“Nice Position, very good staff”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #275 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Milano
“Nice Position, very good staff”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

TOP position, 2 minutes walk from Glouchester Road Subway station. Very good connection to LHR. Nice rooms, quite, very nice SPA but close at 6PM. Good Breakfast. Very good position for business or leisure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The Bentley Lon... A, Duty Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear ChrisMI71,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your nice comments.
It is true that the hotel offers a great location and spacious rooms.

I am also very glad that you liked the breakfast and your time at Le Kalon Spa. It is very warming to know that you had a good stay and were feeling comfortable.

Regarding the SPA it is open daily from 10am to 7pm and offers variety of treatments, The Hammam, Sauna and gym facilities. Our guests can also have an access to the gym and sauna anytime after 7pm upon request.

Once again, thank you for the feedback and we will be looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Very pleasant staff polite and efficient. However a rather foul smell in the Foyer. The food was at best average and a tea bag in a thermos pot was not my idea of an afternoon tea.

Attention to detail lacking in the restaurant. 3 bulbs not working in the centre light and a flashing tube in the hidden lighting made for a rather unpleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank disgruntled0000
The Bentley Lon... A, Duty Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Disgruntled0000,
Thank you for your above feedback during your recent visit to The Bentley. Please accept our sincere word of thanks for giving us high rating on service and on value.

Due to a planned maintenance work in the adjoining areas of the hotel with its impact creeping in to the hotels operations, we sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused which has now been rectified completely.

In regards to the crockery and cutlery used for our afternoon tea, i have personally looked into your comments of the usage of a thermos pot; however it’s a range of various silverware tea pots we use instead of a thermos/vacuum flask which can be defined as insulating storage vessel which is not the case with our current arrangements.

I can relate to your comments whereby an alternative to our current tea set could be a traditional tea kettle, which we will certainly look in to for our future arrangements.

Also, on a scheduled basis our maintenance team makes regular visits to the hotels public areas and make any necessary changes were required. It was unfortunately, a coincidence that above lighting issues were existing at that very moment.

As a preventive measure I have ensured that the shift supervisor should increase the visits and report all areas before the commencement of the service.

Once again, thank you for all your feedback and we will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

A short walk from Gloucester Road tube, the Bentley is a delight. Warm welcome and shown through quickly to the lounge.
We had champagne and the glasses were a decent size, certainly not thimbles... There is a choice of teas and coffees as you would expect, and no shortage of supply. During our tea, we had two pots each, and were asked several times if we wanted more - all at no extra charge. The sandwiches were fresh, scones were tasty and the cakes just sweet enough to round off our meal.
The tables are well spaced so no sitting on each other's lap as you find in some hotels, and the staff were friendly and welcoming.
Our Afternoon Tea at the Bentley was a real delight.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin W
The Bentley Lon... A, Duty Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Martin W,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Bentley.

Please accept our sincere appreciation for your kind words. I am very glad that you enjoyed the Afternoon tea and that you were feeling comfortable.

We also appreciate your nice comments about our Team members who are always trying to do their best to deliver excellent service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked for Afternoon Tea at The Bentley and while we really enjoyed the product served, scones were tasty and our waiter was a delight we were quiet disturbed by a gentleman that seemed to be the manager of the hotel. He was constantly standing in the lobby and Restaurant with his hands in the pockets just looking at everything and everyone in a strange way making all of us uncomfortable.
Even so, we had a lovely time. Thank you to all the staff for taking good care of us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valerie A,

Firstly, may I thank you for your recent visit to The Bentley and your sincere feedback regarding your visit. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and giving us a high rating on location and service which are the salient features of the hotel.

Additionally, i have taken a note of your feedback regarding the presence of one of our team members which caused some discomfort and distraction during your visit. Simultaniously,the time when we have a senior team members present in the lobby or public areas is when they may be ensuring a smooth running of the service during the busy hours.

I am sure that in all sincere efforts and intention any team member will not intend to cause any disturbance or discomfort to any of our guest but to ensure a smooth running of the service during the busy period.

Once again, thank you for you feedback and we will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My friends and I visited the Bentley for afternoon tea on Sat 4th Jan, we have to say it was very pleasant, the food was lovely and the staff were wonderful, they went out of there way to make the afternoon a very pleasant experience. No complaints at all. When we left , they even went out to the front of Hotel to call us a taxi, thankyou .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Chrystina A,

Thank you very much for your nice review and kind words. I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant time and enjoyed the Afternoon Tea.

We appreciate your positive comments about the staff as it is very warming to know that our efforts to provide superior service represented in our team and that our guests enjoy the time at The Bentley hotel.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we will be looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Difficult to know where to start really.
First off, the location is perfect, close to the tube station (Gloucester Road), the Natural History Museum and the V&A and of course the usual shopping spots (Harrods etc.). The staff are very helpful and really are a key asset to the establishment.
However, and there is quite a list of however-s, the hotel is about the leave the Hilton Group and I wonder if it is a case of being asked to leave. I really got the impression that the hotel was just giving a sigh and going through the motions…..waiting to see what comes next. As the duty manager was reluctant to discuss which group the hotel was going to join I am not hopeful for a positive outcome. Then again they may decide to go it alone and go down the boutique hotel route. If this is the case, I do hope they do a well needed upgrade.
Let’s start with the hotel lobby, beautiful, airy and imposing. The issue here is the smell of the toilets wafting down from the 1st floor above. Please close the doors to the toilets folks, it does nothing for the ambiance.
We were in a room on the 6th floor. Access was perfect (via a stylish lift). The room itself was very small with too much furniture. The walls, although covered in (silk) fabric, clearly had not been upgraded in many years. The carpets were badly stained as was the headboard. The windows did not close properly resulting in a chilly nights sleep unless the heating/airco was switched on. Luckily I took my ear plugs as being on the flight path to Heathrow (then again in London when are you not on the flight path to Heathrow!), it was rather noisy. There had clearly been some water leakage as the window sill was badly damaged. Additionally, the windows had not been cleaned in… well they looked as if they had never been cleaned.
Moving to the bathroom, there was so many issues the list is too long to mention in totality (see photos). We drew the duty manager’s attention to the issues and she offered to have them repaired during our absence; really! You wanted to replace so much wood, paint it and expect us to put up with the smell of paint? No offer of another room in a hotel which clearly had low occupancy. The towels were frayed and when highlighted the duty manager did ensure they were replaced, with badly stained one. We finally gave up and used the stained towels.
Breakfast was strange, no one in the dining room. Cold (or should I call it European buffet breakfast as it was described on the first morning) options consisted of chewy wet sliced ham, tomatoes and cheese in small pre-wrapped squares….I don’t think so. Really Bentley, in a 5 star establishment....processed squares of cheese?

The concept of old world charm is a nice concept but with the change in group I hope that the Bentley also carries out a significant upgrade. The price quality ration is really not worth it and I would recommend waiting until the upgrade is finished before booking the hotel.

Just to state again, staff were super, thanks to all who made a potentially horrid stay more enjoyable; notable were Alex and Nico who organised really good restaurants at short notice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmsterdamAlex08
The Bentley Lon... A, Duty Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Amsterdam Alex 08,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your nice comments about our staff as it is very warming to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented in our team. These positive feedback about the team are greatly appreciated and I have thanked them personally. Also I am glad to see your high ranking on location.

Please let me apologies for your experience with regards to the room condition and breakfast. I have addressed the issues and shared your constructive feedback with our Head Housekeeper, Restaurant Manager and Maintenance Manager who are aware of the situation and join me in apologizing for the disappointment caused to you on this occasion, albeit it is very rare that we receive negative comments on the quality of our rooms and I was sincerely disappointed to hear about your experience.

The hotel will not be a part of Hilton group from the end of January as you have heard and the information about new company has not been announced yet that was the reason why we could not confirm it to you.

I understand that the stay was not up to your expectations on this occasion but I want to assure you that this is not indicative of the usual standards that we provide.

Please let me apologize one more time and take this opportunity to say that I and the Team hope the above issues would not deter you from visiting our hotel again and that you will give us an opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel sometime in the near future.

I should be most grateful if you would contact me directly so I can ensure the hospitality you would expect from The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel and make all the necessary arrangements together with preparing nice Suite and special treatment for your next visit as the apology from the hotel.

Thank you.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

a brilliant hotel in kensington. ideally situated in london and had a lovely front of house. The only thing was that in the bathroom the marble on the toilet did not meet up correctly with the wall as there was rather a large gab indicating shoddy workmanship which i would not expect in a 5 star suite.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The Bentley Lon... A, Duty Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Mr Jack,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your nice comments about the hotel, location and our Front of House Team.

I appreciate your feedback about the bathroom issue which I have addressed to the Maintenance Manager. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

Once again thank you for your review and we will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you.