We stayed at the Novotel London last week and I must say we were comfortable at all times and well looked after. The rooms are very well equipped with a lovely Bose iPod dock which we thoroughly enjoyed! The DLR lines were merely a 5-7 min walk to either the Custom House stop of Royal Victoria which made travelling to and from incredibly easy and stress free...
However, being in Hospitality myself I did find a few things rather frustrating:
1) Ordering breakfast in the morning or even lunch was at times difficult as not many of the staff understood English very well. The breakfast buffet was rather boring after the third day as there no change over the odd 6 days we spent at the hotel. Scrambled eggs day after day...
2) Once laundry has been given in, the laundry bag and list isn't replaced should you wish to send more in the following day. There were strict times that one had to hand laundry in, in order to receive it the same day. Once we requested a new laundry bag and list, it took nearly an hour for us to receive it with a couple of phone calls down to either reception or the restaurant.
3) There was a lovely Nespresso machine in our room - pity it didn't work, at all!
4) Reception would at times be very difficult to get hold of, and this would then require one to physically go to reception to be assisted, which I felt was not on par!
5) A three pound charge was added to our bill for every time we ordered room service - I found this a tad bit absurd as it's a mere 2 mins to our room from anywhere in the hotel.
Other than these five points we had a very relaxing and comfortable stay! Big thank you to GM Michael who introduced himself to us during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary waterfront hotel located 150 metres from the ExCeL London & ICC (Exhibition Centre)and near the O2 Arena, Canary Wharf, Stratford, London City Airport (LCY) and historic Greenwich. The hotel is ideally located in the capital’s dynamic eastside and close to Westfield Stratford City shopping centre, which is only 10 minutes away. Novotel London ExCeL is a 5 minute walk from Custom House D.L.R. station. All Novation rooms have en-suite bathrooms with a bath and separate shower unit, as well as pivoting desk for working or dining, high speed internet, Wi-Fi access and satellite TV. The Upper Deck Restaurant offers panoramic views in a relaxed environment overlooking Royal Victoria Dock. Open from 6am to 10.00pm the Upper Deck also offers 24-hour room service. Paid car parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel London ExCeL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Excel Hotel London
- Accor London Excel
- London Novotel