Novotel London ExCeL
US$308
US$285
Travelocity
2,417 results
All reviewscustom housecity airportroyal victoriathe emirates cable caremirates airlinecanning townseparate toiletflight pathdlr stationdocklands areadocklands light railwayjubilee linesofa bedtesco expresscanary wharfbath and showereasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had booked tickets to a concert at the O2, so I needed somewhere convenient I could crash out afterwards. We arrived at the hotel early and were planning on dropping off our bags, but they had our room ready for us and let us take them upstairs early. To activate the lift, you must have a room key, which is good as it makes it more secure! The hotel room was lovely and we had a few of the Emirates Air Line (which we used to get to the O2 arena, as it was an easy walk away). Even coming back late, we felt very safe as the area is not dodgy. You can get off at Custom House if you're using the DLR, though we found Royal Victoria Docks an easy DLR station too. The location is perfect for a bit of shopping at Stratford or visiting the Olympic Park. Room was clean, tidy and quiet and the beds were lovely to fall into after a long day!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
NovotelLondonExCeL, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay

It is a pleasure to read that you find our hotel to be perfect and in a good location. We are ideally situated next to the DLR station and few metres away from the cable car going over to the O2 Arena. It is true that our property is a good base to visit London, close to public transportation and in very nice surroundings.

We certainly hope you will have the opportunity to return to London and stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is the fourth time I have stayed here, it is the closest to Excel Centre has excellent food and first class service. The room offered everything I needed for my stay I particularly like having the washroom facilities in separate areas. I will stay again and recommend to anyone

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Dear Guest,

We are very grateful for your fantastic five star review in regards to your stay at Novotel London ExCeL. It is always such a great pleasure to receive positive feedback!

I was happy to read you found the location of our property very convenient for the ExCeL centre. We are indeed situated only 300 metres way from the Exhibition centre making it perfect should you need to attend an event at the ExCeL.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Novotel London ExCeL, Royal Victoria Dock on another stay in London.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location of the hotel, while quite far from the city center, was readily accessible through the Docklands Light Railway, which connects to the London Overground through Tower Hill. If you just have a manageable amount of luggage, taking the Overground and DLR is the most cost efficient way of getting to the hotel from the airports. Otherwise, be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for airport transfers. As the hotel is near the River Thames and London City Airport and is in a quite open area, it was also quite windy, which brought down the temperature substantially. Plan to pack warm wear if you're going during the colder months of the year.

For our trip, we booked our inbound and outbound airport transfers through the hotel and I gave a very detailed account of the number of people and amount of luggage that we were bringing along, for which they quoted me an amount each way that we would pay directly to the driver. The inbound transfer had a vehicle a tad too small and we really had to squeeze in all the luggage, plus our son had to have a bag on his lap the whole way from Heathrow. For the outbound transfer, they sent a driver with a bigger vehicle, so it was more comfortable, but we were charged quite a bit more than what the hotel said it would be. Plus the driver initially thought that we were departing through Heathrow again, but I specifically mentioned that we were flying out of Gatwick, which was farther away. I can imagine if the adjustment was just for the bigger vehicle, but the hotel should have gotten all the details right in the first place to give me a better idea of what we would be spending on the transfers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
NovotelLondonExCeL, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and appreciate your detailed description of your stay.

I was happy to read you found our hotel to be nice in the beautiful and peaceful docklands area.
The hotel is only a few minutes’ walk from Custom House or Royal Victoria DLR stations and is ideally located for easy access to several transport links including the Jubilee Line (from Canning Town), the Central Line (from Stratford) and the Hammersmith & City Line and District Line (from West Ham).

I was dissapointed to read that the airport transfer organised by the hotel was not suitable for your needs. Please rest assured that I am investigating this matter further as it was clearly booked for 5 passengers. With regards to the rate, I have been informed that you was charged £90 for your Gatwick transfer (£85 was confirmed), so please accept my sincerest apologies for this. The taxi company had been given correct information about your inbound as well as outbound transfer and I am following up on this issue as there must have been some form of miscommunication on their behalf.

Once again, we are very sorry to hear we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

We do hope this will not prevent you from coming back to our property and therefore that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a great hotel if attending an event at Excel as it's right on the doorstep. The rooms are spacious and fitted out with all mod cons. The food in the bar and at breakfast was great. My only concern was the staff. I always leave my bags in the room in a certain way & take a picture of position and zips. They had been tampered with. I also accidentally left a lighter of sentimental value on the breakfast table, returned at the end of the working day to reclaim it to find it had vanished, the staff also accused other guests of taking it, but I doubt any guest would have sat at a dirty table for their breakfast! This ruined whole experience...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jen2862014
NovotelLondonExCeL, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to us.
I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the service shortcomings highlighted in your review.

I was concerned to hear that the housekeeping standards were not up to the expected level, as we consistently score high in this area on other reviews. I have spoken to our Housekeeping Manager and she reassured me that your bags might have been moved during cleaning, as we try to service all rooms to the highest standards. However, please accept our apologies for any discomfort or inconvenience caused.

On a positive note, it was great to read that you found our rooms spacious and you enjoyed great breakfast in the Upper Deck Restaurant overlooking the water.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Following my stay whilst exhibiting at grand designs live
I had two rooms booked and stayed for 11 nights
I didn't find the hotel to be a 4* standard and would struggle to genuinely class it as 3*
The cleanliness isnt great the rooms are very compact and you don't have a lot of space in a delux twin room for 2 when staying for a number of days, the toilet is tiny. The drains smell the changes of toiletries , milk, plastic glasses etc was not consistent and things were missed on a daily basis. The thermostatic valve for the shower wasn't working, bar area tables and seats left filthy , car park is quite compact and when I got home to top everything off I found my front bumper had been clipped by another vehicle in the hotel car park. :-(

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to us.

I have forwarded all your comments to the respectable department managers and I can ensure you that we will take the appropriate measures to address your concerns.

With regards to the car park, please accept my sincerest apologies for any issues you experienced during your stay, however it is a public car park and we do not take any responsibility for any damages caused by other drivers.

I was truly sorry to read you would not stay again but remain at your service should you wish to give us another chance to better serve you in the future.