DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Chelsea
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Blakes Hotel(London)
1,656 results
All reviewsimperial wharfoverground stationkings roaddouble treewarm cookiesclapham junctionwest bromptontesco expressgreat hotelon arrivalminute walkdistrict linequiet locationgood sizetransport linksbus stopcomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

(took me ages to find this hotel to review as it was a Jury's Inn when I stayed)

The size of the room was great for a London hotel. There were three of us in a family room with ample space. The room were well maintained and very clean. The staff were extremely helpful, providing us some helpful information on nearby places to grab a quick bite to eat as we had got into the city quite late. The beds were lovely and comfortable and the quietness of its location was an unexpected bonus. The price for the room was also pretty decent for three people by London standards.

The only downside was the fact there was only an overground station in the immediate vicinity when it was the underground that we needed to make the most use of. However, Fulham Broadway was only a 15 minute walk away, which wasn't too bad, but it is something to consider if you or anyone in your party has difficulty walking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura_S_InTheToon
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here one night after conclusion of Cosmos tour, l originally booked accomodation well in advance and found out that Cosmo was changing Hotel at start of the tour. Staff were very helpful answering all my email queries quickly and went out of their way to help me by allowing me to change the date to end of Cosmos tour . Service was just as good when we checked in and rooms very modern . Location was also good as we were only a short walk to Fulham Road were you can find many Resturants and Tesco Supermarket across the road. Breakfeast was ok many options, also tried dinner at hotel and food was good too, service at restaurant was also really good too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here as the last night of our Cosmos tour. Very impressed with facilities and service. Lovely room with good bed and comfy pillows. Room clean, fresh and modern with air conditioning and safe. Nice toiletries and non-slip bath/shower. It was good to have a decent hair dryer and good size tv.

I was unwell and needed to visit hospital soon after check-in and this was efficiently arranged by staff ordering a taxi. Great treatment by hospital too.

Great breakfast with lots variety. Would stay again. Don't know much about surrounding shops, transport, tourist sites etc as didn't venture out (unwell).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I arrived slightly early for a two night stay. I was told my room was ready. I was given the key. When I went up to the room, there was an un-made bed, with dirty tissues all over the place and no cleaning staff in sight. This was a real SHOCK! I went back downstairs and was promised that my room would be ready by 2pm. It wasn't. I was not allocated a room until 2.25 pm and had to constantly go up to desk and wait behind customers having lengthy conversations about local amenities with staff. I was ignored by staff even though they were very aware I had been waiting since 1.30 in the lobby. I was eventually given another room on the 6th floor which was very nice, but was made to feel that I was causing a fuss when in fact it was the staffs fault, one of whom had given me a key to an unmade, filthy room. All I wanted was to be able to get into the correct room I had booked at the right time. I had a very lengthy journey and needed to unwind. Unfortunately I had to sit in a lobby for 45 minutes. I realise it was a mistake, but no apology was given. It made for a rather unfortunate and unwelcoming check in experience. I would appreciate some contact from your customer service team regarding this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nero T
Juryschelseamgmt, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear MJ
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that you had encountered such an issue during your stay. I know that my Deputy has already been in contact with you in regards to the challenges that you had encountered and I am delighted to hear that you are returning to us in the near future.

We looking forward to welcoming you back then, should you need anything in the mean time please don't hesitate to contact Bani or myself direct at the hotel.

Kindest regards
Anthony Barrett

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Fantastic hotel for couples looking for a great value hotel 25mins tube in any direction to the majority of Londons attractions. room was modern spacious and impeccably clean. Staff were always very helpful without being overbearing. Everything and more that you would expect from a Hilton and more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple