“A Welcome Return To An Hotel Renown For Its Style And Quality”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #262 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“A Welcome Return To An Hotel Renown For Its Style And Quality”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Simply a wonderful place to stay. My first visit was in 1978, and although nothing ever remains the same, the continuity of quality felt undiminished. Very central for the 'first time' visitor and in close proximity to most of London's famous attractions.

Room Tip: People I spoke to at the Hotel all said their rooms were comfortable and to a high standard.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Daniel K,

Thank You for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Bentley. The Entire team at The Bentley is very happy to hear such an encouraging feedback.

We hope that you will visits us more often and experience the best of the hospitality The Bentley has to offer.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Greek first
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We recently stayed 5 nights in London at The Bentley Hotel on Harrington Gardens. I have nothing but positives to say. The room was beautifully decorated, as were the other areas of the hotel. The location is very convenient to the Gloucester tube. Several good restaurants are within 2 blocks walking distance. We had an amazing breakfast every morning with a very attentive wait staff.

The staff at the Bentley were extremely helpful and always friendly! They were able to immediately assist with every problem or question we had, no matter how trivial. The staff made our stay in London a very good experience. I would especially like to thank Mario, the concierge, for his help with our constant questions, and Duhan, our bartender at the beautifully decorated Malachite Bar. I hope we can return next year. I would definitely recommend The Bentley for a stay in London.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mike C
Dear Mike C,

Thank You for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Bentley.I am delighted to read such a feedback in which every experience which has been mentioned reflects a true example of a perfect hospitality within 5 star hotel.

I am also happy to share your positive comments about the customer service that you received from our team members with the entire team.

Once again thank you for all your comments and kind words and we will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Glasgow
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I visited the Bently for lunch on Tue the 8th April with my daughter sisters and neices we arrived early but were shown right to our seat we had a glass of champagne which was lovely my starter was delicious mushroom and leek tart my main pork stuffed with apricots was a bit dry but ok I had fresh fruit salad which was ok but it was in water which was not nice liked the tea and coffee which were served in lovely silver pots the staff were very nice and helpfull

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sealau
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Sealau,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Bentley. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the lunch and the service and as a result rated us high on value, location, cleanliness, and service.

I hope you will make many more visits in the future in order to enjoy the best of the service we have to offer.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

On arrival of what seems like a beautiful building on the outside, we were met with the stench of sewage or drainage problem. As it was only in the reception area at first , I decided to stay.
First point of contact was at reception I spoke to a receptionist who told me I was late (only by 11 mins). We were then showed the Tea room where apart from one other couple, we were the only guests! NOT SURPRISED.

Two glasses of chilled champagne were brought out to us which smelled like dirty mop water followed by the tea list we were rushed into choosing from. Then came sandwiches which were very dry, so much so I had to ask for a replacement. Clearly they were not freshly cut. Scones were also bought out at the same time and we were advised to eat them straightaway as they were warm.
I didn't take too kindly to be dictated to in which order I should eat my afternoon tea, especially if they bought everything out in one segment.
The scones appeared to be microwaved as they were ROCK HARD it refused to break on my plate. Never ever have I experienced something so substandard and below par! For a hotel of its calibre I actually expected better.

The jam conserve was torte and sour, the tiny cakes they bought out wasn't too bad but anything containing jam was quite sharp. HORRID HORRID EXPERIENCE, not worth the money. Give me The Savoy any day. I want my money back, what a total sham. The few sandwiches we were bought ended up on my plate along with rock solid stone scone. I CANT BELIEVE WE ONLY HAD ONE ROUND OF SANDWICH EACH!! I left hungry in search of a KFC.
That felt like an afternoon of torture eating in a smelly place with stale sandwiches and warmed over tough scones.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
10 Thank MissmoneyPenny21
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear MissmoneyPenny21,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Bentley. In regards to your visit and the feedback that you have shared for which I am thankful that you had taken you time out to give your feedback, as we take all the reviews about our product and service very seriously.

May I also assure you that I have read the details you have mentioned in the above review with great interest purely because it is a complete contrast to our current standard of service, market reputation & also because it is our policy to address and investigate every feedback in detail specially when our guest are left unsatisfied.

Firstly, May I assure you purely based on the reputation, feedback and ranking we hold at tripadvisor and also on other review websites that the guest who have visited us have always given The Bentley experience a high ranking on quality of food,service,value and location and I will certainly vouch on their experience.

Secondly, I have taken a note of the areas of concern mentioned above and assure you that I will personally address those areas.

I have also taken a detailed feedback from the team members who were on shift and were serving other guest with similar product and service and to my utter surprise and as a contrary to your feedback were complimented for the value and service they have received.

Additionally, as a reference to your above comment and as a gesture of good will, there was two round of sandwiches served with pleasure and there was a request for third, however due to the nature of the promotion it would not have been possible to provide the third round on a complimentary basis.

I have further looked in to the factual details were I can identify that there was no rush in to the service provided and from the moment you were seated at 15:15 the champagne was served within two minutes and you were thoroughly enjoying every sip.

However, there were various opportunities to address any issue with the glass of champagne with four waiting staff ready to serve but unfortunately, we could not see any one being addressed by you.

Even when the tea was served at 15:33 by the restaurant supervisor, there was no sign of complaint and nothing was addressed to him. I am sure with first given opportunity he would have taken well care of your concern.

I could also see that at a later stage when another member of waiting staff was called to explain the issue with sandwich platter, which was gladly changed and the original platter was finished presumably with delight with no sign of complaint In the first place.

Finally, I will request you that if you have any further concern than please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to listen, however, I will still vouch for the highest ranking and reputation that The Bentley holds for its product, service, value, and location and at last but not the least the top reviews that we have been receiving over the years.

London
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We recently stayed at the Bentley hotel and had a very nice time there. Well situated for the Natural History Museum and the Royal Albert Hall. The reception staff were very helpful in pointing us in the right direction / transport - thank you Mario!
Full breakfast in the morning and again excellent service.
The room was well decorated, the jacuzzi bath a delight and the bed comfortable!
We booked through Secret Escapes and I thought it was good value for money.
Would recommend and happy to go back again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bentlkej
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Bentlkej ,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Bentley. I was most happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.I also appreciate your compliments in regards to the service you had received and especially from Mario our Head Concierge.

I am sure you will give us various opportunities in the future in order to experience the best of the hospitality we have to offer.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

After having escaped from the Sheraton Park Lane, I landed a room here where I'd stayed at least 3 times previously & absolutely love the Bentley. The small feel is cozy, it's only a few blocks from the Gloucester Road Underground stop which has a Waitrose market in it & there are plenty of restaurants & pubs within walking distance of the hotel. Literally the only drawback to the hotel is the fitness center is tired & desperately needs new treadmill & elliptical machines but that's the most minor of knocks. The service is stellar, the basement floor bar is like a speakeasy & the rooms are huge for London & whisper quiet. Had chocolates & fruit & bottled water waiting for me upon arrival into my room each time I've stayed.

Love, love, love the Bentley & cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Stayed in 411 which was on the quiet back side of the hotel & couldn't hear any exterior noi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank heathwillis
Dear Heathwillis ,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley. It is always a great pleasure to hear when we get such an inspiring feedback for our splendid product and service. I will certainly vouch for your comments about the hotels location, which is one of its distinctive features.

May I also take the opportunity of the moment to ensure that the areas of concern mentioned in your feedback has already been notified to relevant department and all necessary action will be put in place to overcome it at our earliest.

I am sure you will give us various opportunities in the future to welcome you back and experience the best of the British hospitality we have to offer.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here for the first time last week. We would normally stay in the Marylebone part of London, but decided this time to stay in Chelsea. As always, when you're moving from the familiar to the unfamiliar, you are nervous that you might be disappointed. But, I can safely say, that after our experience in The Bentley, this will now be our new residence in London. This will be our 'go to' hotel when in London, and I'm going to recommend it to friends and business colleagues alike.

I do not really like big and sometimes impersonal business hotels. I'd much rather cosy, intimate and personable hotels where you are made to feel welcome and special ... and that is what The Bentley has in spades. From the moment you arrive at the front door of this classic but unassuming building, the porter is straight out with a smile and a helpful hand. When you walk inside the feeling is one of an elegant private residence without all of the hustle and bustle of a normal hotel. There are very few guests in evidence, so you feel like you're arriving home.

The room we had was on the top floor and was elegantly furnished with plenty of room. The tones of the furnishings and fabrics were rich and relaxing. It all felt very cosy. Once the door of the room was closed, there wasn't a sound to be heard. It felt like a private apartment. Having just returned from New York where the house of the city is always in evidence, I was happily surprised by the quietness of the location. It was very relaxing.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anybody who is looking for a bit of private, quiet and elegant space in London. In a way, I'm loathe to tell everybody about it, just in case it gets hyper busy and I can't get a reservation there again. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TravelWellAlways2014
The Bentley Lon... A, Duty Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear TravelWellAlways2014,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Bentley.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much appreciate your kind comments about our Team and your overall experience during your stay.

Once again thank you for your review and we will be looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,