DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Chelsea
US$204
US$163
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$104
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$126
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$116
Orbitz.com
1,658 results
All reviewsimperial wharfoverground stationkings roaddouble treewarm cookiesclapham junctionwest bromptontesco expressgreat hotelon arrivalminute walkdistrict linequiet locationgood sizetransport linksbus stopcomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I arrived slightly early for a two night stay. I was told my room was ready. I was given the key. When I went up to the room, there was an un-made bed, with dirty tissues all over the place and no cleaning staff in sight. This was a real SHOCK! I went back downstairs and was promised that my room would be ready by 2pm. It wasn't. I was not allocated a room until 2.25 pm and had to constantly go up to desk and wait behind customers having lengthy conversations about local amenities with staff. I was ignored by staff even though they were very aware I had been waiting since 1.30 in the lobby. I was eventually given another room on the 6th floor which was very nice, but was made to feel that I was causing a fuss when in fact it was the staffs fault, one of whom had given me a key to an unmade, filthy room. All I wanted was to be able to get into the correct room I had booked at the right time. I had a very lengthy journey and needed to unwind. Unfortunately I had to sit in a lobby for 45 minutes. I realise it was a mistake, but no apology was given. It made for a rather unfortunate and unwelcoming check in experience. I would appreciate some contact from your customer service team regarding this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nero T
Juryschelseamgmt, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear MJ
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that you had encountered such an issue during your stay. I know that my Deputy has already been in contact with you in regards to the challenges that you had encountered and I am delighted to hear that you are returning to us in the near future.

We looking forward to welcoming you back then, should you need anything in the mean time please don't hesitate to contact Bani or myself direct at the hotel.

Kindest regards
Anthony Barrett

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Fantastic hotel for couples looking for a great value hotel 25mins tube in any direction to the majority of Londons attractions. room was modern spacious and impeccably clean. Staff were always very helpful without being overbearing. Everything and more that you would expect from a Hilton and more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian N
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We recently stayed for 3 nights,i am 2 metres tall so handy to have a King/Queen size bed,for this reason mainly we booked a room on the 6th floor which had that little added touch of comfort and better furnishings.We only had breakfast on the one morning which was fairly standard without being outstanding,the one evening meal we had was very good ,service was slow as many guests had room service but we chatted to other people in the restaurant.
As other guests have noted the hotel is away from the main London tourist sites and without an underground station nearby the nearest bus we found was along the Kings Road about half a mile away,we used taxis on occasions.On the Kings Road there are a few restuarants which isnt too bad at this time of year with light nights.
I would recommend this hotel but bear in mind the location.

Room Tip: Choose the 6th floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

very friendly and courteous staff, delicious food, nice and clean rooms, good connections with the bus, train(bus station is 1min away by foot) located near by the themse, perfect for a walk. And next to a supermarket....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Disappointing that on check in, ordering taxi and departure the reception staff just didn't seem interested and we had to wait a few awkward minutes each time whilst staff continued to chat amongst themselves behind the counter before 'realising we were waiting'. Shortage of staff at breakfast meant we went without coffee and had to find a laid table among all the ones that were left with dirty crockery on for an hour before being cleaned.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Geoff S

Dear Geoff S

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of your recent stay with us.

I am very disappointed that the reception team did not live up to our normal standards during your stay. I would like to assure you that I have taken this matter up with our Front Office Manager who will be working with the team to ensure that our normal standards are being consistently delivered. Reception is one of the key elements of a customers stay, and I am sorry that this appeared to be lacking on this occasion.
If you would like to discuss this matter further, I would be delighted to speak with you in regards to this and I can be contacted direct at the hotel or by email on Anthony_barrett@dtchelsea.com

Once again my apologies for this matter but I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards