“Very elegant, would come back”

Baglioni Hotel London
Ranked #44 of 1,069 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Very elegant, would come back”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed at the Baglioni recently and the stay could not have been better. The staff was amazing from when I walked in. The food was exquisite. They had the fanciest foods such as lobster to a regular lunch like a hamburger. I stayed in a suite and it was very big and worth the price. The concierge Phil was very helpful. He had many good calls when it came to tourist sites and a lot of good stories. I had an amazing sleep and the rooms were as clean as possible. The mix of Italy and England was incredible and I could not have asked for a better experience. The location is amazing but calm. I would definitely come back. It is family-friendly and good for couples and for business. 10 out of 10.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ethan z
Baglionihotel, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your most recent visit at the Baglioni Hotel and how highly you appreciated the food, the room but also the advice from our concierge Phil.I will share your kind feedback with the team here and I am sure they will be delighted with your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Baglioni Hotel again very soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just spent 4 days pre Christmas at the Baglioni...WOW...this place is beautiful...Room was fantastic, very clean, and cozy. Top notch service, upgraded to a suite with out asking. This is now my favorite hotel in London. The location is amazing and the Kensington area is great for shopping, dining , and walking. Thanks to the whole team that made our staying so incredibe...cant wait to go back next Christmas...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit over the Christmas period at the Baglioni Hotel London. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our hotel and also the Kensington area. I will share your comments with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Baglioni Hotel London
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2014

A true boutique hotel in the great tradition of well designed and staffed Italian hotels. Located on High Street Kensington right across Hyde Park, The Baglioni offers that rate combination of unpretentious elegance with a traditional feel. The "flavor" is Italian, but then again, the Italians do British style better than the Brits themselves.

If this hotel is in your budget, do not hesitate to pick over the likes of the Berkeley, Connaught, Claridges, Mandarin or Lanesborough.

Room Tip: Every room is bound to be excellent.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your posting, we are truly glad to read about your satisfaction.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back at the Baglioni Hotel London soon.

Warmest regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I love to travel and have always stayed at the Baglioni Hotel in Venice.
After an invitation we stayed at the Baglioni Hotel in London and found an exceptional Hotel which was just pure bliss and a planet above the St Pancras where we had traditionally stayed on our 6 monthly trips to London
This place was just like heaven with incredible staff, exceptional dining experiences, most restful bed that we have experienced in any hotel away from our own home and the swiftest checkin at
The professionalism of the staff, incredible happiness which was always on show and pleasant and go above and beyond type attitude was a most wonderful attribute of this Hotel.

The bathroom was simply stunning and the welcome chocolates and wine for our first visit was simply unexpected. In comparison with the St Pancras where we have stayed on three occasions there is no recognition and the Baglioni experience must be undertaken by visitors to London as it is truly first class.

Every member of staff within this Hotel from the front desk through to the GM Luca Virgilio are the most incredible and people focussed team and are a true 5

I would highly recommend the Baglioni Hotel experience to any traveller who is looking for a wonderful and most incredible London experience

Well done guys well done

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 373RESQ
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to The Baglioni Hotel. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience. I will share your comments with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back at The Baglioni Hotel in the not too distant future.

London
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We were supposed to be in Monte Carlo for my wife's birthday but, due to a let down of epic proportions by Secret Escapes (who I can never recommend and will never attempt to use again), we were left with no holiday (there WILL be a separate forum commentary on Secret Escapes, although the ultimate agent (Kirker) could not have been more apologetic and we would have no qualms looking at them again). Decided to stay here instead, since we'd always wanted to stay in a Baglioni hotel (despite living in London, didn't realise there was one on our doorstep). This lived up to every one of our expectations.

After our confirmation (we found the hotel offered the best rate), I immediately received reservation confirmation emails and also confirmations of the special requests (flowers in the room and wine). The concierge, Phil, was brilliant. He made sure everything was exactly as requested. His professionalism and pleasant demeanour made our disappointment of not going to Monte Carlo much easier to swallow.

On arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite with a view of Hyde Park. The suite (with fireplace) was wonderful. Insanely comfortable king size bed, sofa, flat screen TV, desk and fully stocked mini bar. The bathroom was very nicely arranged with high quality bathroom supplies. The pre-ordered flowers were simply stunning and the wine was chilling on the table. The glorious four poster winked invitingly as we lit our cigarettes (yes, delightfully, a smoking friendly hotel) and sipped our wine, as we took in our surroundings and my wife realised that I am the best husband in the world.

We went out for the evening (the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park is recommended and not just for children) and on return a surprise birthday cake was in the room, fireplace lit and a new bottle of wine ready. The room is perfectly lit for a romantic evening and very relaxing.

Everyone in the hotel bent over backwards for us to make our stay an amazing one. It was more than we expected and made us strangely glad that we'd been let down by Secret Escapes.

Checkout was very efficient and we went to the bar to relax over a couple of drinks served by Alessio who was very pleasant. The maître d', also named Alessio, made us a complimentary cocktail called "Sancious" which was delicious and his own invention - try it.

Other points to note - nice heated terrace outside bar for smokers (proper heaters), top breakfast, friendliness and smiles all round. Convenient for transport (bus stops directly outside, shedloads of cabs, close to tubes and 10 min bus from Victoria).

We'd highly recommend the Baglioni and, whilst it's fairly toppy for the room, it's worth every penny (especially with our wonderful upgrade). The old adage remains: you get what you pay for (and sometimes more when people are wonderful!) and, on the basis of London, we'd continue to try to stay at Baglioni hotels elsewhere and will definitely be coming back to Baglioni London.

Thank you again for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 204. Excellent views, comfortable everything and very luxurious. Speak to the hote...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bloozydude
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you ever so much for this amazing posting. It’s wonderful reading about your satisfaction.
We are truly happy to learn you had such a great experience with our staff.
It is rewarding to know our team has fulfilled your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you soon. With best regards, Luca
Manchester, England
Reviewed 8 December 2013

One of our favourite hotels is the Baglioni in Venice and so when my wife and I had tickets for the Royal Albert Hall, the Baglioni London was the obvious choice.
In terms of location for a Royal Albert Hall visit, there isn't a better choice.
The relatively dark decor in this Baglioni is in stark contrast to bright marble adopted in their Venice hotel, but tastefully done nonetheless. The welcome and attentiveness of staff is also what we've come to expert from this brand - top notch. Most staff are Italian, totally charming, very helpful and were happy to indulge us in practising our basic language skills.
We opted for the pre-theatre dining choice in the evening. The quality of the dining experience was very good indeed and we were very well looked after by Diego and his team. There was also a nice buzz in the bar following the show and a very good cocktail menu. Breakfast was also excellent.
The most surprising aspect, however, is the price - for a hotel of this standard and in this location the relatively low cost of an overnight stay offers superb value for money.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay again and it has encouraged us to want to sample Baglioni hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeHibb666
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest, grazie mille for your nice posting.
I am very glad you had such a great experience with us.
Learning you enjoyed your dinner at Brunello Restaurant too is a real pleasure, and our Restaurant Manager Diego and his team will be very happy to read your comment.
I hope to see you soon. With kindest regards, Luca Virgilio
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

It feels a bit churlish to say this - but - with a lovely ambience in the public areas, and with such warm welcome from most of the staff I was a tad disappointed in the room I was allocated. It was very dark, and as I needed to do some paper work, the lighting just wasn't good enough - even by the small desk area. Although there were French windows opening out onto a small inner courtyard, there wasn't much daylight. Maybe it felt worse as it was nice, bright weather outside. Maybe if I'd been stain here on a dark Winter's evening it would have just felt cosy and enveloping. Not entirely convinced about that!

Anyway - everything else was as it should be in a boutique hotel. Warm welcome in reception and from the concierge. Attentive, friendly service in the restaurant and particularly the bar where staff recognised that I was on my own and were quite happy to chat for a few minutes. Although primarily a business trip I had booked tickets for a concert in the Royal Albert Hall, and had time to visit the museums - and so the location was really convenient for those activities.

Room Tip: I'm sure there are much nicer rooms available - but not sure I could afford the price tag!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for your posting.
We are truly sorry to learn you had issues with the room lighting.
I hope will have the pleasure of seeing you again and we will make sure to allocate a room closer to your tastes.
Thank you for sharing your experience and look forward to seeing you soon. With warmest regards, Luca Virgilio