Hotel ibis budget London City Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MOXY London Excel(London)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspontoon dock dlr stationminute walkno tea making facilitiescanning townshower and toiletwhat it says on the tincheap hotelan overnight stayper nightreception areatriple roomgood nights sleepcontinental breakfasthotel is situatedrooms are smallshort stayyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hotel is all about location so close to LCY.

The hotel itself was ok-ish though for whatever reason "Prison Break" came to mind again when walking through the corridors and on entering the room. ;-))

Around 30 quid I would come back. For anything north of that price certainly not.

Room Tip: There are no GOOD rooms at this chain.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank A K
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Apologies for not living up to your expectations. We’ll look into things, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget London City Airport some time in the future. Do feel free to contact me on h3578-dm@accor.com to discuss further.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Room was clean, but sparse. Double bed and bunk bed (over the double bed). Sink in the room and no toiletries apart fro a piece of soap. Paid £60 for the room and £5 for breakfast. 10 min walk from City Airport so very convenient. Arrived late at night and left early in the morning and it worked well on those terms. Overall, good value and convenient for the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget London City Airport. I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that we treat all comments with the utmost seriousness. we will look into the points your highligted. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here November 22nd - 24th 2013. Room was clean and tidy, location was good (it was only a 5 minute walk to the Pontoon Dock station on the DLR), there was a petrol station and cash machine near by and a Nisa shop nearby too, price was good considering how late I left it to book in. However I did have a couple of concerns about the place:
- When me and my friend arrived, we were paying separately and so asked if we could pay cash. We were informed that to pay the amount in full in cash there would be a £70 fee!! Yes, you read that right, £70!! We were told however that we could pay half and half or all on card without a fee.
- On the Saturday, we left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door as we didn't want the cleaners to come into the room. This was however ignored.
- On the same Saturday that the DND sign was ignored, I had stuffed all my items into my rucksack but not sealed it. When I returned to the room, my items had been pulled out of my bag and were laid out on the bed with my underwear on top of the pile of clothes. As I was staying with a friend, this was extremely embarrassing, not to mention very, very weird!! Especially when there was rubbish still lying around the room which had not been tidied away.
- The "free Wifi" that was supposedly available didn't work either.
I have to admit that although a very good price and location and a comfortable bed to sleep in, I have been put off booking in at an Ibis Budget again due to the fact that I didn't feel my items were secure in my room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank SMoorcroft

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that we will look into the points your raised. In the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget London City Airport.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

things are being taken out of bags when you leave your items in the room without notice .
2 of my more than £50 wrth perfumes were stolen and when i contacted the manager ,the only explanation i got is the two companies work in the hotel so they dont know who did it.
Is that really good customer service when items are taken .Its so embarrasing

Room Tip: ground floor, any where near cctv
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mirembe2013

Thank you for posting a comment even though the matter has been clearly discussed with you face to face. We accept objective comments but subjective also. Please to remind you that at the end of more than 2 months stay with us you kept your belongings in the room without any notice, left the hotel and came back only 4 days later to collect your bags which obviously have been removed from the room. Also, during this long stay, you have never made a complaint about the quality of our service and the professionalism of our staff.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights to be near Excel (easy to reach by DLR and within walking distance).

The hotel looks like it is going through a refurb in the reception area but the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and the shower was surprisingly good.

The duvet and pillows were a bit thin but there was a heater and good TV and great price. Would recommend this hotel and definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.