“Warning warning warning!!!!”

The Belgravia Hotel
Ranked #420 of 575 London B&B and Inns
“Warning warning warning!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Ants in bathroom and room was afraid beds would have been covered with them!
staff not friendly didn't speak English when customers were having breakfast found it very rude.
No reception area!
Cheese slices and ham for breakfast not good choice!only white bread on offer no brown.

If your just looking for a base and wouldn't be spending much time in hotel its fine but wouldn't stay again.
Good location near bus station and few see sighting places near.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Lincolnshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel door opened and the greeting wasnt friendly at all: 'we need you to pay tonight'
The man didnt say hello he just demanded I got cash from across the road first. Of course I refused and asked to go and rest first.
The room was quite literally a dump! The curtain rail was wonky, there is mould on the bathroom ceiling, ants in the room and silverfish. The carpets are not fitted properly and have gaps between each piece...all of which are frayed and old. The shower head is broken so you have to hold it to shower as its not attached to the wall.
The tv had a crack down the middle of it. It was very old and didnt work properly. We had to ask them to come and adjust the wires to watch it.
The single bed near the double had a very old mattress on it you can feel the springs at the top. The only positive aspect was the clean linen I had to share with ants.
I am just annoyed that I paid for this but having being approached for money so early on in such a manner I didnt fancy having an argument about payment infront of my child.
All of the room photos online are not what is actually there.
All your paying for is the great location!!!!

1 Thank cyonce777

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Apalling excuse for a hotel.

I stayed on the top floor. I am young woman and the Staff didn't offer to help me lug my suitcase up 4 flights of windey, uneven, crampt stairwell.

Another reviewer described the furniture as something pulled out of a skip. This is a perfect way to describe it. The bed was not broken, but just scuffed, dirty. The walls were dirty with stains and shoe scuff marks at the bottom part of the wall.

The ensuite produced freezing cold water and didn't attach to the Wall (at least they provided a towel and soap). Toilet smelled, and looked about 30 years old with stains inside where it has obviously gone through long periods of time without being cleaned.

The window didn't close properly. Luckily I visited in summer so wasn't cold. But when I went to open it properly, the wood was talking off the windows from rot I suppose...? The curtains were tatty and thin, and didn't provide any light diffusion.

I didn't dare inspect the sheets thoroughly, but from what I saw, they were clean. I didn't experience any fleas or bed bugs- Something as a guest you shouldn't have to sorry about in the first place! Sitting in bed before going to sleep I felt so uncomfortable and in clean, and disappointed with myself I had booked a terrible deal.

I paid £40 summer 2012. But I have stayed in much better condition hotels (basic, yes, but clean and comfortablw!) for less money in central London.

Room Tip: Don't book one!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SLH91
Brasilia, DF
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Keep distance from this hotel. It's the worst hotel i've ever been in all my life. And i think I have my share of bad hotels. The place is dirty. From the window of my bedroom I could see people cleaning the sheets of the hotel and I was disgusted. The bathroom is something like plane bathroom meets the chemical bathroom. The horror!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Circleville, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

This hotel is not as awful as many reviewers said.. But I've seen much better. The rooms are really small and the bathroom is microscopic, but they are clean. The staff is friendly and the breakfast is simple but good. The location is perfect, just 2 minutes away from victoria station, and the neighborhood is really nice. So if you are looking for a simple place just to sleep, this hotel is fine, just don't expect too much.

Brecon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I know that his place is supposed to be cheap, a budget hotel, but that doesn't mean dirty! Wallpaper around the bed soiled, mattress stained, shower broken, shower door wouldn't open properly because the bed was too big for the room, shower door had mould on it or all the paint was coming off, cracks, peeling wallpaper. (Room 6, if you’re interested), window cord broken, so it could not be left open, some sort of rubbish on the shower roof............ The furniture looked as if it had come from a skip - it should certainly be returned! The e-mail booking said there would be a private bathroom, safety deposit box, hair-drier, tea and coffee-making facilities, Wi-Fi. The cards about the hotel say "We have fourteen newly refurbished bedrooms, each with a charmingly bright, clean and modern finish" and the list of all these things. Lies, lies and more lies. Like others, I was told that the credit card machine was broken and was sent across the road to the conveniently situated cash machine. Luckily, the man who greeted me didn't have any change, so I was left owing £8.00 which I said I'd pay in the morning. This was before I'd seen the room. Once I'd seen it, I decided that I wasn't going to pay the balance and would ask for a part refund in the morning. Come the morning, I handed my keys in, refused to pay the balance (which resulted in a threat to call the police - I told them to go ahead) and demanded some money back. Eventually, they agreed and I ended up £18-00 better off. When I queried the description of the room against the reality, I was told that the tea and coffee facilities were in the kitchen, the safety deposit in the office etc etc. When I said that the room was, without doubt, the worst I had ever stayed in, I was told that, for the money, it was what I should expect. I said that I would report them to the London Tourist Board and Trading Standards. Please, please, dear reader, never go there!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jded1953
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

This establishment is of poor quality for the money (over £100 sterling)! When I arrived I was asked to pay cash (no card option) so I had to find an ATM - conveniently it was right across the street. The room was so small I had to maneuver my over-night bag around the door. After travelling for so long I wanted a shower - the shower head was broken. So no shower. The bed squeaked so much - I woke myself when I moved. The view from the window was into two other rooms and a small area for the smokers - had to keep the window closed cause the smell of smoke came in. Easy singles and cheap sliced ham was not what you want for breakfast. The lady at breakfast was so nice - "Breakfast is finished but I'll let you have breakfast". I paid an extra £5.00 to Budgetplaces.com. Plus there was no mention of the Cash or no stay business.
This was not worth the money. It was equal to a hostel for £20 per night. Not $100+.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business