“Great base for London break”

Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel
Ranked #220 of 1,069 Hotels in London
london
“Great base for London break”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed weekend before Christmas. Spotlessly clean, great restaurant, great value and every member of staff could not have been more friendly, polite, welcoming and helpful. Would recommend to anybody wanting great value in London.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MJWE16
Premier Inn D, Manager at Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a positive one and that you found the hotel a great base for London.
At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with a great service, great food and a fantastic nights sleep. It is great to get feedback from our guests about what we are doing well and what we can improve on.
Thank you once again for taking the time to give us feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Polish first
Malton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Rooms cold and draughty. Burnt hand on kettle as had to hold button in to get it to boil. Uncomfortable beds one member if staff was lovely the rest rude and unhelpful. The adjoining restaurant the food was either burnt in edible or off!!! When I complained I had the chef come out stare at me and make some sarcastic comment but no apology to make things worse the waitress pointed us out that we were the ones who sent the food back !!
Dartford premier inn is a palace compared to excel

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Lisa-marie6975
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn, I am very disappointed that your stay with us was not a positive one. At Premier Inn, we strive to deliver the highest standards of service and product, I apologise that this was not the case on this occasion.
Please call us on 08715278650/ 07936564941 and we will do our best to resolve this.
Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and we will use this information to improve our service/standards.
We hope that this incident has not put you off using Premier Inn and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I stay in Premier Inns for at least one night each week so I've stayed in loads and loads. This one is a really good one.

Location is great for the ExCel (it's literally next door) and for central London and surrounding area. The DLR stops at Royal Albert right next to the hotel and it's a 38min journey to Oxford Street. Zone 1-3 travel card is £8. Parking is on-site but chargeable from 9am - 5.30pm and costs £10 for over 6 hours if I remember correctly. Plenty of parking available.

This hotel is modern and clean. Receptionists were all very pleasant and helpful. I was even able to check-in early after a meeting of mine rescheduled - thanks!

There is a restaurant on-site. I opted for the £23 meal deal which got me a lovely 3-course dinner and a breakfast in the morning. The restaurant staff were fantastic. Extremely hard-working and pleasant to all guests. The meal was actually excellent. All food was freshly cooked, served quickly and tasted surprisingly good. I was served by Tandre and the service was fantastic.

Again, I visit a lot of Premier Inns and understand that it's a budget chain of hotels/restaurants but the service, cleanliness and food at this one has to be up there with the very best.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again when I need to be in and around London.

The only slight downsides were that the Air Conditioner/Heating in my room (328) didn't work very well at heating the room. It was a little chillier than I would have liked.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mattsand0
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a positive one and that you found alot of aspects of our hotel genuinely excellent.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Immaculate room and bathroom, clean, modern! The hotel is right outside a station at prince regent where if you cant see the hotel then you're blind, just a walk over the path. Service was quick aloud you to get on with your stay. Excellent!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Premier Inn D, Manager at Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a positive one and that you found the hotel room immaculate.
Como, Italy
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We are a family of 4 people (myself, my wife and two children 15 and 12 years old). We have been in Premier Inn Excel from January 1st to January 6th to enjoy own Xmas holidays in London.
This hotel is quite nice. Very clean. Confortable rooms. Great breakfast. Also the hotel restarant is not bad.
Coming to the logistic: DLR station (part of London Tube system) is just 200 meter walking. London is just 20 minutes away.
The price is really interesting about 100 GBP for the hole family for each night.

We really recommend this hotel for people that want to enjoy London without spending a fortune.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank teibaal
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a positive one and that you found the hotel a nice suprise.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Just walked in for a pint, asked the Indian bloke at reception where the bar was, and he looked at me as if Im stupid and told me to look behind me.. bar staff is really friendly. Short blonde polish girl with short hair, didn't get her name.. Will come by again when I'm around. Thank you

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that you found our bar staff friendly even if it was for a quick drink.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Reply to emails and answer phone when rang,I have been trying without avail to contact this hotel via phone and email since leaving about items that were left in our room, I have spoken to the call centre who have said that the hotel said there was nothing left in the room which is a lie as there were items left in the bathroom, when calling they are not answering the phone even thought I have rang upto 20 times in 1 day and it was very rare that anyone at reception throughout the weekend we were there so I can not understand why they are not answering the phone. I am not getting replies to my emails although Assam has replied to the one the contact centre had sent and said that there was nothing left in the room

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea W
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn, I am very disappointed that you had a problem reclaiming your lost property.
Our hotel phone lines have been out of service from Saturday evening, we have an engineer on site at the moment trying to fix our problem that's why you havent been able to get though to us. After investigating into your lost property we will of course be in contact with you as soon as possible.