, if you know how busy and noisy London, is not easy to find!). The tube is less than 5 minutes away and taxis are plentiful. There are some pretty good restaurants around as well. The rooms are incredibly large and lush with lovely chandeliers, comfortable beds and granite countertops and a huge bathtub and shower in the bathroom. Definitely 5 star quality. Since I'm a Diamond member, we were bumped up to an even more beautiful suite than what we had booked. The staff is always incredibly helpful, honest and professional. I particularly wanted to point out how honest they are. I accidentally left my brand new iPhone charging in the room when we left for an all day tour. Imagine to my pleasant surprise that it was still there when we got back! Also the concierge bent over backwards to bring up our room service order himself because the kitchen was extremely busy with a large wedding party and he made sure that we had everything we wanted. We love it here and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BGHera

Dear Reviewer,

I am very grateful to you for your kind review of your stay with here at The Bentley London.

It is very satisfying to know that this was your fourth stay with us & I am delighted that you have shared your experience with fellow travellers.

It is rewarding for the team to hear such huge compliments about their work & I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel many more times in future.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Choose this hotel as I had an early flight from Heathrow the next morning. It is about a 3 minute walk to the tube and then 45 minutes to terminal 5.
There is some building work at the front which currently detracts from the beauty of the building on your approach , my room also looked out onto the netting but what a fantastic room it was! Upgraded to a suite , an enourmous bedroom a lovely bathroom with bath and shower, entrance hall and dressing room. Although this is a Hilton hotel is has a much grander feel than the others I have stayed in (Park Lane, Waldorf). The reception staff were exceptional, there was a slight noise problem with the aircon and this was fixed perfectly. Around the area there are lots of pubs and restaurants , you are also close to the Albert Hall and many museums as well as Chelsea FC. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us. It is always so refreshing to read such wonderful comments about the hotel.

I do appreciate that scaffolding around the hotel is not ideal but this will not be up for much longer while we carry out essential works to maintain the building.

I do hope that it did not inconvenience you & I also look forward to welcoming you back as our guest very soon.