Oh dear, even by UK/European standards these rooms are SMALL. Given I had booked a stay of 10 nights and that with only room for just one person to walk around the bed at any given time, I was desperate to only just sleep there and that's it! Talking of which the king sized bed I found to be soft and pillowy but not good for a person with a bad back - me!
The good points....
- 7 minute walk to a tube station
- the #24 bus runs outside the hotel and will take you to Hampstead Heath and Picadilly Circus area
- two major supermarkets (Tesco and Sainsburys) are within 10 minutes walk plus a great convenience store is in the next street (called Eurofoods) and stocks a good selection of food and alcohol
- the breakfast was basic. That's all. Not many choices but adequate.....I would suggest going to a wonderful cafe called Pimlico Fresh (see separate review) which is only 10 minutes walk
- the reception staff are helpful and friendly but no one offers to help you with your bag (some rooms have stair access and there are several fire doors to negotiate on each level)
- decor is fresh and modern and the hotel is super clean with great lobby seating and a bar where you can get a drink or a coffee 24/7
- the bathrooms are lovely - not much storage room for toiletries - plus no robe or slippers
- well the room sizes are really too small for a couple to enjoy let alone unpack in
- the closet space is ridiculous with only 6 hangers (those nasty fitted ones that are a pain) plus the clothes have to hang behind each other so you cannot see anything in there!
- and the very worst thing of all.....the floors are laminate, not carpet, so cold underfoot and every noise from the room above can be clearly heard! Consider yourself warned! I had a few sleepless nights thanks to the folks upstairs.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Belgrave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn London Westminster Hotel London
- London Days Inn