“It's fine for a budget hotel”

Hotel ibis budget London City Airport
Ranked #691 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Close to London City Airport, so can easily walk to and from the Airport, I used the Airport DLR as seemed easier to the find the hotel that way. As others have said, the noise isn't too bad when based so close to the airport, although it was helped by most flights being cancelled due to fog in the morning. Basic room, but it was clean and comfortable. As with such budget hotels, take your own shampoo etc, but at least they provide soap. Free wifi worked well and service was good. Breakfast was £4.95 for a 'continental' buffet style breakfast, so basically croissants, fruit, toast and cereal options. I think that's good value for anywhere in London. Nowhere obvious to eat out nearby, so for my one night there, I walked back to the airport where there is a Pret and another sandwich type place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.
Many thanks for your kind comments and compliments.
Our team is delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Have stayed here twice before for one night, the hotel is situated fantastically for City Airport and DLR options into London. Although close to the airport there were no issues with noise, although that may be because I'm a deep sleeper.
Rooms are spotless, couldn't fault that. Double bed is comfortable, although room is basic (not many pictures or colour) its very good for the money. £64 is what we paid and staff very helpful and friendly. Also onsite parking which is handy if driving in from somewhere else.
Would recommend as a base for going to City Airport or exploring London.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We needed a hotel close to Brick lane theatre and somewhere that was close to either DLR or the underground and this place did fit the bill and was priced very good. As other people have commented the place was immaculate in its cleanliness and the staff were more than helpful. On the negative side there is no hairdryer and if you take your own the mirror is not near a socket. The room is very sparse and it is simply a bed for the night. The bed was clean but not particularly comfortable although we managed. On the plus side it was only yards away from the venue we were going to see, cheap and there was a lift. There were a few snacks that could be bought in the foyer and the whole experience reminded me of a place we stayed in France for a similar reason. I would stay again if it was the only one in the area but I would look for a premier inn possibly first.

Room Tip: The rooms I expect were all about the same, there was not a massive amount of external noise in fact...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that we will look into the points you highlighted. In the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget London City Airport.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for luxury this is not for you.
This is a budget hotel but the room was adequate and clean. The staff were helpful and friendly. Good location for Brick Lane, City Airport and The O2.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

If your stuck and need quick access to London City Airport and are alone then fine, otherwise any longer with any significant other with you - you will go crazy.

There is nothing to do in the area. The local petrol station is basically where you can buy stuff from.

There is no room service, food, drink except for a small vending machine type tuck shop. Breakfast is a joke, cereals and over priced. It is basically a hostel.

The rooms are so small akin with prison cells. The beds are basically an MDF wood with a thin mattress.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LondonSE13
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Apologies for not living up to your expectations. We’ll look into things, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget London City Airport some time in the future. Do feel free to contact me on h3578-dm@accor.com to discuss further.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Having been to Ibis budget when it was Etap I knew exactly what to expect. On arrival the staff were welcoming and helpful. The rooms are clean and tidy, shower is a good size. We stayed for two nights and on the first night found the bed a bit uncomfortable but the second night it was fine. The nearest DLR station is 5-10 minute stroll away and within 30 mins you can be anywhere in London. The Westfield shopping centre is a 10 min drive or you can get the DLR to Statford International. Ideal hotel for Excel, airport or 02. Considering how close to city airport aeroplane noise was not a problem. Overall a very pleasant stay and would stay again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.
Many thanks for your kind comments and compliments.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was in London and in the wrong IBIS hotel (Excel) so indeed I was not registered. The front desk, upon my requests, contacted the other two IBIS hotels in the area but I was not registered anywhere. So, I had to order a room for two nights and of course I paid through the nose.
Then, the funny part came. I got a call from the IBIS airport asking me when I was going to show up.

So, no I am not very happy indeed now with two invoices for the same hotel room. Please give me some advice on how to straighten this out. The first hotel was prepaid and the second I paid at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank vandebout

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comment and I can assure you that we treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. As already discussed, you didn't show up to Ibis Budget London City Airport hotel, and your prepaid booking has been invoiced as no show on the basis of our terms and conditions. I can confirm that following my investigation, no sister hotel has contacted our hotel with regards to the matter you highlighted.