“Great Service and nice rooms”
Review of The Belgrave

The Belgrave
Ranked #180 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived at the Belgrave for a family celebration.

There was a mistake with the booking which was handled efficiently by the reception desk staff and landed us in a Junior Suit minimising the stress for everyone on a stressful day. Thank you!

We had quite a few different rooms and all of them were clean, nicely furnished and comfortable.

The location is great as well, only a few minutes walking distance from Victoria.

The staff were exceptionally helpful even at 4 am (a nappy related incident)

We loved it, we'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelbug225

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed for 6 nights. The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean, a close walk to Victoria station and in a very safe area. We stayed in a street facing room and the traffic noise was minor.

The wireless left a lot to be desired as we had to constantly log out and in to access the internet but it was certainly better than nothing at all and it was free.

The only real critique is that the cleaning staff is very loud and if you are out late, expect to be awoken by them. In addition, the floors/ceilings have no soundproofing and we had a herd of elephants staying above us for a few nights.

Otherwise we loved this hotel and will stay again.

Room Tip: Pick the top floor if you are at all sensitive to noise. Unfortunately it wasn't available for u...
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I chose this hotel for an over-night, room-only stay, for a weekend in early August.
I was very pleased with my stay at the hotel.
I arrived early for my check in on the Saturday morning so the hotel were happy to store my luggage. The customer service was friendly and well organised.

The reception is exceptionally clean and tidy. It is comfortable with occasional chairs and sofas and has a modern fresh feel.
I did use the communal toilet at Reception which was very clean, modern and fresh smelling.

After 2pm I checked in to the room and was pleased with my first impression.
I had a room on the second floor. Although the room was small which is quite common for London hotel's, it was very clean, modern and comfortable.

I had booked an Exec room for a birthday treat so was pleased with the overall choice.

The bathroom had a double shower, quality free toiletries, was spacious and modern.

The hotel provided free Wi-Fi in all areas for guests which I was impressed with.

The bed was extremely comfortable with quality bedding. Tea and coffee making facilites were available and although no iron in the actual room, I did have one brought to my room upon a telephone call from housekeeping.

The bedroom also had hanging space and 2 full length mirrors. The lighting was sufficient and air conditioning a useful tool to have available. A docking station/DAB was also provided next to the bed.

I didn't hear any traffic noise nor did I hear other guests during my stay.

There is a lift available to take bags to your bedroom.

We had 1 drink in the bar prior to going out on the Saturday evening which wasn't over priced.

The Pimlico tube is about 5-10 mins up the road from the hotel which is fantastic for getting around London. There is somewhere for breakfast at the end of the road and various pubs/shops locally.

On the Sunday morning we decided to explore the local area and find somewhere for breakfast.
I asked the receptionist who seemed knowledgeable on the local area and even leant us 2 umbrella's to walk about in the pouring rain with. I was very grateful and impressed by this touch.

When I checked out and didn't have a train to catch until early evening the hotel once again looked after my bags. This was brilliant for us esp when more central hotels do not offer this service.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. I am a fussy traveller and cabin crew so have stayed in some very nice hotels. The service, room and location suited and met all expectations.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean. Room on the small side, but had everything there that we needed. Never got the opportunity to eat here as we used this hotel just as a base. Location is great. Would recommend.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary weekend and I chose The Belgrave because of the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. On arrival at the hotel we were impressed by the foyer and had high hopes which were dashed when we were shown to our room or 'half a room'. It was tiny - the reviews which say about Harry Potter rooms were right!

My husband is 6' 2" so we called down to reception to see if a bigger room was available to be told rudely that all the room sizes are the same (not true) and that the room size was usual for London (also not true). We have stayed in many hotels in London and have never had such a small room before, it was laughable.

The bathroom was ridiculous you couldn't even get to the sink to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth. I couldn't use the hairdryer properly as the wire didn't stretch from the wall socket to the only mirror. There is no wardrobe only limited hanging space and no mini bar.

To make matters worse we were the only people at breakfast on Sunday morning, there were no waiting staff we had to find someone to take our order and my eggs benedict were dreadful - hard boiled eggs instead on poached - just nasty and not good enough for a 4* hotel.

Location wise although near to the tube it is a long walk into Westminister. I will pay more for a hotel in a better location in future and save money on taxis!

Thankfully the weather was fab so we didn't spend much time at the hotel. I am well travelled and write lots of reviews on TA, I think I am generally level headed about what to expect when I book somewhere. I do my research and I'm not often disappointed. Being a PA I need to be able to trust my judgement when booking places to stay, I guess I will just have to put this one down to experience. Shame our anniversary was spoilt though!

Room Tip: Try not to get a Harry Potter room - they are minute!!
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We chose The Belgrave for a two nights stay at the beginning of August. We are very pleased with our stay at this hotel. This hotel lived up to it's reputation. The location is excellent with many things within walking distance. The staff were friendly, welcoming and very helpful. Our room was a bit small with comfortable beds and great bathroom. Very good continental breakfast! Free Wifi, a small refrigerator, a smart TV. Would definitely stay again.

2  Thank Valerie W
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spent just one night here while visiting London to see Billy Elliott at Victoria Palace Theatre, we booked standard double which was really nice, clean and modern. Lovely welcome and free Wi-Fi. Only downside was bathroom quite tiny.
Also nice tip ...... had a meal at The Albert pub, very nice, staff lovely and helpful, nice meal, well worth taking a look.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of hotel, lovely and peaceful.
1  Thank julie r