“A Home Away From Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
108 Streathbourne Road
Ranked #76 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Look no further, this is where you must stay! Gracious and friendly hosts David and Mary Hodges offer a homey retreat in their beautiful home. Mary cooks a fine breakfast and David's wit welcomes you each morning. Close to the Tube or railway in a safe, pleasant neighborhood. We couldn't ask for more! We had a wonderful time and plan to return!

Susan and John H.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan H

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Mary and David couldn't be more friendly and helpful. We have been to London before so we chose to stay in a neighborhood. It worked very well for us using zone 1-6 off-peak Travel cards.
Per information I read on Trip Advisor, we bought them at a train window instead of the Underground and took advantage of the London 2 for 1 offer. We saved many pounds on popular sites, just plan ahead.
Mary keeps her house spotless and serves a very nice personalized breakfast. David always has a smile on his face and helpful hints for the day's activities. We had a fine Italian dinner in the area per his recommendation .
We truly enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I've had two visits to Mary and David's B & B this year and both of them have been a delightful experience. They are both extremely welcoming and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Mary cooks a delicious breakfast and David is full of ideas for places to visit, etc. As I prefer to travel by bus, there is a direct bus to Sloane Square only a short walk away. I stayed in the double room with ensuite bathroom the last time and this is a very pretty, cozy bedroom with a very comfy bed! I have also stayed in the single room which is equally comfortable. I am now looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: The double room with ensuite
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We spent a weekend at Mary and David's B&B and it was simply perfect. The very british interior and breakfast combinded with the many local tips from Mary and David made our trip to London so enjoyable. You can spend the days in central and busy London and then relax in the very nice neighbourhood and local restaurants. Mary and David: Thank you! We will come back soon.

Friederike und Michael

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We absolutely loved staying with Mary and David. 108 is a little out of the hubub in London, but David directed us to the aboveground train to Victoria station (which is maybe 10-15 minutes trip) and we were right where we wanted to be. You can get an oyster card for the metro and the system is very well thought out. The neighborhood is totally charming on Streathbourne, and the B&B is beautiful. Mary made a lovely English breakfast for us and bent over backwards setting up our driver for our flight out. She even negotiated a lower price for our ride.The beds were very comfy and our rooms were very clean. There are wonderful restaurants very close by and David directed us to a wonderful Nepalese restaurant and a charming French bistro. We felt like we stayed with family (the good side of the family) :) Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was returning in July 2013 to my London ‘home away from home’ at 108 Streathbourne Road…. and this is exactly what it felt like.
On this occasion I stayed in the top floor twin bedded room with its own bathroom. This cheery bedroom is filled with all the very comforting touches that make one feel really at home and the dining room where breakfast is served is still one of my favourite rooms overlooking a secluded terrace and the pretty garden.
During this stay I discovered alternative transport to buses and the Underground by walking to Balham Station to catch the overland train to Victoria Station which only takes about twelve minutes. From Victoria it is only a short walk to Buckingham Palace and a stroll through Green Park to Piccadilly.
I know London quite well but I am grateful for the local updated knowledge that Mary and David are only too happy to share with their guests. They are very approachable hosts.
I love Indian food and I have dined at Chutney Mary in Chelsea but on this visit I discovered The Gurkha’s Diner in Balham High Road. It was only six minutes walk from 108! Delicious food, wonderful service and so close!
As always I was sad to leave 108 but know full well that I shall return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were really happy to stay in this very professional B&B home. Mary and David were terrific hosts and very happy to share their knowledge and advice of London. Our room was generous and very tasteful with a feeling of staying in a country house with old friends. Breakfast was beautiful and leisurely, an excellent start to taking on busy London central. We purchased a weekly travel card and took the above ground train from Balham in to Victoria station in a little over 10 minutes...very easy with frequent trains all day. Highly recommended by us and we would certainly make this our first choice for future visits to London.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple