“Good Value For The Location,Friendly Staff!”

The Belgravia Hotel
Ranked #398 of 557 London B&B and Inns
Riga, Latvia
“Good Value For The Location,Friendly Staff!”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I've stayed at the Blegravia Hotel in March with my partner.As we entered the hotel we could see the lovely atmosphere from the hotel and staff.We were treated very nicely from them.Room which we booked (double en-suite) was small, but clean and comfortable for 2 person for the money they offered us.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Without doubt this was the worst hotel that i hve ever stayed in. EVER.
The standard of cleanliness wass appalling. The mattresses appeared 20 years old+, there was mould everywhere in the bathroom and a steady leak from the room upstairs which went straight into the toilet!. There were several horrendous stains on the ceiling and the carpets were filthy. I decided that i wouldnt risk the bed and instead slept fully clothed on top of the bed. The smell of mould and damp was very prominent and the only way i got through the night was down to copious amounts of alcohol!
having drawn my impression of this "hotel" already i decided that i wouldnt bother risking breakfast due to the obvious lack of cleanliness that was most apparant.
There were several foreign guests staying as well and i couldnt help but think what impression this kind of establishment leaves with foreign guests. it should not be allowed to trade in my opinion

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Looks can be deceiving! Upon arrival the hotel looked nice & quite up market.....until you walked through the door! We were greeted by the smell of stale wee. After finding a basement reception we were led to what I can only describe as an excuse for a room. the room stank of wee. there was chewing gum and snot stuck to the wall. the bathroom, if you can call it that, was tiny & the plug hole was blocked with thick black hairs. also the shower was freezing cold. It was disgusting with sticky carpets that reminded me of a rough pub floor. I went to complain & he called housekeeping to see the room. when she arrived she removed all the gunk by hand!! Anyway we asked for another room which we were quickly given as they had to put someone in our room. our new room was also a crap hole minus the chewing gum and snot though. the walls are also paper thin and crumbling apart, with black mould, so we were also kept up all night from the neighbouring rooms. only one channel on the TV worked & we were freezing cold all night. the heater supplied was smashed. At least the towels were clean, although full of holes!!! we were only given about two sheets of toilet roll to last the entire stay, good job we had some pocket tissues!!
After the nights experience we decided to skip breakfast as upon viewing the breakfast room it was apparent the cleanliness in the kitchen was at the same sub standard of the rooms.
We dont know how they are allowed to keep this place running!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I started writing a big review... but thought about finding ways to highlight the "hotel" and our experience.
1) the dirtiest place that I have ever seen - mold everywhere - toilet, sink - and would be unable to describe how disgusting the SHARING bath/shower was....
2) Exactly!!! A sharing toilet... despite paying £55 for the room.. it did not have a toilet in the room and only had a little leaking sync.... a little disgusting leaking sync
3) after coming back from our dinner I made up a big lie - had an argument with both member of staff (girl and a man) - both very rude - because I wanted a room with toilet... and had to lie that I was pregnant to pay an extra £10 and get a room with a toilet!!
4) the toilet was still disgusting and did not have enough room to turn around
5) during the night the heating was switched off and its very noisy as well
6) had stains on the duvet, curtains and can not even describe the carpets
7) had a dead fly stuck to wall!!!!! yeah... a dead fly!!!! (see picture!!!)
8) the check out was 10.30!!! how ridiculous is that?! but to be honest... by 8am we were out!

My friend was not aware of hotel reviews on internet.. and to be honest.. after this experience I would never book something before check the reviews!!! We are not fussy people but hygiene is essential and I honestly DO NOT believe that hotel is acting according to the law in terms of cleanliness...

DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE!!! OR YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET... A LOT!!! (SEE FEW PICS) I would rather camp in my garden or sleep on the street before staying there again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Once me and my partner had arrived we were abruptly met at the door after 15 minutes of ringing the bell, we were taken down into a small room no bigger then a cloak room! covered in bed linen (we soon found out this was the dining room). we got directed into our room to find that the windows did not shut properly (imagine a small hotel room in the middle of london with windows that dont shut). At the top of one of the walls we had mould running along towards a small bathroom which you had to sit on the toilet before you could shut the folding door. It had other little problems like unclean floor rotten skirting boards but the one thing that really annoyed us is that we had been out exploring london and we had got back early to rest up only to find our hotel room door wide open with our bed tipped upside down in our room. We were so annoyed as our laptop and valuables was on the bed before we left not only had our things been flipped with the bed but our door was wide open for anybody to help themselves. Once we had approached the man who came into our room he spoke little english and he replyed "bed broke i fix it 10 minutes" we went down stairs to confront the manager only to be met by what i can only describe as a young teenager with a stroppy attitude. He told me my room would be ready in ten minutes as my bed was broken he told me to go into the cloak room (dining room) to make my own cup of tea. whilst i wait we stayed there for 2 nights and paid nearly £200.

Advice: if you want to be welcomed by a stroppy teenager have strangers leaving your valuables on show next to your upside down bed and and have to sit down before you can shut a bathroom door then this is the place for you!

I will upload pictures shortly

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I was dreading this hotel after reading the reviews but had already booked. we had a tripple room right beside the front door very noisy at night if people are coming in. also the credit card machine was broken when we arrived, had to go to an atm and pay cash before we got our room, small for three people and tiny shower/toilet in the room with toilet practically in the shower!. had clean room and working tv though . didnt try the breakfast . its a perfect location and was ok for our two nights if on a budget.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Santiago
Reviewed 12 December 2010

It looked like a hostel, no elevators, small bedrooms, very expensive for the level of service.
The only good thing is its great location very near to Victoria tube station.

• Stayed September 2010