“Great value, great location”

Imperial College Accommodation Prince's Gardens
Ranked #33 of 824 Speciality Lodging in London
Nanuet, New York
“Great value, great location”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I stayed at Beit Hall for the period July 7, 2011 through July 11, 2011.
I found the accommodations very pleasant. I normally stay at a particular 4 star hotel when I visit London,
but found my favorite hotel was completely booked for the period. I checked on the Internet and Imperial College was an interesting option.

I have to say that the location of the residence is very convenient. I did not use the bus, but I really thought that having the # 360 stop right in front of the residence was great. I read that the South Kensington Underground station was the closest but I found that the Gloucester Rd station was more convenient.

The room rate was very reasonable. I stayed in a single en suite room and found the room though small, it was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. I need to say that the towels provided were the softest towels I have found at any 4 star hotel.

I found that the offer of 5 GBP for the entire stay for Internet use was a terrific deal. Although WIFI did not have a strong enough signal to reach my room on the 3rd floor, the use of the PC's in the reception was an acceptable alternative.

Breakfast in the Sherfield Building was not an issue for me unlike some of the reviews I have read . The food was hot and the coffee good. The short walk was no problem.

I would definitely stay at the college in the future without hesitation.

Paul Skokandich

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank PJS8055

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My partner and i stayed here in August 2009. I love love loved staying here. It is in zone 1 so you cant get any better than that. Transport is great and our room was massive and very clean. Our room was modern and had a huge ensuite bathroom with a shower in the bath. All linen was provided and there were also very very cheap laundry facilities in the building. I recommend you save doing your washing until you get here. Breakfast was included and was a bit of a walk away but well worth it. If i came back to London in the summer months, i would definitely stay here again. The price and location were fantastic. We checked in at some godly time in the early hours of the morning, because of flights, which was bonus being able to do that. Ps. No TV, mini bar/fridge etc

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rainbowgirltravels
Bristol
Reviewed 11 July 2011

It was as expected, halls of residence, on a very large campus site. Unbeatable value for money in this superb location. efficient check in, everything clean but worn down. ---but --- have to balance this with no en suite and worst of all doors that continually banged shut throughout the night in the adjacent rooms along the corridor and main bathroom opposite. I met a fellow guest who had also worn earplugs but slept little ("clack clack bang") .mass catering breakfast very efficient.No tv, basic bolt hole, but would never stay again due to disrupted sleep.

Room Tip: take ear plugs
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank peter191049
Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We booked a twin room in Southside halls, i needed a twin room as i did not want to share a bed with my six yr old as he tosses and turns all night. I requested a twin room in my original booking and i also discussed a twin room in Southside halls with reservations two weeks before our arrival, i was guaranteed a quiet twin room in Southside halls. According to the website rooms in Southside halls are an ok size. When we arrived we were given a tiny stuffy double room in Eastside halls. There was nothing the hotel could do to help as they were full to capacity. There were a group of noisy students on our floor who made noise one night until twelve. Out of the four nights we stayed i only got one half decent nights sleep.
On the plus side, location is great, wifi service for 5 pounds for entire stay was really good too.

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I have stayed at Imperial College at least three times over the past five years, and was never disappointed. Prices are excellent compared to the average hotel in London. Rooms (single or double) are dormitory-style but clean and comfortable, and there are on-site laundry facilities. All rooms I stayed in had en-suite bathrooms inside the room, but showers are very small which may be a hassle for older visitors or those with certain health problems. Breakfast in the dining hall is included in the price and was better than I expected, with a choice of full English breakfast (eggs, sausages, cooked mushrooms and baked beans), cereal, fruit and yogurt, and plentiful hot and cold beverages. It is also all you can eat, but you can only go through the line once as far as I remember (the big breakfast here was great on weekends before sightseeing, and saved me a lot of money on not having to buy lunch). Some of the accommodations, particularly Southside Hall, have on-site internet (for a small fee) and telephones in the rooms (telephone cards are available for purchase at the desk, but work only for phones in the rooms and building). Check-out is at the usual early time, but you can leave your luggage at the desk for sightseeing. All dorms are conveniently close to South Kensington tube station, the Natural History Museum, Harrods, Royal Albert Hall, and Hyde Park.

Room Tip: Southside Hall is the best, it has in-room telephones with calling cards, on-site internet and laund...
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank AquaBlu
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We were booked for a twin room @ Beit Hall but there were some over bookings, so we were upgraded to two double en suite rooms in the southside( above eastside bar) of the imperial college complex which I might add is vast...And also very lovely overlooking a square typical of a very nice area in the nicer parts of london.....

Staff were friendly and professional at all times in the bars/restaurants/check in/housekeeping...A variety of all sorts of people booked in and all rubbed along nicely...There is an overall very nice atmosphere about the place...

Breakfast a bit of a pain as have to walk a few mins to get to but again lovely staff and a generous choice of breakfast....

Close to underground and all the museums and of course the stunning Royal Albert Hall....

I would say I am well travelled and stayed in all sorts of establishments, but for the money you pay and the stunning location you would be a fool to moan....Just go with the flow and enjoy the quirky ride......

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank londonmisslondon
Essex
Reviewed 11 December 2010

I wrote earlier about my upsetting experience of the room being cleared of my possessions. I would like to add that after a small number of emails and phone calls, I was fully recompensed financially and did stay again with no further problems. I'm sure I shall be back again for next year's Proms.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo