“Tiny bathroom & poor staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Belgrave

The Belgrave
Ranked #201 of 1,087 Hotels in London
“Tiny bathroom & poor staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed here on business and could not fault the location, cleanliness or comfort of the bed. However my room was small, which was fine but the bathroom was tiny, the sink was recessed in so I couldnt wash my face without getting my feet wet, there was nowhere even to put my sponge bag and when sitting on the toilet it was so cramped that I couldnt get any toilet paper without knocking it on the ground! On arrival I requested an iron and ironing board which the polite receptionist assured me would be sent straight up. Nearly 15 minutes later it arrived, the iron was poor and left marks on my shirt and when I asked the chambermaid if I should just leave outside my door she requested I take it to reception! I was on the 2nd floor! Needless to say when I left the room I did not return the board as my hands were full but I did tell the receptionist that it was outside my room. When I returned from my evening out it was still there and when I left in the morning it was still there possibly constituting a fire hazard. At no point did anyone offer me breakfast but to be honest nearl £15 for breakfast is a joke even in London. Perhaps if I was staying as a leisure trip with my wife we would have had a larger room and more attention from staff but as a business traveller I must say I would not stay here again despite a good quiet nights sleep.

Room Tip: my room at the back of the hotel was very quiet and no noise at all from other rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JonPearson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Lovely hotel, nice quiet area and right next to Pimlico tube station, reception area very pretty - pleasant staff, extremely clean and lovely decor. Will book again next time we are in London. Good nights sleep due to the black out curtains!

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed for two nights in October. The room is a good size however I thought that they room would be a lot bigger having paid for an executive room. We didn't spend much time in room as we were out sight seeing however when trying to get ready it felt very small.
The staff were very attentive and when we asked for a iron and ironing board they arrived with in seconds.

The staff were very friendly and kept our luggage in the back after we checked out until we were ready for our train home.

Its location is great. literally around the corner from Pimlico tube.

Room Tip: If your two people and don't want to be cramped get the next room up from executive :)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Lovely hotel in a great location, within walking distance of Buckingham Palace,Trafalgar Square and about a 6min walk from Victoria Station. The hotel is beautifully decorated with the highest quality furnishings, the En suite was simply gorgeous and my husband raved about the shower, the entire hotel was exquisite. There was coffee and tea making facilities in the room which suited my mum and dad who enjoy their cup of tea before bed and as soon as they wake up! The staff were kind,helpful and friendly. My only problem was that in an effort to minimise costs for my parents we chose 2 small double rooms. The rooms came equipped with a four foot double bed, which was fine for my elderly, small, parents but was much too small for my 6'2" husband and my own rather rounded physique!! All and all that was my fault and not the hotel's as I got what I requested and paid for. Mind you I do have to agree with a previous reviewer who said there was very little storage space. However, we managed because we were only staying four days and had not brought too many clothes. I would definitely return to this hotel only next time I would pay the extra for a larger room, in the mean time I have no hesitation in recommending this very tastefully decorated, welcoming hotel.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The location of the hotel was very good for me. Very near Pimlico station (about a 4 minute walk) but also near Victoria station.
The design of the rooms is very nice! It is not easy to find a room this good looking in London on a good location for this amount of money. The only comment i have about the room is that it is quite small. For me a small room in a city like London isnt a problem, but it is something you should be aware of.
The staff is very friendly and helpfull!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

First of all, the nice parts:

- The location is great. Belgrave road is full of hotels in a pretty safe part of town. The hotel is right in the middle of the distance between Victoria Station and Pimlico, so there's two options to choose from. Warwick and Wilton Rd are close and they have a lot of nice places where you can eat and have a drink.

- The hotel stands out on the inside, much nicer than the rest around it. Nice lobby, friendly staff.

- Clean rooms, small, but you get around your luggage, no big deal. And a standard bathroom which is great.

However, the bad parts!

- NO CLOSET WHATSOEVER! This is why I say not a winter choice. We had good weather in november, we didn't bring many winter clothes, we managed. However, if you have a large luggage and plan on staying for a week, this might not be the choice for you.

- POOR WIFI. Oh boy, do I mean poor. It's useless, don't even bother. It might as well not be there at all.

1 Thank MihaiBrasoveanu
Sussex, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for a night at the end of our trip to England. It was a quick visit to London and The Belgrave was a perfect place to stay. Not only because of its friendly staff and clean, up to date bedrooms, but also because it is situated so well. Within walking distance of Buckingham Palace and the gorgeous St James's Park, Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden, and right up the road from Victoria station too.

We stayed in a ground floor room which was spacious and brand new. The shower was the best shower I have ever experienced. I wish we had stayed longer if only to take three of them a day. Total luxury!