The Bentley London
US$213
US$188
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewschampagne afternoon teawhirlpool bathcoronation chickengloucester road stationbeautiful hoteljunior suitethe natural history museumquiet streetbirthday treatan upgradestandard roomhyde parkkensingtonharrodstubefurnishingsconcierge
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Having stayed before, I booked this as a part of a 40th birthday surprise. The surprise was how poor it was. The room smelled musty. The bottom sheet on the bed didn't fit, so two were used and overlapped, which didn't work and was uncomfortable. So uncomfortable it woke us up as it became tangled during the night. There was no duvet cover, it was just between two sheets so we saw an old duvet. Not nice. Breakfast was incorrect, only 3 couples there, so to get the type of eggs asked for wrong is unforgivable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank penzb
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Trip advisor Member,

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley.Firstly,when I am happy to see that you have given us some positive/high rankings on location, cleanliness with average ranking on rooms and other factors which has certainly lead me to investigate and rectify the issues raised by you at my earliest.

May I also take the opportunity of this moment to ensure you that my reception team would have immediately changed the room if notified of any unpleasant experience as mentioned in your comments at the first given oppurtunity.

I will also agree with your opening comments that since you had stayed with us in the past and certainly liked the hotel which had lead you to come back with same expectation, however due to some issues the recent stay was not up to your expectations.

I can assure you that all the above points mentioned by you have been addressed to relevant teams and I can assure you that they will not add to the experience for any of the guest.

On that note I will also request you to please contact me directly as I along with rest of my team will be looking forward to regain your trust and expectations with The Bentley.

I will be also happy to personally assist you for any of your future reservation or request with us and ensure that you will experience the best of the hospitality we have to offer.

Furthermore, If I can be of any assistance to you may you decide to stay with us in the future which will certainly give me and rest of the team an opportunity to extend all possible service excellence which we hope will add a positive experience.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is an ok location in London. It looks amazing but the service isn't great. My hotel room wasn't clean and several things didn't work. It was very out of date also. Not value of money in my opinion. I paid £270, it should have been £150, maximum!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Janet J
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Janet J,

May I thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley. Further to our conversation earlier today, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I have addressed the issues you had raised, with my relevant team and ensured that the issues should be rectified at the earliest.

Janet, in light of the above I can also assure you that it is not the standard level of service or product that we offer at The Bentley, however it was very unfortunate on that occasion that you had to experience it during your stay.

The location of the hotel is one of the key features as it offers a very peaceful enviourment for all our guest. Because of its location in the most vibrant area of the city, it is easily accessible with all mode of transport and to various places of interest.

Additionally, as requested in my email sent earlier today, I will be most happy to welcome you back and hope to reinstate your faith with The Bentley and extend the hospitality it is best known for.

Looking forward to welcome you.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was only here for a night and didn't have huge expectations especially as I am not a massive Hilton fan, but this hotel is a gem. It is older in style inside and the room we had was lovely. Admittedly it was a suite, but often in London that still means smallish rooms. This was huge, very high ceilings, lounge and dining room area, big hallway and large bedroom.
All decorated in a classic style, but nothing felt old or shabby. We had room service, food arrived quickly, was hot and tasty. If you are in London for pleasure then the Bentley is in a good location for getting around town. The immediate area isn't lovely, but it is safe and a short walk to the main road.
I would recommend looking at it if you are on vacation and want somewhere with a bit more space than your usual chain hotel without completing blowing the budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear JamieKate,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Bently.I am glad to hear that the hotel was a pleasant surprise as it has met your expectation for a perfect holiday hotel.

The Bentley has a great location which is in a close proximity to the city and other popular destination in the city of London. It is the location, its décor, along with the product & service we offer makes it a perfect five star hotel for all market segments.

Additionally, the area within the vicinity of the hotel offers necessary things such as major supermarkets, transport connectivity, specialty restaurants,traditional english pubs which even makes it a preferred choice for both the leisure and corporate travelers.

Once again, thank you for all your kind words and hopefully you will give us another opportunity in the future to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Great hotel! You feel like staying in Buckingham palace. This is the ultimate british experience. Service is fine but not "ritz carlton style". Great place to stay but dont book incl. breakfast as its poor and not 5 start value!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Donraphaello ,

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at the Bentley. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience during your stay but were disappointed with the breakfast in regards to the value it has to offer.

Subsequently, our breakfast service and value for money has always been appreciated being a five star hotel and has a good demand in various packages we have to offer.

Also, in comparison to majority of the five star hotels in the city of London I can vouch for the service which is offered by The Bentley as a top rated and great value for money while serving a niche five star market.

Once again, we appreciate your comments and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I am a Hilton man through and through because of their loyalty program. However, I have never really found a Hilton hotel in London that meets my requirements before until I recently stayed at The Bentley. At last, a Delightful London Hilton in a great location. (The only criticism is that the bar wasn't open as advertised. I was offered a drink in the Lobby but it wasn't the same). It is a great shame that The Bentley has decided to leave the Hilton group as I will be forced to continue my search for a London Hilton that meets my requirements.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LordSheepscombe
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear LordSheepscombe,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Bentley. I am delighted to see that The Bentley has met all your requirements to the fullest for a perfect London city five star hotel.

I have also taken a note of your comment regarding the bar service in the lobby but I can assure you that it is only when a pre-planned event is taking place when we have to extend the full bar service in lobby.

Additionally, since the Journey with the Hilton will come to an end but I am most confident that a similar alternative brand will commence its new journey and in return will offer various similar facilities and benefits to all our guest.

I will request you to please plan another visit to The Bentley and give us another opportunity to offer you a completely new experience from another leading brand within the world of five star hotels.

Looking forward to welcome you.