“DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS”

and 1 more site!
The Belgravia Hotel
Ranked #398 of 557 London B&B and Inns
adelaide
“DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS”
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Had booked in advance directly with hotel staff. After reading appauling reviews we cancelled a month before our stay. Though they have a 24hr cancellation policy and said they would return our £72 deposit, we havn't heard back from them since and they refuse to answer numerous emails over 4 months.
We have alerted consumer affairs to this hotel.......A reall bad egg.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Bristol
Reviewed 27 October 2010

where do i begin!!!
staff were smoking in the area for customers, no real reception area, very small.
mold in the bathroom, cold and dirty. i was first placed in a room the was smaller thatn my bedroom at home, it said i would have a T.V. .. i never, no mirror, and the joke.... no lightbulbs. i complained and the man knew about it!!!!! he moved me to a bigger room, that was worse, the tv we had this time had no piture, broken lightbulbs in the drawers, opened leftover crisps in the cupboard, broken cups and dirty all over, the bathroom smelt of mold and was cold at all times. the staff were noisy. and so much for the traditional breakfast the next morning. try a basic spanish breakfast, with ham and cheese with toast and juice. i was soooo upset with this hotel, it was my 21st birthday and wanted to be local to some attractions, besides the location. im saying now DO NOT GO HERE, FOR THE HIGH PRICE IT IS NOT WORTH IT. I HATED EVERY MINUTE!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2010

How this hotel is allowed to accept paying guests I do not know. The facilities,cleanliness and overall standards were some of the worst I have experienced. Stay here at your peril!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
anthem, AZ
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My wife and I were in Paris and were returning to the States through London. We were spending just one night in London and we chose the Belgravia because it was within walking distance to Victoria Station from where we could catch the train to Gatwick the next morning. The hotel was relatively cheap, but it was far from a good deal. We paid for a "suite", which meant the room included a bathroom, the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. When shaving in the morning I actually stood outside the bathroom and leaned in over the sink to give me room to move my arms. Most offensive was that the ceiling in the shower was totally mildew encrusted (or was it mold), most likely because the fan in the bath was caked with dust and grime and did not work, not allowing any ventilation. The entire room stunk from the mildew.
The bed was "multi-leveled" and must have been 50 years old, although the linens did appear to be fresh. When we went to the basement for our "Breakfast", which consisted of Kraft individually wrapped cheese slices, a loaf of wheat bread, and some mystery meat, we were not able to be served since the "breakfast room" only had three small tables, which were filled, and there was no where to sit. The couple running the place were young, polite and clueless. When I complained about the room I was told by the young manager that he had never been in that room and was not aware of the mold/mildew problem. I am not a fussy traveler, and have never written a bad review before, but I feel compelled to warn my fellow travelers to avoid this place like the Plague!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim C
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Booked via Hotels.com (listed as a 3* hotel!), stupidly didn't check tripadvisor first (Grrr!)booked an en-suite double. Hotels.com lists that hotels will ONLY take payment up front if it explicitly says...this hotel did not, but yes, they DID take payment up front, and now we see why...
Booked as a treat, the outsides give away the horrors within. When greeted at the door by a pleasant woman who barely spoke English, was led down to a basement, which appeared to be staff rest area, but later found to be the 'restaurant' for breakfast! Was told room had no toilet yet I had paid for one, but 'there were facilities on each floor'. This was untrue, as found ONE servciceable (Unclean) toilet for 12 rooms!!!. Another loo was broken, and in the shower the hose didnt reach the attachment on the wall! The floor dirty and at 7am there was NO hot water - unsuprisingly. The shower head was mildew, ceiling mouldy, blind didnt fit, loo was damaged and sink dirty. The INSIDE window cill surface was flaked paint and filthy. The 'other' toilet had been used as a storage for foldaway beds, and the the third available was taped up and listed as 'broken'! 4 flights of stairs to the loo, which put me in view of the entrance, in my towel...
The room itself was abhorrent! the ceiling had LARGE holes in it, also damp patches, and the largest (dinner plate sized) was covered with a piece of giftwrap and pinned with drawing pins to conceal! The electrics entirely unsafe and loose from the wall both lighting and mains wires. And in one area exposed wires showing. There was no wardrobe storage...no room for one! (a blessing as...) the drawers in the cheap flat pack drawer unit (bedside cabinet) were stained and mouldy. The room sink was cracked and a half used bar of soap dry and crusty in the sink. The sink inaccessible owing to a poorly located bed. The decor was more befitting a 'squat'. Threadbare carpet and stained. The door ill fitting and rattled all evening, the sash windows insecure (4th floor and NOT child safe - they opened fully!!!!!). No wifi (which had been advertised). The tv worked on ONE channel alone, and the handset didnt work. A DISGUSTING example of a a squat, let alone a 'hotel'. How this has the cheek to call itself a hotel is beyond me. I wouldn't let my DOG sleep in these rooms! Hotels.com should remove this from their listing. This establishment is nothing more than a halfway house. The rooms were noisy from streetnoise, no facilities in room (teas and coffees?!). The WORST place I have ever stayed in. I'd rather have paid double elsewhere (this was £65 for one night!). DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2010

There was one toilet and one bathtub for 12 rooms, each with more than one bed. Two bathrooms were not functional. My room had mold growing on the ceiling. The one toilet was 5 flights downstairs. The one person who seemed in charge would not give a discount for the lack of availability of bathrooms or toilets. There was no management representation in the morning. I would've gone somewhere else except I came in late and after dreagging my luggage up 6 flights I couldn't face going back to the street and looking for another possible vacancy. I left as early as possible the next morning. The sheets seemed clean.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank mmlClearwate
Manchester
Reviewed 30 April 2010

we booked this hotel via hotels.com it was given 3 stars, it doesn't even deserve one!! The room was dangerous, electyrical sockets hanging off the wall, the smoke alarm was broke ... terrible. the draws were all dirty and mouldy inside, there was one toilet in the whole hotel that worked! the shower, which you share with other guests had mould all around it, needless to say we did not use this facility. On time of check out we waited for the manager as we needed to speak to him and we could not find him, I pressed the hotel door bell and he came to see me drunk un shaven and still in his night clothes which was completly inappropriate. There was a toilet which was broke and the other toilet room had all rubbish in it please see my photos, do not stay here!!! you get a false sense of security walking up to it as the street looks really nice. me and my son stayed out as late as we could so we didn't need to stay in the room and we left as soon as we woke up and just walked around London with our luggage.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business