“Weekend breaks”

Crowne Plaza London The City
Ranked #180 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Spent an excellent weekend at this hotel.Food to die for,location close to St Puals cathedral and tube station, (Blackfriars) Upgrade to a club room,beds comfy plenty of space to move about.Breakfast well worh the money.You must dine at the Italian restaurant.Staff very pro active.Youare made to feel very special.

Room Tip: Club room special floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Marli S, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London The City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear LFCRuncon,
Thank you very much for sharing with Trip Advisor readers the details of your visit to Crowne Plaza London - The City.

We are looking forward to welcome you back sometime soon.

Senior Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,574)

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at the weekend after returning from NY. Couldn't have been any better.
Tube stop opposite. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel really special.
The management team were really great and the club room was a welcomed addition. Restaurant was excellent too.
One of the best nights sleep we've had in ages.
We will definitely be booking here again.
Would recommend to everyone. Superb location, staff and accommodation.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Joynesie,
Thank you for rating Crowne Plaza London - The City with five stars!

I am delighted to read that your stay with us was the most enjoyable.

On behalf of the team and myself, I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Loved the comfy beds, big towels, excellent shower pressure. Best of all was the convenience to the Blackfriars Tube. Its always nice to have bottled water waiting for you! We will book again on our next trip to London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Cheryl R,
Thank you for taking the time to rate Crowne Plaza London - The City with four stars regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you pointed out our fabulous location, comfort of our beds, and the extras offered in the room.

Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service and I am glad you had an enjoyable experience with us.

Looking forward to seeing you back.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Room used for a day whilst other half on business, so many of facilities not used. Room/bed comfortable and what is to be expected from a chain hotel. Annoying to have so many interruptions from service teams during the day when needing to rest. Bathroom small, but adequate. Could have done with a deep clean in the corners though! I would not book a longer stay though based on the extremely slow reception team both on arrival and checking out. Not enough staff and very slow and clearly they couldn't read the body language of the frustrated people queuing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NeedaholidayUk
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London The City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear NeedaholidayUk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is good to know you appreciate our room and beds. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the negative impression you had with the quality of the service you received from our hotel staff. We will certainly discuss your comments with our staff. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is a great hotel base for a few days in London! If you are an IHG club member looking for the best IHG hotel in London for a visit, I would say this is the one. Really nice rooms, very good service and location is spot on whichever direction you need to head - you will be pretty central. Blackfriars tube station across the street and plenty of cabs around. I have used this hotel for work and pleasure several times now and never had bad experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BLUjaguar,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your time.
I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Loved being so close to a Tube Station (Blackfriars) and it was also within walking distance to the London Eye. Beautiful hotel; nice room, beds, and bathroom. Enjoyed the complimentary bottled water, cookies, and hot chocolate packages that came in each room. Would definitely love to stay here again the next time we visit London. Lots of nice "little touches" that you see in higher-end hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear TiffC99,
Thank you for rating Crowne Plaza London - The City with five stars!

I am delighted to have read you commented on our fabulous location, and our helpful staff!

On behalf of the team and myself, we are looking forward to greeting you soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have reviewed this hotel a couple of times, it's a great hotel. In fact, I have stayed here on more than one occasion since my last review and have never bothered to re- review it, as I would only be repeating myself. Albeit, on my previous visit I had a slight problem, (a faulty shower screen) which was no big deal, and when I reported the problem, the hotel did everything (including offering to change my room) to put it right. As I said it was no big deal, I stayed put, and for a few days, I had a little water on the floor, which believe me, did not detract from the all round excellence of this hotel.

I'm back, and as I check in, a young lady appears from nowhere, introduces herself as the guest relations manager, and apologises for the problem I had on my previous visit, which, on my departure was rectified. I'm thanked for choosing to return here, and assured that if there are any problems, she will take care of them. Her business card is placed in my hand, she smiles, I check in two hours early, (as on previous visits, otherwise the hotel store your bags till check in) I am upgraded (as always at this hotel) because of my Priority Club Membership, and within minutes, I'm in my room.

I would like to thank the Hotel, more so, Marli Sadzinki for their attention to detail, and customer service, I was thrown a little, but in a nice way!

As for the Hotel, beautiful rooms, spotlessly clean, hearty breakfasts, great location, but most of all, friendly and (very) professional staff!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Funlovinfella

Dear Funlovinfella,
I am delighted to have read your lovely comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

Our main focus is to provide exceptional customer service and go the "extra mile" in order to make our valuable guests experience,a memorable one!

Hopefully, I will have the opportunity to extend a warm welcome back to you personally on your next stay with us.

Please contact me if I may assist you with anything else at all.