“Travelodge London Kings Cross”

Travelodge London Central Kings Cross
Ranked #603 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Drammen, Norway
“Travelodge London Kings Cross”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The above mentioned hotel provides a comfortable stay for a reasonable and competitive price, And it is very accessible/centralized and modernized with its card-keys system. The only minus is the noise coming from the metro rails/subway trains

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The staff were very friendly, the room was clean and the bathroom also. The problem for me was it being so close to train tracks. Also there is a bar on the other side of the tracks which has terraced area, at 4am they were still rather loud.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel twice. First time out room overlooked the road and was pretty quiet and easy to sleep so I booked again. This time I was allocated a room on the back of the hotel and these rooms sit over a noisy subway intersection for kings cross station. At night the noise was incessant and very loud even with windows shut. With windows shut the room gets very hot so it was a hard choice between excessive noise and loud noise and uncomfortably hot. The key is to exhaust yourself sightseeing so you fall asleep regardless of noise levels! I would have asked to be moved but as the hotel was busy I felt other quieter rooms might not be available so I put up with it.
Other than that the room was good. Decent size, clean, comfortable. We paid a discounted rate per night by booking when on sale so can't grumble at value for money.
Very close to kings cross so easy to hop on the tube and with all the best sightseeing destinations dotted along these particular tube lines it was very convenient!
Would recommend for anyone wanting to take in the sights of London on a budget. It gets everything right apart from the noise but you can never get it all! There's always a compromise when you want 'cheap and cheerful'. I would book again despite the noise and perhaps request a room overlooking the road rather than on the rear of the hotel.

Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times now and the experience varies depending on the room that you get. My advice would be to decide quickly when you get the room whether you like it or not and then go and change. The best rooms overlook like a cetral courtyard and these are very nice and quiet. The hotel has recently been renovated so the bedrooms are quite nice standard new travelodge fair. The bathroom that I had in one room had a bath and a shower but in another it was just a shower. The showers are fixed to the wall and I really dont like those type but it did its job. Very convenient for Kings Cross and therefore anywhere you need to get to. Didnt try the breakfast as its optional and its only continental so there are in my opinion better options nearby

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the internal courtyard
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig1976
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Less than a minute's walk from Kings X, the location was brilliant, and we didn't have to walk very far to find restaurants and bars. The bed was comfortable and we slept well despite the noisy road and railway outside. It was quite cosy, the smallest travelodge room I've ever been in but it had everything we wanted. The bathroom let it down a little, it was VERY small and the loo was so close to the door we bashed our arms every time we used it, but it was all very clean and fresh. Breakfast was great, the two staff members on duty were friendly and helpful. A short stay but very pleasant! I'll definitely use this travelodge again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Jennifer N
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Disclosure: for a business trip I needed a hotel close to Kings Cross, priced under my company's London limit of £120 per night. I didn't choose this hotel myself, it was chosen for me, so I didn't really have any expectations.

First off, this hotel is SO close to KX. You literally come out the exit and head 2 min along the road, so convenient. Lots of quick and easy eating options nearby (Pret, Starbucks etc) as well as newsagents and of course the shops in KX itself. So location is brilliant. Presuming that proximity to transport and amenities is your priority.

The rooms are in the process of being renovated, so some are still 'old style'. These renovations should be finished shortly, and the room I stayed in was perfect for my needs. Clean, comfortable, warm. I had a room at the back of the hotel, so away from the road, but in central London you never get away from noise and I think this is something people need to recognise. I slept with the window slightly open, with ear-plugs, and had no problem sleeping at all. The bed was really comfortable, the pillows were great, and curtains more than heavy enough to keep out light. Fantastic night's sleep.

There was a kettle and tea/coffee making facilities in my room, but no hairdryer. This is standard at most Travelodges: just ask at reception and they'll actually give you a really good hairdryer - not one of those rubbish ones attached to a desk that may as well be pixies blowing gently on your head.

The bathroom was small, just a shower, but for a one night stay I really wasn't bothered. Shower pressure was fine by London standards. No soap though, only all-in-one shampoo body-wash hand-wash in a bottle, which was a pain to open with wet hands. That was my only negative point about this place, but not worth downgrading the rating for.

I didn't have breakfast, so can't comment on that, but it was offered to me at a reasonable price. If I had time to eat in the morning I probably would have taken it. The staff were really friendly and helpful, looked something up for me on the internet when my phone battery died, let my friend call a taxi at 12:30am and stored my luggage the next day.

I've given this an excellent rating because it has exceeded my expectations in terms of budget London hotels and other Travelodges (I've stayed in so many that are worse than this). It's no luxury hotel, but for £89 a night in London what would anyone expect? It all depends on what you want, and what you're willing to pay for. No point expecting 5* if you only want to pay for 3*. Similarly no point expecting quiet seclusion if you want to stay 2 minutes from Kings Cross. This hotel does exactly what it's meant to: provide clean, comfortable budget accommodation super-close to transport and amenities without any frills, bows or whistles.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may be quieter, apparently. Ask for a hairdryer at reception.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SianInScotland
Hull
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Had to be moved twice before we found a room that had the extra beds we wanted. The room was very hot and noisy due to trains running outside the room all night. Window was broken and dangerous. Curtains didn't close. The only up side were the staff who were very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Travellers are raving about these London hotels