“Tiny but very nice rooms!”
Review of Cherry Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cherry Court Hotel
Ranked #471 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Tiny but very nice rooms!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Very conveniently located. No other comments that other reviewers haven't mentioned, but the morning I departed, Victoria Station was mobbed with people and there was no way I was going to get on the Piccadilly line in time for my flight. Happily, the hotel is a reasonable distance from Green Park too, so I just walked there instead.

I did love the fruit baskets.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
CherryCourtHotel, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you for your review and hope to see you again in the future.
Mrs Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This hotel is very nicely located, the staff is friendly and helpful, it was nicely furnished, the room was clean and it was cheap. The drawback is the tiny room and the very tiny bed (even so everything is so small in London).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ada K
CherryCourtHotel, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Hello! Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This little gem is definately one to consider. Cheaper than most and of higher quality. I Recetly stayed in the single room at the top of the house. There are no lifts but the staff carry all your bags up. It's newly furnished with a great pink interior. The bathrooms are lovely and new, only complaint was the toilet flush was a bit weak and the hot water took a little while. Free wifi and free fruit basket everyday makes this hotel really worth staying at. I would recommend this for people who want something small and quant but close into the city. It's quiet but the walls are a bit thin so if you have a noisy neighbour (as I had a bit) then you will hear them talking. I would definately stay again and none of the small complaints I had would deter me.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Freya M
CherryCourtHotel, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Hi there and thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we take all comments on board. We hope to see you again in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Hi everybody! My husband, son and I stayed there for four nights the weekend after the Diamond Jubilee. I initially found out about the hotel from Rick Steves London 2012 book and then later checked it out here on Trip Advisor (invaluable resource!) We stayed in the triple room on the top floor (4th?) that looked out over Hugh Street. I paid 95 pounds/night and paid in cash as soon as we arrived. Yes, it was small. We had a double and a single bed which my son rolled out of the first morning and bumped his head on the night stand. He was fine and it ended up beng one of our funny stories we'll always remember. Our room was very clean and the family was very nice. Finally figured out why it was called the Cherry Court - our room was painted three shades of pinkish-red! It had it's own bathroom which was nice. I've stayed in Italy a lot over the last five years and usually end up sharing a bathroom down the hall b/c we were in double rooms. This time with our son and having to book triple rooms I found that most of them only came with their own bathrooms. The central location was fantastic - we walked down the street every morning to catch the Route #11 bus and took it everywhere - much more fun than the underground b/c we would sit up top and enjoy the sights. Victoria Station has a Pret and a Marks & Spencer Simply Food which were helpful because we were on a budget and time starved. With the big tourist sights only open from 9AM-6PM you really have to run from one to the other so we usually wolfed down our triangle sandwiches on a bus. One last thing, every night when we returned they had a fresh fruit basket that contained three oranges, three apples, three bananas and an assortment of granola bars and Capri Suns for the next morning. In addition to being included in the cost of the room and fairly nutritious (Capri Sun isn't fresh squeezed oj) this was so helpful as we didn't have to take the time to find breakfast every morning and could eat in the room while getting ready. We had a traditional English breakfast one morning at St. Martin in the Fields Cafe in the Crypt and after that I felt sick for hours - three types of meat and buttery mushrooms with beans and eggs and coffee and tea and toast and tomatoes and... Let's just say that our Cherry Court breakfast got us prepared and engerized for the day vs. overloaded and sluggish. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Christina40_12
, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Hi and thank you for your lovely review. We have been with Rick Steves for many years, and always love to meet people who use his guide. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we sincerely hope to see you again in the future!
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I had a wonderful 5 nights stay at CCH. I stayed at the top floor, single room. It was a quiet room facing the alley. The only thing I wish they provided was shampoo. It's a clean hotel that's close to Victoria station which is convenient for Gatwick airport travellers and the tube users.
The fruit basket was good. The value of the hotel is awesome. I will be back for my next London trip. Hopefully I will be able to get a room at CCH!

All the best in the 2012 Olympics!
Thankyou to The Patels!
Jeff

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jeff c
, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Hi Jeff, thanks for your review. It's always lovely to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay, and we do hope to see you again in the future.
Central Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is an ideal London location and was a Rick Steves pick. The Hotel is very clean and well kept. Holding to the name Cherry Court the walls are pleasing pink and cherry color. The owner is very friendly and the price is excellent for a London stay. We arrived June 16 and were here for just a two night stay. We have been to Europe on prior holidays and are familiar with small room size. Being from Texas this does take some adjustment. I must say this was the smallest room I have ever stayed in. You could streach your arms out and reach both walls. I am not kidding. There were two of us and it was very difficult to move around as the bed takes up most of the room and with two pieces of luggage we had nowhere to move. I would not recommend this hotel for more than a two nighter. For one person the room would be manageable. The bathroom was equally small with a tiny sink that was useless except for getting a glass of water. The water pressure in the shower was little more than a drizzle and if you drop anything you will need to step out of the shower to reach it. The drapes are white shear and will not block any light which was also somewhat bothersome as I prefer to sleep in darkness. The window glass is very thin so sound from outside was also bothersome as we could hear patrons from the Irish bar just down the street singing Irish tunes late into the night. They do have great fish and chips however. All in all, this place is ok for a one or two nights for the price and location . If your staying longer I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: We had two rooms they were equally small