“Amazing hotel for a lovely Birthday celebration!”
Review of The Zetter Hotel

The Zetter Hotel
Ranked #100 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London
“Amazing hotel for a lovely Birthday celebration!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed at The Zetter Hotel for my boyfriend's Birthday. The staff couldn't have more helpful!! They arranged balloons and champagne in the room on arrival, a free upgrade and additional bottle of champagne. Room service was brilliant, everyone was really friendly. Oh and the food is superb!! We had the best stay with a quick visit to the sister Townhouse hotel over the road for cocktails which was divine. We will defiintely recommend and be back soon!

Room Tip: We had the superior roof top terrace which has a lovely little balcony for enjoying the sunshine!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashley_Ely, General Manager at The Zetter Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Natalie, I am so pleased that you chose the Zetter to celebrate your boyfriend’s special day and that the small gestures that we arranged contributed to your enjoyment. Our superior roof tops terraces are perfect for a memorable stay and I am delighted that the weather held out so that you could fully enjoy its offering. I believe all birthdays are not complete without a cocktail or two in the Townhouse, so I do hope you will both return again for the next one.
Thank you for the review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a small and really charming hotel. You're feeling at home as soon as you walk in the door, being welcomed by friendly and helpful staff.
Rooms are few and different and according to Gregorian design, making you wonder where the exentric auntie might be hiding. Food and drinks are superb. A wonderful place to stay and return to!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review Mari, I am pleased that the team looked after you so well and you got the opportunity to sample our drinks- I hope your tried one of our award winning cocktails?! It is always so lovely to read when guests find the townhouse to be a home away from home and I could not agree more with your comments about the famous Aunt Wilhelmina, I am still searching for her for an introduction myself! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I would rate this as a good three star, the room was small, and the air con was poor. Tea and coffee is down the hall and the mini bar is a vending machine next to the tea and coffee. The restaurant was ok, but didn't have many vegetarian options. The guy on check in was pleasant and helpful, but the other staff were stand offish. The main road it is on is good for buses into the centre and Farringdon station is about a 10/15 min walk away. The bar area is nice, the prices are average hotel prices. I just felt it didn't offer good value for money.

Room Tip: Don't book the smallest room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank louise d
Ashley_Ely, Manager at The Zetter Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor.

I was most saddened to see that the hotel and service fell below your expectation during your recent stay; especially as we are ordinarily proud of the feedback we receive about both aspects.

On behalf of the team, please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment caused. Thank you for the specific detail on where we might improve our food offering and service.

I do hope that this will not deter you from returning, perhaps to a different category of room or indeed our Townhouse across the square. With a view to reassuring you of our commitment to you as our guest, I invite you to make contact with me directly.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed the weekend here due to attending a wedding at St.Pauls.
Denied an upgrade as "it was our first stay with them". Unusual reasoning in my opinion, when the hotel know you've forked out a small fortune for a whole weekend with them.

For £150 a night, room was tiny (the size of a typical bathroom) although well designed and ergonomically pleasing with nice views over the square.

Breakfast was outstanding all weekend, poached eggs Benedict with a twist of bacon versus the usual smoked salmon.

Be wary, as Members of staff on two occasions completely ignored the "leave me alone" sign on my door, perhaps more training needs to be given.

Bar was nice, great overall feel, would have marked it 5* if it wasn't for the little misdemeanours.

In two minds whether I would return, particularly not for more than 1 night.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and whilst pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our food and drink offering, I am disappointed to read that there were a couple of aspects that you felt let us down. I can assure you that all these issues have been addressed with the team and I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the hope that we can provide you with a 5* star stay next time.
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We booked a guest room at The Zetter at short notice a night before arrival and it was everything and more than we had hoped! Our room 302 (and the hotel in general) made good use of clever lighting especially in the bathroom which was super with a very large shower, big enough for two. We loved the decor too with oversized print on the wall and shagpile carpet. Crisp white linen and two plump pillows each made for a good night's sleep along with the folding shutters at the window meant we were not woken up by the morning sun. We would definitely stay again and we can't say that about every hotel we've stayed in. The restaurant The Modern Pantry literally round the corner is also worth a visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in a guest room which are the smallest of the rooms however we found it ample in size with...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
What a lovely review to read and I am delighted that we lived up to, and exceeded, your expectations! I agree wholeheartedly with your comment about our folding shutters (excellent for a lie in!) and am pleased that the Zetter has made it onto your list of hotels to return to. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
New York
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Zetter for a weekend recently - I also spent a week at the hotel some time ago but neglected to write a review. The pluses about this hotel are simple: terrific service and great food at the hotel restaurant and various others in the area - you are literally in the food epicenter of London. However my travel companion Ms. Ntsolengoe was less than enamored with our tiny bed (a full at best). If you are traveling as a couple and like a little space make sure to look into this!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Ntsoelengoe
Thank you for taking the time to feedback with your thoughts following your stay with us and I am extremely pleased to hear that as a returning guest, you enjoyed many aspects of our offering as well as the surrounding area. I do hope that we will continue to welcome you both back to the Zetter on many future occasions.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I traveled to London in August for a short weekend visit and stayed at the Zetter for two nights. It's a lovely and modern hotel in the Clerkenwell area of the city. It's within walking distance to a number of fantastic restaurants (including the one in the hotel) like St. John and Modern Pantry and located in a quiet residential area. The location is not ideal if you are looking to tour around Central London (theater district, etc.). However, if you like to stay off the beaten path, this is a nice location.

The hotel room is very clean and nicely appointed. I wouldn't considerate it "luxury" - but it was comfortable and very nice. The rooms are on the small side, but we sort of expected that from a boutique hotel. The staff is very helpful and enthusiastic.

It was a lovely stay overall. We can't say that it blew our socks off, but it met our expectations of a small boutique hotel and we weren't disappointed.

Room Tip: If you can splurge for a bigger room with the terrace, do it.
1 Thank WallStreet10005
Catifeoglou, Operations Director at The Zetter Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
I am so delighted to read that you choose to stay with us when visiting from New York and you took the opportunity to sample Bistrot Bruno Loubet, as well as the large selection of excellent restaurants that Farringdon has to offer. We are lucky to have so many convenient transport links into Central London and I do hope that you took advantage of these when you did want to explore. I hope you decide to stay with us again soon as we would be only too delighted to look after your husband when you are next in London.