Imperial College Accommodation Prince's Gardens
Ranked #36 of 922 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed one Saturday night in July for a theatre matinee and a reminiscence weekend as we live in London 10 years ago. The room was clean and the bed linen white and crisp. No tv (to be expected), good en-suite shower with sink. Not much room to put toiletries etc but adequate for one night. The Eastside Bar is great value - 1 cocktail and 1 pint of lager came to £5.50. Incredible for London! The breakfast was very good. Full English (we're vegetarians but plenty of choice for us as well). Good coffee and juices. All served in the Senior Common Room - very busy but a nice atmosphere. All in all would recommend this if you are travelling on a budget. A bit of a hike into Soho, Covent Garden areas though. Oh! Forget to mention free use of the swimming pool. I didn't use it but my partner did and he was very impressed.

Room Tip: Ideal if you have tickets for the Royal Albert Hall
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suegalway

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Travelling on low-budget business, a colleague and I booked (separate) accommodation in Beit Hall recently. I am long past the days of bunking in university residences, but it seemed a good idea (read: money-saving) at the time. And in many ways, it was a good idea. Ideally located in South Kensington, we were near to everything. The streets were quiet. We walked to the tube in just a few moments. The residence was filled with visitors of all sorts - families, scholars, school groups, hikers, people like us. The rooms were, of course, basic but satisfactory. Dull, old, and chipped paint made it hard to appreciate the cleanliness, but it was clean, just worn. The bed was comfortable with crisp, white linens. Lighting was dim. A fan was supplied and the window opened. I had a bathroom (my colleague did not, just a basin) which was very small but there was ample hot water and it served the purpose. No bath mat, though! Of course there was no TV and the phone service just went to a switchboard which only kept business hours. The reception office was manned 24/7 by an ever-changing raft of young student-types who, while friendly and obliging, weren't always that efficient. Having paid 5 GBP for my wireless (total price for a 5-night stay, no complaint there), i was unable to connect. Eventually, I had to purchase a 4 GBP cable which then worked. In the meantime, I accessed one of two public computers downstairs in the lobby area. The elevators and way-finding were also a bit challenging and I met and commiserated with many confused travelers in the hallway. Best thing of all: the superb breakfast, included in the price, featuring generous helpings of full English as well as continental and fancy coffee. Although served in the Common Room in another building, it was great! I paid 62 GBP per night at Beit Hall, which was much cheaper than another friend's rate in a nearby B&B, without breakfast. (So that would be just "B"??) Beit Hall is perfect for the budget traveler who can forgo the extra luxury of a hotel stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DLCAlberta
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Student hall accommodation at hotel price. The place is well located, it is clean and the staff is very nice and helpful, but the accommodation is too basic for the price (one example: in my room there was a lamp on the bedside table and nowhere to plug it in). I stayed at Beit Hall and had to go to a different building across the street for breakfast (breakfast of student hall quality). Might stay there again if nothing else was available, but definitely not my first choice.

Room Tip: Rooms giving on to the quadrangle tend to be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The rooms are simply furnished but clean and comfortable -- what more do you need in London, where you want to be out and about, not hunkered down in a hotel room? It's a short walk from the South Kensington tube station, which is on 3 different lines so you can get almost anywhere easily. They will hold luggage for you if you arrive before the 2 PM check-in. Breakfast is in the Senior Commons room of their Student Union. Be sure to get in the line for individual guests, not in the long line of school groups.

Room Tip: Book on-line
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BethB55
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I stayed at Beit Hall for the period July 7, 2011 through July 11, 2011.
I found the accommodations very pleasant. I normally stay at a particular 4 star hotel when I visit London,
but found my favorite hotel was completely booked for the period. I checked on the Internet and Imperial College was an interesting option.

I have to say that the location of the residence is very convenient. I did not use the bus, but I really thought that having the # 360 stop right in front of the residence was great. I read that the South Kensington Underground station was the closest but I found that the Gloucester Rd station was more convenient.

The room rate was very reasonable. I stayed in a single en suite room and found the room though small, it was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. I need to say that the towels provided were the softest towels I have found at any 4 star hotel.

I found that the offer of 5 GBP for the entire stay for Internet use was a terrific deal. Although WIFI did not have a strong enough signal to reach my room on the 3rd floor, the use of the PC's in the reception was an acceptable alternative.

Breakfast in the Sherfield Building was not an issue for me unlike some of the reviews I have read . The food was hot and the coffee good. The short walk was no problem.

I would definitely stay at the college in the future without hesitation.

Paul Skokandich

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PJS8055
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My partner and i stayed here in August 2009. I love love loved staying here. It is in zone 1 so you cant get any better than that. Transport is great and our room was massive and very clean. Our room was modern and had a huge ensuite bathroom with a shower in the bath. All linen was provided and there were also very very cheap laundry facilities in the building. I recommend you save doing your washing until you get here. Breakfast was included and was a bit of a walk away but well worth it. If i came back to London in the summer months, i would definitely stay here again. The price and location were fantastic. We checked in at some godly time in the early hours of the morning, because of flights, which was bonus being able to do that. Ps. No TV, mini bar/fridge etc

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rainbowgirltravels
Reviewed 11 July 2011

It was as expected, halls of residence, on a very large campus site. Unbeatable value for money in this superb location. efficient check in, everything clean but worn down. ---but --- have to balance this with no en suite and worst of all doors that continually banged shut throughout the night in the adjacent rooms along the corridor and main bathroom opposite. I met a fellow guest who had also worn earplugs but slept little ("clack clack bang") .mass catering breakfast very efficient.No tv, basic bolt hole, but would never stay again due to disrupted sleep.

Room Tip: take ear plugs
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business