“Good hotel, good location”

London Marriott Hotel West India Quay
Ranked #200 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were staying at this hotel for a long weekend for 3 nights. We liked the location – it’s not far away from the central London. It easy to access from the airport as well. We had a room on the 2nd floor looking to the backyard – very quiet and comfortable. The room was very clean, comfortable beds and pillows, well equipped bathroom. We did not have breakfast at the hotel – there are much cheaper options in the area around the hotel. The only negative thing that they did not have enough umbrellas to borrow! I mean if you are in London in 5 star hotel – it should not be a problem to get an umbrella there. We would stay there again (if we get the same offer for 100 £ per night).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigtraveler2000
Bertrand D, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel West India Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Bigtraveler2000

Thank you very much for a lovely review. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

We are definitely looking forward to see you here at the hotel on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had three nights here and would definitely stay again. The location is brilliant, on the doorstep of Canary Wharf, lots of shops and restaurants near by. Good access to DLR and underground. Ideal for exploring Maritime Greenwich as well as London itself.

The hotel is a very good standard chain store hotel. The room was comfortable and quiet. All the usual equipment was there and easy to operate, I know that sounds silly but the amount of hotel rooms where they get clever with the design and you land up hunting high and low to find light switches. This room is brill, it just does what it says on the box.

Staff should be praised too, all are charming and helpful, everyone greets you and has a smile or suggestion as to what to do.

They don't have a car park but there is a public one very, very close by and the hotel gets a reduction.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caroline0312
Bertrand D, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel West India Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Caroline

Thank you for your feedback and for the nice words about our staff, which is definitely our key asset.

I am glad to hear you will be staying with us again and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week as he was working in Canary Wharf. I was able to check in early and was surprised to hear that not only the room was ready, but also since we were staying in an executive room, breakfast was free everyday in the executive lounge. While my husband worked, I was in and out of the hotel and whenever I entered the hotel, they would greet me and remember my name. The hotel employees were wonderful as I did have one problem (the pillows were dirty) and within 5 mins, they were changed. If you're staying in the Canary Wharf area, please do stay here and pay a little extra for Executive rooms. Breakfast, tea time, refreshments, desserts, health club, and internet is all free. I am not a Marriott member, but after this experience, I think I will sign up.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mere K
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had two nights here and from the second you arrive at the door you feel relaxed amazing service quick check in and out thr room is amazing clean large and quiet we drank all the coffee which there was plentyfull so rang down for some more was with us in minutes along with more milk and biscuits towels large and fluffy shower hot and powerfull I cannot recommend this hotel enough and we got a good deal off the internet I would of happily paid double !!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jerome

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the London Marriott West India Quay.
I am glad to hear that you have been looked after during your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great location, right next to DLR station so easy access to Central London. Lots of restaurants and bars nearby. Super clean and tidy hotel, big bedrooms with good facilities. Excellent service! Not suitable if you are looking for something quirky and quintessentially English. Ask for a view over the water.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and views of 'water'
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear RCS68

Thank you for choosing Canary Wharf and the London Marriott West India Quay for your stay.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed the hotel and the local area so much.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was staying at this hotel one night on business. I was ill for my stay and when I asked the concierge for assistance I was overwhelmed with the support that I received. They immediately arranged for me to be taken to a doctor and then arranged a late check out so I could stay in the room until I felt better. All of the staff that I dealt with treated me with kindness and respect. When I got home I discovered that I left a personal item in the room. When I rang the staff again were helpful and now my goods are safely returned to me. A great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Girlwho
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very Nice hotel with professional staff. Everything was good even if we didn t have hot water for 3 hours, this can happen ;) this is the hotel i will stay for my next trip to London.

Director & staff can be proud to the Level of service provided.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank ArnaudA448

Dear Arnaud A

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a great time in the London Marriott West India Quay.

I am very sorry for the issue you have faced during your stay. Please be aware that this has been addressed to the relevant department.

I am happy to hear that this has not affected the comfort of your stay.