“Exceptional Customer Service at Ritz Carlton Levels!”

London Marriott Hotel West India Quay
Ranked #190 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a buiness trip. The best part of my stay, without exception, was the exceptional customer service by the staff of this hotel! From the woman at the check-in desk to the porters, doormen, and everyone in between, they were focused on helping and pleasing the guest!

From offering me an umbrella to arranging taxi service to providing directions, this team has been thoroughly trained and very obviously makes guest service their number one priority!

The rest of my stay was pretty average. I was on a small, non-Club Level room on the first floor. The room was clean and provided the necessary amentities, but there was nothing outstanding about it. My colleagues who were in Club Level rooms in the tower had much better amenities, views, and room accomodations.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you have business nearby; quite a ways from Central London. This is a busine...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LasVegasLaura69
There are newer reviews for London Marriott Hotel West India Quay

Reviewed 11 February 2014

After recently visiting London for the first time, I deemed it necessary to sit down and write a review about how absolutely fantastic this hotel was. I simply cannot begin to describe how perfectly and smoothly my entire stay went. The room was beautifully decorated, the beds and bathroom were both clean and comfortable, and the service was fantastic. Leona, who assisted me at the front desk with the check-in process upon arrival, deserves an award (or at the very least this online recognition) for her incredible helpfulness, kindness, and eagerness to make our stay a great one. She was so friendly, knowledgeable, and personable, readily willing and able to answer any questions we had about the area, things to do, or how to get to them. The bar and the restaurant at the hotel were very extensive and had many wonderful amenities to offer, specifically the food and drinks. In sum, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and can confidently assert that I will stay here again if ever my travels take me back to London!

Room Tip: Try to get a tower room with a view overlooking the Canary Wharf.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I booked a deluxe double with city views in November as a treat for my husband. When we arrived on 8th Feb I was told I had a room with no view & two single beds!! That was rectified thankfully straightaway. The lobby was impressive so I couldn't wait to see our room! To say I was greatly disappointed is an understatement the "city view" of the air conditioning unit and the scaffold on the building opposite (I have photos) were not exactly what I had in mind! Luckily the dirty windows helped block some of that (given the rain we have had I will let them off that one! ) the room however bar the 2 white robes & mini bar. ( a word of warning however don't lift anything out of the minibar to look at the size then laugh at the price as you will be charged!) was on par with the Premier Inn! I'm guessing it got its five stars because of the concierge & bell boy?? If you want to listen to the radio on the tv then you pay for it! I probably had the worst nights sleep ever! The light of the alarm clock illuminated the room & in the end I put a pillow on it to block it out! The bed was very comfortable & huge but the pillows were far too soft to be comfortable! We left early as I was wrecked & couldn't wait to get into my own bed! If you want somewhere close to bars, restaurants & trains etc then this is ideal, but that's all the positives I can give it!

• Stayed: February 2014
Bertrand D, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel West India Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Alison Marie Ta... T,

Thank you for your review. I am truly disappointed to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay in regards to the room not having a city view and other few problems in the room.

I can assure you that we will take your words on board and I have already passed the message to the relevant department in order to review the situation and take immediate action.

Bertrand Dijoux

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Finding a nice hotel in London is a battle. After a few misses I stayed in th Marriott at West India Keys twice in the last few months. Access is an easy walk from the Jubilee Line or DLR. It is also easy from Heathrow on the tube. The location is good and back into central London is relatively quick and easy. What makes this a standout for me is that room rates can be extremely competitive and the rooms are very nice and well appointed. Another great feature is the large choice of restaurants and deli/fast food places to eat at all within a few minutes walk.
This is definitely my new number one stop for London

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My Mum and I stayed here for two nights as we were going to an event at the 02. This hotel was exceptionally clean and the service was very good. All the members of staff were polite and very helpful; particularly in helping us find our way around the area. Breakfast was also lovely, with plenty of choice. The rooms were very tidy and the bathroom was great too. We were really lucky to find two double beds in the room and I can honestly say it was the most comfortable night's sleep I've had in a long time. I would definitely stay here again. Should also say that this hotel has a great location with very easy access to the tube. A fabulous stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Went to see strictly come dancing at the 02 arena 8th Feb and stayed here, the hotel is lovely and everywhere was spotless, the breakfast menu had a great choice and tasted great The staff were very attentive, really friendly and helpful. I highly recommend the hotel and it is also in an excellent place for easy access to the 02.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with my daughter (9 years old) for a surprise London / Taylor Swift concert at the O2. The hotel was very clean and the service was TOP notch. Every staff member always greeted us with a smile each day/evening. The room was very clean and very spacious; Bathroom was modern. Had an inner room on the first floor and we never heard noise outside of our room. The bed was amazingly comfortable.

The hotel offers many services and has a restaurant but we never used them. Instead my daughter and i opted for more of a "budget" meal plan. We had breakfast inside the Canary Wharf mall each morning. Many choices including Starbucks and other type establishments. Lunch was always out in town. Dinners were again inside the mall area as there are plenty of options. The Canary Wharf mall area is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel front door. We could reach the tube station by foot in 10 minutes (going through the mall).

Wifi is free but only in the hotel lobby. There is a charge to use the wifi in your room. Not a problem, they have a very comfortable sitting area with TVs and a bar next to the lobby area. My daughter and i went down in the evenings and checked e-mails, talked on Skype to folks back home, and surfed the internet a little on their comfortable sofas. And great music playing on the overhead speakers...

Another great thing about the hotel was its proximity to the O2 arena (1 stop on the tube station). And the same tube line also took us into downtown London each morning.

But i must say that the most incredible part of this whole stay was that i got to name my own price for my hotel room. I hope to stay here on future London visits!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family