“Access to London, amenities above the price”

Paddington Court Rooms
Ranked #827 of 1,089 Hotels in London
NE Indiana
“Access to London, amenities above the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

First things first, European hotel rooms are NOT American size. You just need to wrap your mind around that before you even venture there. My wife and I stayed in Paddington two years ago, enjoyed the area, and when a return trip came up we wanted to be back in Paddington, but try a new hotel. With the Paddington and Lancaster Gate tube stations so close, walking distances to Hyde Park, and a variety of eateries and shops in Paddington it is, in my opinion, the perfect balance of "close to action" and "secreted away".

Slightly west of the central area of Paddington, the Court Rooms offer a quieter stay than our previous hotel, while still being only a couple minutes walk from whatever you may need. The rooms themselves far surpassed my expectations. No, you won't be able to do cartwheels. If you want a room that size I advise two things; First, open your wallet, WIDE. Second, remember YOU ARE IN LONDON. If you are in your room long enough to quarrel about the size, you have made an epic travel fail.

The rooms we had were exceptionally clean, well appointed, and truthfully, well laid for their size. The bathroom was modern and comfortable, though again, not roomy.

The staff was helpful, the location safe, and again, the modern feel of the room, and cleanliness cannot be overstated. A WONDERFUL choice for your stay in London. I cannot recommend it any higher. Wifi was complimentary, which as a pseudo-business traveler I found quite helpful and not at all the norm.

Do give them your business.

Room Tip: You might opt of an off-street if they have it, and you are concerned about road noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is located just a few blocks and very short walk to Paddington Station, which is why we picked it.
We stayed for one night and the best thing I can say about the experience was that it only lasted for one night.
I didn't expect to have a spacious room but the standard room I was assigned was the smallest room I have ever stayed in.
There was just enough floor space for my carry on luggage. I assume that their double rooms will be a bit more spacious but single travelers beware!
It was warm and the ventilation (aircon) was not great. I would have given it one star but added an extra star because the bed was comfortable and the room was clean.
Yes the hotel is very clean and modern looking but for the price i did at least expect a room i could move around in and be comfortable within.
My only praise for the hotel is the staff were very friendly and helpful and we could leave our bags there while we had the day in london even after we had checked out. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I get off the lane from NYC and stay here - for over 3 years now. And they have only got better and better aat what they do. Professional, well-trained, great people with genuine focus on customer service, As you walk in, you see how they pay attention to details. And this is by design! Vinyak is a great manager. and with professional staff like Cyn-Ann, you feel in a good place. Highly highly recommend,

Room Tip: Its a great neighborhood with access to all you need.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed at the BW Shaftsbury Hotel for 6 nights in March 2014

This was my first time to London on my own (non-pkg tour) and it was eyeopening what you get for your accommodation $. I wanted a place that was central to the subway, had free wifi and free breakfest. BW Paddington gave me all three but the size of the room was small. We had room 15 and I had to jump over both beds to make it to my side of the room. We booked for 2 singles but the room was so small they had the beds pushed together to make a double. I had a lovely view of the alley and the window seemed kind of flimsy. The bathroom was new but very small, I had to turn my body sideways to get into the shower and it was about half a foot off the ground, so you had to be careful coming in or out.

The staff were nice, especially the breakfest manager who ensured people were seated promptly.

When I mentioned the size of the room upon checkout, the front desk said I should have booked a "club room". All the pictures online make the room look big. Just remember hotels in the paddington area are all old georgian townhouses so they are a mish-mash of rooms put together.

Room Tip: ask to see the size of a club room. internet pictures are very deceiving. Website does not explain...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diane M
Tonyc32
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Firstly I booked this hotel using a popular hotel booking website.

This website gave an address...which turned out to just be a door which was key card only access. I stood there for a good 10 minutes waiting, and trying to call the number but to no avail. Luckily after 10 minutes a member of staff came out and told em the front desk was at a different address - over the road.

It turns out this hotel is run by Best Western....a simple sign on the door would have been nice! I was about 30 seconds away from leaving and finding another hotel.

When I finally did check in I was taken over the road and then informed the lift was not working. Great.....5 floors with luggage. This should have been noted at time of check in - I needed to return to my room often throughout my stay and five floors of walking up and down soon takes it out on you!

The rooms were a bit dated but were comfortable.

Could do much better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tonyc32
Nr Frome
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel a number of times. It has always been clean and tidy, staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are variable the better ones are across the road. The only complaint is that breakfast doesn't start until 7.00 which is late for a business hotel. Good location near to Paddington Station.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sri Lanka
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel (room 624 I think) from 2 to 7 September. Thing is, I booked to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington, across the road is Paddington Court Rooms, which the reception explained to me is part of their hotel. I was shown to one of the smallest single rooms I have seen. I managed to stay there for five nights (total cost of room only via a travel site booking: £393). Bathroom small with a shower stall and I did not like the traces of mold at the edges. Hotels need to make greater effort regarding removal of mold from bathrooms; quite unsightly, particularly if you are squeamish about such things (as I am). Breakfast was across the road at the main premises. Four varieties of meat at breakfast, all pork (ham, bacon, pork sausages, etc). I asked why they didn't cater to non-pork eaters of which there are millions in the world (Muslims, Jews, etc), they didn't have an answer, basically a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. So I only had breakfast the once.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a single room (if you can afford not to), little bigger than a walk in wardrobe.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo