Novotel London ExCeL
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
2,417 results
All reviewscustom housecity airportroyal victoriathe emirates cable caremirates airlinecanning townseparate toiletflight pathdlr stationdocklands areadocklands light railwayjubilee linesofa bedtesco expresscanary wharfbath and showereasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Lovely hotel, we were originally booked into the Ibis hotel next door, but they had rang us to say we had been moved (upgraded). Comfortable beds, very modern clean bathroom, and close to the Emirates airline, which takes you straight to the O2 arena.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
NovotelLondonExCeL, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay

I was very satisfied to read you found the location of the hotel suitable to your requirements as we are close to the O2 Arena.
I am particularly happy to read that you find the room to be modern, clean, comfortable and quiet.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future and remain at your service in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed last week for a concert in the O2 . The hotel was very convenient for this. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and gave us any assistance we needed. It was great sitting on the balcony having a few cold beers and great food. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to us.
I am overwhelmed by your great review and I appreciate your feedback and 5* rating.

Your ratings about our rooms and service as well as the hotel in general are very much appreciated. Your kind comments have been shared with the hotel team.

We certainly hope you will have the opportunity to return to London and stay with us again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here last Saturday as it was very convenient for our visit to 02 to see Gary Barlow in concert! Check-in was very quick and easy and we were met by a charming receptionist with a lovely smile!
We were booked into an Executive double room on the top floor! The room was clean and comfortable and had a great view over part of London. We arrived back after the concert and "crashed out" at around midnight. I have to report that we both thought our bed was one of the most comfortable that we had ever slept in and considering we've traveled much of the world, that's saying something! We went down to breakfast at around 08.45 and were seated at a table with a nice view of the outside. The buffet breakfast was simply excellent with freshly cooked food being brought out continuously! The menu too is vast so you're spoiled for choice and could be tempted to return for second helpings, which, of course, we didn't do!!!! I believe that Michael Lucas is the General Manager of this hotel and we would like to congratulate him and his team on the First Class service we received during our "brief" stay! We will certainly stay here again when we visit 02. Why fight your way home on public transport after a show when you can stay here???!!!

Room Tip: There are nie floors so try to obtain a room fairly high up!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelLondonExCeL, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear TerryRothery,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to us.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for sharing your comprehensive feedback.

I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed staying in one of our Executive rooms and that you also found our staff very helpful and nice. I will pass on your comment to Lauryna as I am sure she will be delighted to see that she could help you with the check in.

I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed the Upper Deck Breakfast overlooking the water.

I have shared your kind words with the team who are also very glad to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Thank you once more for sharing your comments with us and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Novotel London ExCeL, Royal Victoria Dock.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Myself and three friends attended an event at the O2 and stayed here for 1 night. We arrived early and were able to check in, we had booked two twin rooms and on check in were asked if we would like connecting rooms, which was fantastic! The rooms were basic but clean and quite spacious for a London hotel.
We found the location fantastic, the DLR was a short walk around the corner and the Emirates cable car was equal distance the other way.
Check out the next morning was friendly and quick.
We had booked through a last minute website, so our price was extremely reasonable. Breakfast wasn't included in our stay and to be honest I think the £19.95 price tag for a full cooked breakfast, is a bit much.
However we didn't try the food, maybe the price reflects the quality.
We would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We were thrilled to read your review and appreciate the feedback.

The hotel team were delighted to read that you rated many aspects of your stay so highly.
We appreciated your kind comments in regards to our friendly Reception staff, our clean room and the lovely breakfast you had in our Upper Desk Restaurant that I will share with our entire team.
Please kindly note that our breakfast is £16.45 per person, but you can also pre-book at reception one day in advance at a special rate of £11.45. Alternatively please visit our website for special deals with breakfast included.

I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at the Novotel London ExCeL. It was a great pleasure to see that you had a good stay and would recommend our hotel to others.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Staying there for a 3 days meeting, the hotel management is practicing a really bad policy regarding the reservation changes for business travelers ... 30 days notice period!
As business can not always been planned 30 days in advance, me and my colleagues were robbed an incredible amount of nights due to impossible reservation changes ... and that for a group a 45 persons!
I will make sure to blacklist this place !
For the price, you'll get a small but correct room with a tiny bathroom and a toilet where you need to leave the door open because there is no space to out your legs (and I'm only 1.74 m)
The breakfast is more then correct.
For the "light" sleepers among you, bad luck, the London City airport is quite close and the noise insulation is very light !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert F
NovotelLondonExCeL, Manager at Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Robert F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay.

I am sincerely sorry what seems to have been a less than satisfactory stay. I am really disappointed that we did not delivered the high standard of service which we always set up to achieve.

I look forward to your contact.

Kindest regards