“love it !”
Review of The Zetter Hotel

The Zetter Hotel
Ranked #171 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed in the Zetter Hotel & Townhouse with family friends for six nights. We love it ,enjoy every moment of our travel to the London. This was my third time in London ,but first after more than ten years . This stay was the best one. Only small problem in the Zetter Hotel was with the our bed-my bones dont like it. /(

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank justin p
Catifeoglou, Operations Director at The Zetter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review Justin and for choosing to stay with us when you were back in London. I am so pleased to read that we allowed for such a memorable trip and I do hope that you do not wait another ten years to choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A very nice boutique hotel in the middle of London, very centric with a nice location. Beds are great, the staff is really nice and helpful. Restaurant downstairs has superb local food. Stayed there with my family (arrived by surprise) and in minutes I had an extra bed with a baby crib and a teddy bear inside it. Definitely coming back!!

Stayed: July 2014

Ruben, I am delighted that the team ensured your needs were met quickly and efficiently as it is something we pride ourselves on. I hope to welcome you and your family, either by surprise or not, back at the hotel again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a family members wedding, super hotel, very comfortable rooms, close to tubes. Lovely area of London. Wedding was superb staff, service especially the gourmet bacon butties served for the evening reception! Great spot, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013

I am so pleased to read that The Zetter was able to be involved in your family’s special day and that the bacon butties went down a treat! I will pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel Zetter was in a great location. I stayed in the main hotel and not the townhouses. The room was small but extremely cozy. The bathroom was large, modern and very, very clean! My only difficulty was that there were no electrical outlets in the bathroom which was cumbersome so used the desk in the room.

My room was on the 4th floor and my favorite part was that there were full double doors that opened with a glass partition half way on the outside. I could sit in a chair in my room, with the doors open and see the activity below...it was great!

The staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. It took a bit of getting used to the pink light flooding the room as I entered each evening but the bed was well appointed and I slept wonderfully.

My only issue was the wifi. I was traveling on business with my colleagues all staying in the same hotel. Each night, after returning to the hotel, I couldn't get on wifi right away because of a message that too many were already accessing and I had to try back later. This caused some late nights and large data usage on my mobile phone to get out urgent emails.

I would highly recommend this hotel for those I appreciate a "boutique" hotel particularly if traveling as a tourist.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside courtyard - across from the townhouses seem to have been quieter unless located...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. I am so pleased to read that the team looked after you and that on the whole, your room was satisfactory and you got the chance to sit and watch the world go by! I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with our WIFI, it is normally very good, however we have contacted our providers and they have been looking into how we can better this. It should mean that these will have been improved when you hopefully stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at the Zetter Townhouse and quite frankly couldn't have been more impressed. On arrival the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We booked a clubhouse room for the night via. Mr & Mrs Smith (who we were also that impressed with we have now booked another through them) and on checking in we found we had been upgraded to the Townhouse apartment. The room was superb with a lovely lounge area, Superb bathroom with a huge shower and a stunning free standing bath. The bed was super comfy also.

It was a pleasure to find out also that downstairs was a thriving cocktail bar, which after going out for super we treated ourselves to a refreshing night cap. Due to booking through Mr. & Mrs Smith we we given complementary "conti" breakfast which was sufficient.

Great location as we were attending a Graduation in the Barbican and only a £15 taxi ride away for super in green park.

Would defiantly stay again!

Room Tip: Book via Mr & Mrs Smith for the liitle extras!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

It is fantastic to read that the Townhouse apartment was exactly to your liking and I could not agree more about the comfort of the bed! I am pleased that you got to experience our award winning cocktail lounge and I do hope that we will be seeing you again when you are next in London.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The zetter hotel is in a really convenient area, close to Farringdon and barbican tube station. The hotel common areas and rooms are stylish and quite individual (especially the brothel-like red glowing lights above the external windows - very individual!). The staff are fab, polite and friendly, knowledgeable and nothing is too much for them to do.

However, I stayed here one night and I've never has a worse night sleep. My room was facing Clerkenwell road, which is VERY busy and the windows of the hotel are inadequate at blocking any noise out (I may as well have slept on the pavement). I was staying in London on a course, and struggled the second day due to lack of sleep. I wouldn't stay here again at the risk of getting a road facing room.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the road
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HelenaN313

Helena, whilst it was a delight to read that our team were friendly and accommodating during your stay, I am disappointed to hear that you experienced a bad night’s sleep. The road outside can be very busy at times, and although we have triple glazed the windows, we do understand that the noise can still sometimes seep through. If you could you please provide me with your details and details of your stay, we will update your profile so we can ensure that you are allocated a room facing away from Clerkenwell Road should you be inclined to reconsider and give us another chance.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I never normally review hotels but I just had to with this one! i absolutely loved my stay at The Zetter, from start to finish. The Reception staff were friendly, genuine & made the whole check in process enjoyable. After being taken up to the room & given local facts about the area i inspected the room to find it completely spotless! Complimentary sparkling water & honesty bar were fab! Good size bathroom & bed and enough room for two people. Bar area looked really 60's and ha a fantastic atmosphere. The tube is less than three minutes walk away (Farrington) and there are plenty of reasonably prices pubs & restaurants in the vicinity. What topped the whole experience off was the Champagne & Strawberry's along with a handwritten note left in the room while we were out. This was the result of a brief mention that it was our anniversary & left me feeling really impressed. I would highly recommend this to others (which i already have done!) and i can 100% say i will be returning for a second stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review Charlie and for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your anniversary. It was our pleasure to ensure that this was a memorable occasion and I am delighted to read that you will be recommending us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back for your second stay and hope that this is as pleasing as the first.