Hotel ibis budget London City Airport
US$245
US$418
US$358
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$196
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$383
US$197
US$197
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
Agoda.com
All reviewspontoon dock dlr stationminute walkno tea making facilitiescanning townshower and toiletwhat it says on the tincheap hotelan overnight stayper nightreception areatriple roomgood nights sleepcontinental breakfasthotel is situatedrooms are smallshort stayyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at the Ibis Budget London City Airport for a night and for the price you pay £48-52, it's basic, gives you a roof over your head and the room can also accommodate three people. Where else will you get a room for that price? The reception area had a very "hostel" like feel, which was fine with me.

Now if you have to talk about the appearance about the hotel etc then yes it does look like an empty warehouse from the outside but its fine on the inside. However, you will be able to hear people walking, rolling their suitcases and all. The room is small but fine. Everything was fine until around 10AM when a lady (another guest) opened our door with her keycard - I was a bit shocked and she was shocked to see that she just entered someone else's room. I have no idea how this happened and since we were in a rush, we didn't have time to report it to the desk staff.

Not too sure if things like that happen a lot but do be careful with what you leave in your room. Nonetheless - I would still stay here, if I need a place to crash after a night out or recommend it to friends/family visiting London for a brief visit.

I found the location easy to navigate. DLR station to Pontoon Dock and walking 5 minutes will get you there - always handy to view it on Google maps beforehand.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget London City Airport. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. In the meantime, we have noted your comments about the incident happened in your room. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
See you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We needed a cheap room for one night, near to the o2. We missed the last Travelodge room and I found this room at the Ibis Budget for £48 on late rooms.com. There were mixed reviews mostly polar opposites. Some saying it was terrible, worst place ever stayed in, others were more realistic like I hope mine will be.
The hotel is a pain to find. The post code does not get you there using satnav or google maps app. We resulted to using the coordinates provided on the booking email. Even then it was a bit tricky and we had to use the street view. It is just a white block building behind some bushes, next to the esso garage. First impressions of the carpark were great. Its round the back of the building, gated with CCTV and it was free for customers. Brilliant.
It took us a little while to check in is as there was only one lady on reception and check out is also 12pm. Lots of people were waiting for the 12pm check in but when we did get served, the lady was very friendly, we were seen to quickly and off we went to investigate the room.
Now as I've mentioned before, i'm a travelodge girl. I'm not fussy. So long as the room is reasonably priced, clean and has a shower, toilet, sink and bed, I'm happy. I really didn't know what to expect with the Ibis budget.
The room was smaller than I expected and I was a little taken aback when I saw the bathroom facilities were not 'in a bathroom', but once I got my head around it, it was fine. The room was spotless and very nicely decorated. Very simplistic and 'budget' but we only wanted to sleep and shower there.
The shower and toilet are separate units that open into the room and the sink is in the room between the shower and toilet doors. Shower was lovely and hot. I really can't complain.
I can see why people would think it was an awful room if you have unrealistic expectations for £48/night but it is a budget hotel and for the price, with the DLR on your doorstep (pontoon Dock is the nearest station 5 mins walk past the Esso) we thought it was fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there agin on our next trip to the capital.
Yes it is right next door to London City airport but you wouldn't know it. I took ear plugs with me just in case but I didn't need them.
You have the option of a continental breakfast for £4.95. We went down to have a look at it before buying and decided it wasn't for us. For a few quid more, we had a walk down past the docklands to the Fox at Connught and got a full english breakfast which is what we wanted.
The hotel was very hospitable allowing us to leave the car in the carpark after check out whilst we went to the Fox.

Over all I was very impressed with the hotel. If I want a swanky night away then I don't look for £48 a night. If you want a cheap, clean room that accessible to central London, this has to be one of the best.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind comments and I am
delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here for one night in order to catch an early morning flight for nearby City airport. The room was cheap, we paid £51 for the night, which is a lot less than others nearby.

The bed wasn't particulary comfortable and the walls were thin, leading to a lot of noise with people wheeling suitcases about outside. However, for £51 you really can't complain too much.

Cheap and cheerful is the best way to describe this hotel. Perfect if staying by the airport, but there's nothing else nearby so no real reason to stay otherwise as far as I can tell.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we have noted your comments.
See you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 28 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014