“Premier Inn to the Rescue”

Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel
Ranked #227 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn to the Rescue”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Unfortunately, due to reconstructive work carried out by an insurance company on my home, my family and I were temporarily rehoused. This was disastrous as their incompetence lead to us being moved 7 times in 8 months!!!! With 3 boys, a 73 year mother and a husband this proved to the very worst experience we have ever had. Premiere Inn was a sanctuary during this period, for one of the moves we stayed here. Through close liaison between staff members and excellent communication they prevented us from having to move to another hotel during our stay ( availability of 3 rooms was a problem as it Wimbledon was on and hotels were fully booked all over London). Chantelle was pivotal in organising our uninterrupted stay, and Carol in catering was a pleasure to see every morning at breakfast. It has taken me a while to write this review as after leaving the hotel things were still chaotic. We are still not back home yet after 15months of being out of our home, the nightmare continues......

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl H
Premier Inn D, Manager at Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. Sorry to hear about your house and i really hope all the work is finished soon. I'm glad to hear your stay with us was a good one we came to the rescue for you at your time of need.
Thank you once again for taking the time to give us feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Polish first
Hull
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Really nice place to stay...Very good staff and really helpfull
Location is ok...4 mins walk to DLR station and 7 mins walk to the bus station. Tram service is not too far away as well. Its about 30-35 mins to the centre of London !!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Dave! Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am happy to see your stay with us was a good one and that you found our staff really helpful. At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with a great service, great food and a fantastic nights sleep. It is great to get feedback from our guests about what we are doing well and what we can improve on.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am not usually a fan of London Hotels - overpriced and the staff full of themselves is my usual experience. I have to say this place was fine. The staff were friendly and spoke English, the service was good and the rooms clean and comfortable. I ended up having dinner in the bar one of the nights I stayed and it was fine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello Geoff. Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am happy to see your stay with us was a good one and you couldnt find any faults with us. At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with a great service, great food and a fantastic nights sleep. It is great to get feedback from our guests about what we are doing well and what we can improve on.
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We actually stayed in April with the children. The location is good to get into the city. Very close to the DLR station. Views over the river are nice too. Rooms clean and large even with a family room.Facilities are good and staff are very efficient. Will definitelywbe back again. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013
Premier Inn D, Manager at Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am happy to see your stay with us was a good one and i completely agree with you, the views by the river are fantastic. At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with a great service, great food and a fantastic nights sleep. It is great to get feedback from our guests about what we are doing well and what we can improve on.
london
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here for one night with my daughter and granddaughter as we had a very early morning flight from London City Airport. I was very impressed with the check-in and the room was excellent - clean, comfortable with a lovely bathroom. We had a fairly ordinary dinner then went up for an early night. However I did not get any sleep at all - it sounded as if elephants were having a party in the room above, and people were running up and down the corridors in the middle of the night banging on the doors. When I mentioned this next morning at checkout they immediately offered me a full refund, which I thought was excellent service. It turned out this is the Premier Inn policy. I would rather have slept however! I know this is not the fault of the hotel but it did matter.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cleoolivia
Premier Inn D, Manager at Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am dissapointed to see that noise was an issue with your stay. We provide a goodnight guarantee so i am happy to see that my team followed our policy and offered this to you.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here with family over the Easter Weekend; and was not only pleasant but treated with a personal touch! Bassam ,was not only exceptional but went above and beyond in finding us the best family room for a very good night and even a better breakfast!
Would highly recommend and would stay again.
Many thanks

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a good one. Bassam is an absolutely fantastic team member and i am very happy to read that he has provided you with the excellent customer service that you deserve.
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the hotel. I was attending a conference at the excel centre so the hotel was perfectly located. Very friendly staff who went over and above to make sure we had a good stay. Clean rooms, nice bar and breakfast looked good although I only had coffee. Very good shower and a bonus to have air conditioning. The towels were a bit on the thin side but overall I was pretty impressed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MelG78
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn. I am really happy to see that your stay with us was a good one and that we were much better than expected.