“Exceptional Staff But Empty!”

Baglioni Hotel London
Ranked #38 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Exceptional Staff But Empty!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I got a good price for a Deluxe Junior Suite. It was a pretty good size for a London room, though it was less "deluxe" and more "junior": big enough to swing a cat in, but not big enough for four to sit and play parlour games like charades or Twister. You get the idea...

The hotel is pleasant and luxurious in all respects and is very handy for the Serpentine Gallery as well as Kensington High Street with all its shops. But where the hotel really excells is in the quality of service given by its staff. Bar staff in particular were wonderfully kind and considerate. My impression is that the hotel places great emphasis on staff training (I even overheard some discuss the topic).

What I do not understand is why the bar and restaurant were so devoid of patrons! May be it was because it was the holidays. In any case, the quietness at the bar was the only thing I didn't like about it. I would also have preferred a sofa rather than two chairs in my suite, but I didn't express this preference to the staff.

A nice final touch was that I was driven to Paddington Station in the hotel's sporty limo kind of car.

Next time I'm gonna ask for a sofa.

Room Tip: If you have booked a suite, ask for one with a sofa - the room should then be a bit bigger.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Francesco_Sardelli, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Baglioni Hotel London, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
Our staffs undergo a continuous training process and we are delighted that this was noticed during your stay with us.

Regarding the Deluxe Junior suites we have a wide range of size and we are also able to provide the option of sofas and armchairs, on your next visit to us please ask the front desk and they will happy to find the one that will fulfil your request.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Baglioni Hotel London in the very near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hebrew first
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed in this very lovely hotel for the weekend and absolutely loved it! It is conveniently located in Kensington, next to Hyde Park and all transportation, while being saved from the hustle and bustle so one can have a calm and relaxing night. The hotel is decorated with italian class and elegance, and the rooms are very well furnished, with lovely amenities such as a traditional espresso machine and the convenience of having 2 TVs. Everyone was super friendly and they even spoilt me with champagne and chocolates! Grazie mille!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Francesco_Sardelli, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having shared your recent experience at the Baglioni Hotel London on Tripadvisro, we are happy that you have had an enjoyed stay and that you also appreciated the location, our Italian décor and rooms .
I will pass you lovely comments to the team who I am sure will be delighted and encourage by your compliments.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Baglioni Hotel London in the very near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here, along with my parents, for two nights, so as to see a bit of London before joining a cruise around the British Isles. The hotel is stunning, and the rooms are quite elegant. We were each upgraded to lovely suites, and were allowed early check ins, which was most appreciated as we arrived on overnight flights that arrived very early in the morning. The concierge was very helpful in pointing us to places of interest. We ate breakfast and dinner in the main restaurant and were pleased with the quality of the food and service. Overall, a very upscale experience. I would stay here again, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fastfilly
Francesco_Sardelli, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent stay at Baglioni Hotel London. We are delighted that you enjoyed your upgrade to the suite and the team was able to provide you both with and early check in. I am very please also to read about your positive experience in our Brunello Bar and Restaurant.

I will share your comments with our team, who would be delighted and encouraged by your remarks.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Baglioni Hotel London in the near future.

West Islip, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

After a horrible experience with a flat rental gone bad the Baglioni took us in the same day and went out of their way to make us feel welcome in London and the hotel. Their concierge Phil was the highlight of our stay. He not only does his job, He likes it. He made sure that what we needed or venues we wanted to visit where setup and was able to pull of some very last minute reservations for a party of 9. Bravo to Phil and all the staff at the Baglioni.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Baglioni Hotel London. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience with us.

I will share your compliments with our team and in particular with Phil, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

London
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked a quick trip to London for the weekend as we wanted to get away and have some rest and explore Kensington area more. We chose baglioni hotel as it is an italian restaurant located in Kensington, close to Hyde park and based on the reviews.

As soon as we arrived we found the environment to be extremely nice and the whole staff which was mostly italian was extremely nice and friendly to us! We stayed in the deluxe suite and the room was stunning!!! It was so clean and the furniture and interior design was very italian and gorgeous! The bed was extremely comfortable and the bed linen was really high quality!
We went to the restaurants for two nights in a row where we had an amazing time as the waitress were extremely friendly and attentive to our needs! Special thanks to Marco and Claudio, the chef who were serving us and gave us excellent customer service and free deserts made especially by Claudio! The restaurant was very luxurious and very posh! The food was very delicious and very good quality! We are very happy to come back to the same hotel in the future!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Marielaspasova90
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Baglioni Hotel London. I am delighted to read how much both of you you enjoyed , the suite, ocationthe, decor, the service and your experience in our Brunello Restaurant

I will share your compliments with our team and in particular with Marco and Claudio, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

A good hotel in the bracket (Metropolitan; Capital; SML: Langham: Lanesborough etc). It's small enough to be friendly and intimate but not so small that privacy isn't possible. The door staff are always very nice, welcoming and efficient (often the same person taking your case outside actually brings it to the room!). We've stayed about a dozen times and the standard rarely fluctuates. The rooms are comfortable, with a very welcome coffee machine in each, which makes very drinkable coffee! The room menu is good and no more expensive than that of other similar hotels. I have had trouble with the air conditioning a couple of times; finding that it's gone off to sleep shortly after I have, so I spend nights walking back and forth cursing it - not all rooms really need it, but it's nice to have. (There is one room, at the back that really does need it and this was the worst one - that was a year ago, so maybe it's been sorted). The bathrooms are all very good and the standard of cleaning, furnishings and bed/bed-linen is very good and the rooms have always been quiet. They also have a little room downstairs where you can print and photocopy - this has been a life-saver on more than one occasion. The staff were very helpful (even though I was just being thick), and they wouldn't take any payment for the paper/ink/time I took in there; a real surprise and delight! The restaurant is fine; that is, very good, but you'd expect it to be! When we've booked through Amex we've often been given afternoon tea too, which is always lovely. I would recommend it; it lacks nothing, but in a very competitive market, occasionally they are out-done on value and just plain old luxury! We'll go back, but will always wait for one of their, fairly frequent, offers to give it the edge.

Room Tip: A view of the park is always nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having shared your recent experience at the Baglioni Hotel London on Tripadvisro, we are delighted to hear to on every visit to the hotel the team is providing a consistent service.

We are also happy to hear how much you appreciate the different facilities provided to all our guests. I am sorry to hear that the air conditioning has not been providing the same consistent service, if it happens again please contact the reception desk even in the middle of the night and they will be able to check the main system from down stair without having to disturb you in the room.

Once again thank you for your comments which I will share with the team whoI am sure will be delighted and encourage.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had we wonderful stay at the Baglioni- every aspect of the hotel is elegant and service oriented. Our room was beautifully decorated; breakfast was an unexpected treat, the bar was a great place to meet friends, and the location just can't be beat! Hyde Park is across the street and the tube is a 5 minute walk away; the staff was very helpful with plans and directions. I highly recommend the Baglioni in London, and hope to stay in other locations in the future!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Colleen C
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Baglioni Hotel London. We are delighted that you enjoyed, the room, the restaurant and the location.