“A very nice stay!”
Review of The Belgrave

The Belgrave
Ranked #183 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed at The Belgrave for one night on a business trip to London in July 2013. I chose it based on the reviews and location and it was better than I expected. The room was a little small but very well decorated, and it was very new, modern, and clean. They had free working Wi-Fi in the rooms, and a big LCD TV screen.
I would recommend it to anyone staying in London for a few nights. And it’s next to Victoria Station with a reasonable price!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mick F
There are newer reviews for The Belgrave

996 - 1,002 of 1,392 reviews

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We really only used the room as somewhere to shower and sleep but we were very happy with the service we received. The hotels location is great, the decor is very nice and the staff were friendly. We weren't ready to check out at 11 as we slept in, we simply rang reception and they allowed us to stay an extra hour free of charge. The only issue was the lack of plug sockets in the room, there was only one! Would definitely stay here again when we next visit London :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I already wrote a review, but it seems it disappeared. so here we go again... in synopsis:

not going to lie, for the money, the Belgrave kind of sucked. you are paying for a big screen tv in your room, a good area of london, and an in hotel bar.

most of the staff are rude. except for Gil. he's a really cool guy, and a hard worker.

their wifi didn't work practically the entire time we were there, but only on our floor (so we were told by a rude employee)
the maids basically run down the halls and slam the doors (not exaggerating at all) the entire midmorning to afternoon.

it was also extremely hot in the room. the a/c was busted... which normally I don't have a problem with.... yet the windows only open about three inches. that doesn't really allow much air circulation.

they also were renovating the hotel while we stayed there... which meant that all hours there was hammering on our walls. during the mornings it was the worst. suckfest.

I like the area of London that this hotel is in... but there are several others you should look at that will be better suited to your desires. unless you want to pay out the bum for shoddy service and a hot room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DasWeisseLicht
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Me and my boyfriend recently spent the night in this hotel while visiting in London for 2 days, room is cute and wonderful shower!!! Only downside was no air conditioning in room so we couldn't get too sleep very well since we have such a large heat wave at the moment, I would recommend hotel aslong as you don't go during hot weather.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We've stayed here for 2 nights in July and found The Belgrave to be very comfortable. The location is perfect, a short walk from Victoria Station and bus stops, and therefore perfect for travelling everywhere in London you want. The rooms are a tad small, but are equipped with everything you could wish for and extremely clean. A perfect hotel for a city trip to London.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have a business role where I am staying in hotels for probably one third of each year.
I have found of late that hotels are developed into an impersonal experience and you are more of a number.
Not at The Belgrave! I stayed off and on for two weeks and found from booking in to leaving an intimate experience with the most affable and helpful staff.
Small but tastefully designed rooms, great location, close to all transport and plenty of restaurants.......perfect for business. Nothing was too much for the most well trained and professional group I have encountered for along time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Ive had a bad back for 4 years so normally a stay at a hotel in painful, but not this time! Oh no the beds were so comfortable, I didn't get a single ache and I want to know what they are so I can get one at home! The hotel is in a great location between two stations but could do with better signage. The a4 sheet in the window is easily missed! The hotel is beautifully decorated and reception were very attentive, even In the early hours. Rooms are small but that's what we expected in London.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends