“A little bling goes a long way.. Great!”

Crowne Plaza London The City
Ranked #168 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Nice big hotel, swish reception, big airy, bright, great area.. Great restaurants within, very clean, toiletries lovely, esp the sleep kit you get in your room from The Works range.

Hop and a skip from tube, thoroughly enjoyed the stay..

Just be quick with the lift, gives very little time to get in, else it will close and be gone....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pdd_8

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I recently stayed at a "2 Double Beds Deluxe Room". Even when at first I felt a bit dissapointed, as its description at their website made me think in larger areas, this corner room was very well-appointed, nicely decorated and felt cozy. The beds were ultra comfortable; a fresh fruit dish and an array of chocolates -sent by management- a nice and appreciated gesture. It's a mere hundred meters from Blackfriars Tube Station (and another hundred from London Blackfriars Railway Station, handy if flying through Gatwick), so it's basically close to everywhere.
I didn't go for their breakfast, as I found it pricey and there are plenty of choices around (Costa, Nero, Starbucks); there's also a Tesco Express just around the corner.
All in all, a rewarding experience; if the price is right, this will definitely be my choice in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JeyCe
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We arrived at about 9 AM straight from Gatwick after a trans Atlantic flight. The hotel let us check in right away at no extra cost. What a great way for a tired traveller to start a week in England. The room was was comfy, attractive and very quiet. We had booked a higher priced room so a breakfast buffet was included which was served right down the hall on the sixth floor Also complementary beer and wine were offered there in the evening. The staff was friendly and the location of the hotel is very good--just a block from the Thames across from Blackfriers stattion.

Room Tip: Get a room on the concierge level for free breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed here for four nights in April 2012. I'd ready other entries about how comfortable the beds are....it's all true! The most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. Loved the addition of the aromatherapy sleeping aid.
Location was perfect for me. Right in the heart of the "city". It took me three minutes to walk to work. Close to underground station...Blackfriars. Walking distance to St Pauls, Millenium Bridge, Fleet Street, Hatton Garden jewellery quarter, London Silver Vaults, Old Bailey. I visited all of the above on foot in the rain in the three hours free time I had.

I dined in the Lobby cafe, room service and breakfast buffet. All good. Best and cheapest breakfast was in the lobby, porridge, toast and tea for about three pounds.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed for 1 night going out for a Consert at Ronnie Scotts. The Service was incredible and great value for money. I pre-paid for an Double bed Deluxe Room. The Bed was quite small but the room was nice and with all the amenities i needed. Paid about 80 £ pr. person which included a Priority Club membership( i didnt even realise that) This ment we could have a late checkout at no cost. And they even managed to check us in at 11 pm 4 hours before the normal check inn. When we checked out wee were given Free NEwspaper to read on our way to heathrow and the Consierge carried all our luggage to the cab. All we needed to do was sit back relax and let they take care of eeverything. Its the best stay i've ever had for that price :-) We'll definetly be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2012

1) Around a week before arrival I asked the hotel twice by email for a twin-bed room instead of a double. I never got an answer and I was given a kingsize bedroom. Until next morning I was not sure that I could change room
2) A friend tried to contact me four times during my stay and asked to leave a message in my room. These messages were never received
3) The same friend was put on hold and waited at least 5 minutes. Thereafter the line was interrupted
4) On a quiet Saturday evening I requested the concierge to make a print of our plane boardingcards which I had on a USB-stick. He asked me to wait 2 minutes since he had to explain the way to a customer. Meanwhile another customer came to buy tickets for the theatre (and who was immediately helped!). When I looked surprised to him he asked me again to wait (this time 5 minutes!). This time I was helped by a friendly receptioniste

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London The City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Harry K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience with our hotel staff on your recent stay. I just want to assure you that our Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day.

I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Ideally situated near the river, St Pauls and Fleet St with many eateries nearby. Breakfast at the hotel (even with an in house pre booking deal) was 3 times the going rate. They have the strangest annoying mini bar which billed me anytime I moved anything in the tiny fridge so check you are not unnecessarily billed ( like me 4 times). Staff only left 2 coffee sachets in the room each day which appeared very miserly for such a costly stay; I had to beg for more. All that aside it is a nice clean place with friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2012