“Very dissappointed”

Hotel ibis budget London City Airport
Ranked #691 of 1,078 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Have stayed at numerous novotel, ibis and an ibis budget previously all as a family on trips, we are fans on the Accor formula. As ever the rooms are very good for the budget, clean & comfortable. However the front and reception is a building site I am amazed that the hotel was not shut for the work to be done. Photos to follow. My kids were actually a little nervous about staying there which is a first. The room next to mine was being used as an office or similar for the staff because all I could every 10 mins or so was the latched door closing and slamming onto the latch. Clearly we didn't even stay for breakfast as much as I enjoy sitting in a cold building site. stay clear until the work is done.

Room Tip: Wait until the work is done.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am really sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and the matter will be dealt with accordingly. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologizes.
and feel free to contact me on 0207 474 9106 or e mail me on h3578-dm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

If you're on a budget, this place is great. The staff are friendly, the room was very clean, the breakfast was decent and even though its quite far out from central London, there's is a station nearby.
We had problem with our room with the plugs not working but this was soon rectified by the staff.
Only slight annoyance is the shower, which opens into the room and there's no privacy to be had - it would have been nice to have an actually shower room.

All in all, for the price you couldn't really ask for more.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beck T
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. In the meantime, we will look into things you highlighted. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

An average adn affordable stay close to London city airport. This lies in zone 3 and is around 400 metres from the nearest underground. Be aware that there are no stores, restaurant etc closeby except a Costa Coffee. The hotel provides pizza delivery and take home food service which was quite average.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The kind of hotel where you have to pay for a shower gel...
And the bathroom was all over the room (several annexes)... AWFUL!!!
We only had 1 towel (and almost begged for another one).

Benefits: close to the Airport, nice tv.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and the matter will be dealt with accordingly.
Please feel free to contact me on h3578-dm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hotel is all about location so close to LCY.

The hotel itself was ok-ish though for whatever reason "Prison Break" came to mind again when walking through the corridors and on entering the room. ;-))

Around 30 quid I would come back. For anything north of that price certainly not.

Room Tip: There are no GOOD rooms at this chain.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank A K
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Apologies for not living up to your expectations. We’ll look into things, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget London City Airport some time in the future. Do feel free to contact me on h3578-dm@accor.com to discuss further.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Room was clean, but sparse. Double bed and bunk bed (over the double bed). Sink in the room and no toiletries apart fro a piece of soap. Paid £60 for the room and £5 for breakfast. 10 min walk from City Airport so very convenient. Arrived late at night and left early in the morning and it worked well on those terms. Overall, good value and convenient for the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget London City Airport. I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that we treat all comments with the utmost seriousness. we will look into the points your highligted. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here November 22nd - 24th 2013. Room was clean and tidy, location was good (it was only a 5 minute walk to the Pontoon Dock station on the DLR), there was a petrol station and cash machine near by and a Nisa shop nearby too, price was good considering how late I left it to book in. However I did have a couple of concerns about the place:
- When me and my friend arrived, we were paying separately and so asked if we could pay cash. We were informed that to pay the amount in full in cash there would be a £70 fee!! Yes, you read that right, £70!! We were told however that we could pay half and half or all on card without a fee.
- On the Saturday, we left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door as we didn't want the cleaners to come into the room. This was however ignored.
- On the same Saturday that the DND sign was ignored, I had stuffed all my items into my rucksack but not sealed it. When I returned to the room, my items had been pulled out of my bag and were laid out on the bed with my underwear on top of the pile of clothes. As I was staying with a friend, this was extremely embarrassing, not to mention very, very weird!! Especially when there was rubbish still lying around the room which had not been tidied away.
- The "free Wifi" that was supposedly available didn't work either.
I have to admit that although a very good price and location and a comfortable bed to sleep in, I have been put off booking in at an Ibis Budget again due to the fact that I didn't feel my items were secure in my room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank SMoorcroft

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that we will look into the points your raised. In the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget London City Airport.