“Stayed with two young children”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel
Ranked #195 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here and will certainly go back. The food was really good and the rooms clean and comfortable. Easy to get to. Very near the united emirates cable car over the Thames and the 02. I can not think of any negative points

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Premier Inn D, Manager at Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a great one and that you returned to stay with us again.
Thank you once again for taking the time to give us feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again and again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,935)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here whilst visiting IPEX 2014 at the Excel conference centre. Definitely in a league of its own when compared to other Premier Inns that I have stayed in, which have always been good value for money. Excellent service, staff very professional, nothing to much trouble. Room also excellent, fixtures and fitting definitely higher grade than normal (good). Excellent nights sleep, with no disturbance, despite location next to elevated tramway and approach path to London Thames Airport. Car parking easily available and very reasonable 12 hour rate, with 12 hours free.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a great one. And you think we are in a league of our own!
Thank you once again for taking the time to give us feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel as attending Country 2 Country at the O2. We were a little hesitant on booking this hotel due to the close proximity of the City Airport and the DLR , However was extremely impressed.

The hotel is convieniently located for the O2, Excel and a short walk to the Emirate Air Line. It is absolutely immaculate inside and the staff are extremely friendly and go beyond and above what you would expect. We were very impressed by the restaurant manager Francesco, He was very friendly and would put a smile on anyones face, Even someone who doesnt do mornings :). The breakfast was also extremely good and to a very high quality. The bedroom was to a very high spec and again immaculate....

This has to be the best Premier Inn stayed in so far, It is more than a "budget" hotel.... Will definately stay in this hotel again....

Well done Premier Inn London Docklands - Excel Staff....You excelled yourselves :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Premier Inn D, Manager at Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hi Rebecca! Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a great one and that we we excelled ourselves!
At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with a great service, great food and a fantastic nights sleep. It is great to get feedback from our guests about what we are doing well and what we can improve on. I will of course pass on your positive comments to Francesco!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My partner and I stayed here on a Saturday night to go to a gig at the O2. We had a room on the top floor (which I had requested) facing the road side, and the triple glazing meant it was really nice and quiet, you literally couldn't hear anything from outside. The lady who checked us in on the desk was very helpful and friendly, the room was spotless and the bed was big and comfy. Don't expect glamour but it's brilliant value.

It's really easy to get from Prince Regent DLR stop which is literally five minutes walk, you can see the hotel from the station concourse. From there is was really easy to get to the O2, on the way over there we caught the Emirate Airline cable car from Royal Victoria two DLR stops down the line (well worth it!), then we got the tube back at the end.

I couldn't fault this hotel and would definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room facing the road as the DLR is allegedly noisy, we had 624 which was very ni...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a excellent one! We have worked hard reducing noise in the hotel so I am happy to read that our work is paying off. I will pass on your fantastic comments to all my staff.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here to attend a comic convention at the nearby Excel centre. Being a "budget" hotel, I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room - it was large, well furnished, clean and comfortable. The facilities (wifi, tv, bathroom, tea/coffee making) within the room were also very good. I only used the restaurant for breakfast, but the staff were all friendly & helpful and the range & quality of food were excellent. I knew that the hotel was close to the DLR and I could hear trains go past, but only a very light sleeper would be disturbed by them. The only grumbles that I had were 1) I wasn't given my wifi codes when I arrived and numerous calls to reception went unanswered as the one girl on there was busy checking people in, so I had to go all the way down and queue again to get them and 2) I rang reception at 6.30am to ask when the restaurant was open and was told that it already was. However, when I went down, I was told that it was only open for parties and I'd have to come back at 7am, which was a bit annoying. However, these are relatively minor quibbles and certainly did nothing to prevent me having a really enjoyable two-night stay at a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am happy to see that your stay with us was a good one.
At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with a great service, great food and a fantastic nights sleep. It is great to get feedback from our guests about what we are doing well and what we can improve on. I apologise about the problem you had concerning the wifi and the restaurent times. Please email us on london.docklands.mti@whitbread.com so we can resolve this the best way we can.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a Two night stay whilst we attended the O2 Country 2 Country. An excellent stay really clean and comfortable room with a power shower bathroom. We were in room 509 which faces the DLR and London Airport none of which disturbed our sleep. The breakfast is the best as much as you want top up for the day. The only down side is the parking charges @ £12 from 0930 to 1730, but I suppose it is London. All in all a great stay and one we will do again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a great one and that you found us excellent. I am glad to read that our hard work sound proofing the rooms has paid off!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Spent a couple of nights here whilst attending a conferences at the excel centre. My room was very close to the DLR elevated tracks and to the end of the Docklands airport runway (and the nearby roads of course). The hotel and builders have done a good job of suppressing the noise and only a low level rumble from the trains gets into the room, aircraft noise is also very low. I guess rooms not next to the tracks would be even quieter. Food was Ok at dinner for the night I ate there and breakfasts were very good with quick service for extras like poached eggs and porridge etc. and although the dining area did get quite busy at times the staff did well to make sure that there were only short wait times for tables. Overall not a bad place to stay and perhaps 5 minutes flat walk from Excel and the DLA station.

Room Tip: If you suffer poor sleep due to noise then ask for a room away from the DLR tracks, rooms nearest th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was better than expected. At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with a great service, great food and a fantastic nights sleep. It is great to get feedback from our guests about what we are doing well and what we can improve on.
Thank you once again for taking the time to give us feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel so next time we can provide you with the wow factor!.