“Perfect location, wonderful proprietors”
Review of Cherry Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cherry Court Hotel
Ranked #475 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Perfect location, wonderful proprietors”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My 20 year old daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights. It is a GREAT value, GREAT place to stay for a short period. It's very close to Victoria Station for access to trains, Underground, buses, whatever your transportation needs. The staff are extremely helpful and accommodating, very pleasant and happy to answer any/all questions and help in any way they could.

The reason I say short-stay though is because of the size of the room(s? I didn't see any rooms other than our own). We had a 2 bed room (1 twin, 1double) and the beds really took up the entire room. There's no question that we overpacked from this 2 week trip, but even with smaller suitcases it still would have been an issue. With no closets, no drawer space we worked out of our suitcases. One open on the floor between the beds, the other balanced awkwardly on 2 chairs at end of a bed. To get to the bathroom from double bed I would have to step in to suitcase on floor, or climb over it straight on to twin bed and on in to bathroom. The bathroom was tiny also. With no space for putting toiletries or make up bag. Small sink, no counter space at all, no room to sit make up items to then put makeup on. For mother and daughter traveling together this would have become an enormous issue had we been there more than the 2 nights.

Wonderful fruit/snacks basket each morning; free wi-fi; and an excellent location made this a great stay. We/I would stay here again, would recommend to my friends. (With my 'small rooms' commentary.).

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Lisa C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Colorado
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel has numerous positives. For me, the hotel was very attractively priced (in comparison to other hotels in the vicinity). It also had free wi-fi for guests. Since they did not have breakfast, they provided a daily breakfast basket containing fruits and sweets. Finally, the hotel is only two short blocks from the rear entrance of Victory train station. The gotcha is knowing how to get to the rear entrance - one way was through the attached Victoria Mall.
The primary negative is the small rooms. I had read about the room size in a previous review, but I did not realize how "small was small". For example, for two people to get dressed, this can only be done sequentially with one lying on the bed. Also, if you're next the wall, you need to literally clawl out of the bed (my arms got a whole body exercise). Then finally to access the luggage, the only place for them was on top of the bed.
In closing, if you're not planning on spending much time in the room, this hotel is a very attractive option.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank dobedoda
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stay at Cherry Court Hotel is remarkable experience for me and my family. Great location and great value is the plus point of this hotel. Hotel is very close to Victoria Station and most major tourist attractions. They offered updated, clean and cherry room which is equipped with free Wi-Fi facility.
By American standards, the rooms may seem small but nothing out of the box for London. Staff of the hotel is modest and had everything that we needed. The beds and pillows in room are incredibly comfortable and we slept very peacefully at every night. Infact, the owner of the hotel does not feel ashamed to fulfill the need of customer. Their friendly staff is always ready to answer all of our questions with smile on their face. Moreover, they make sure we were comfortable and were available at all hours of the night and day.
Apart from big breakfast buffet, you can also enjoy fruits, cookies, juices and much more. I would recommend this hotel to all my colleagues and relatives.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank verauzu n
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 14 December 2013

It was exactly as I had thought it would be by the reviews. I needed a place close to Victoria Station for just one night, it was perfect. It was clean and the people were friendly. I expected the room to be small, it was, but had everything you needed, your own shower, tv etc. If I was traveling with my husband or kids I would not stay there as it was a bit too basic. I don't think I would stay there for an extended period of time, I would want a little more luxury....but again, perfect hotel for one quick night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank CatherineChicago_IL
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed here mid-October 2013. I had been staying at a hostel that turned out to be much more noisy than I anticipated. After a sleepless night and an all-day tour, I was exhausted. I happened to find this hotel online; they had an available room at a great price.
I'm very grateful to the wonderful lady at the front office; when I came in, she could tell I was dead on my feet. She just gave me the key and told me we could take care of the details later.
The rooms are very small, but it might as well have been a palace to me! Everything was clean and in working order. There's even a basket in each room with some fruit and snacks in it, perfect for a small breakfast and some treats as you travel.
With Victoria station and a pub just down the street, the location is great. The staff is awesome, rooms are cheap by London standards and as a solo female traveler I felt safe here. I will certainly stay here again when I come back!

Room Tip: The stairs can be tricky with heavy luggage, but they will help you if you need it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank BlueGhostFires
Vila Nova de Famalicao, Portugal
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The hotel is about 3 min walk from one of the major subway/train/bus station of London (Victoria) and it is in a nice calm street. The rooms are small, but very cosy and clean. Everyone on the hotel were helpfull and friendly and every day we get a basket with fresh fruit, some cookies and juice. I honestly believe that it is impossible to find a better hotel for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FabioCosta85
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights before leaving on a cruise from Southhampton. Upon arrival(we were very early) we explained to the very wonderful and accommodating owners that we had travelled all night and wondered if they could have the room ready early, and they agreed for noon. It is very close to Victoria Station and most major attractions. The room was clean, updated and comfortable with a little organization of our luggage. Our only complaint was that our room was very hot (for us), so we opened the window for fresh air. The street was very quiet at night and we felt extremely secure with it open. We would book again in a heartbeat!

Tip for cruisers: If cruising out of Southhampton, coach (bus) station - National Express is a 5 minute walk tops, and is an excellent price & good service. Mrs. Patel is great at giving directions to go here!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple