London Marriott Hotel West India Quay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
2,269 results
All reviewscanary wharfmanhattan grilldlr stationthe executive loungejubilee linedocklands light railwaybusiness hotelbars and restaurantsbusiness districtcity airportlovely hotelbusiness triphotel barmini barwest endafternoon teaarena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Near ExCel & Canary Wharf. 30-50 minutes to get into central London. Convenient to DLR and can get around easy, but takes a while.

Had a conf at ExCel so this was good, but would rather stay in London, closer to more sites. This one can be quite expensive as well.

Service was very good. Dealt with one phone agent who was not helpful, but all others were extremely polite, friendly, and helpful.

Had a crappy room looking right over the DLR. Platform could see right into our room if blackout blinds were not closed.

Food in Lounge (I'm platinum Marriott) was good, but limited. Breakfast in restaurant was very complete and good, but is a little pricey if you have to pay (breakfast included for suites).

Gym was small but functional. A few weight machines, low ceiling, but in decent condition overall.

I'd stay here again if I had to or needed to be right in this area, but otherwise would head into another Marriott in town.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor/away from DLR trains.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Bertrand D, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel West India Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear pulsifire,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to read about a few little details that did not make your stay exceptional.

Based on your comments, we will work hard to ensure these details are dealt immediately and guests receive the standard of service they expect from our brand.

Please, feel free to contact me personally as I truly hope that as a Platinum Marriott Rewards member you will use our hotel again on your next visit to London and give us the chance to show you how your feedback helped us to improve our service.

Bertrand Dijoux

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here before doing the London Bridges Charity walk and the hotel is excellent, staff cannot do enough for you and all facilities are first class. Considering its London the prices are nor prohibitive and its just a relaxing, comfortable place to stay.

Location is great by car or, as we did, by Underground and DLR. The DLR stops almost outside the hotel.

There's a very good choice of bars and restaurants very close by and we all enjoyed the pub directly opposite the hotel.

Room Tip: Its good if you can get the rooms overlooking the pubs and bars - view from 'inner rooms' is a bit' dull'
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as we were booked into a late show at the Boisdale, the hotel was so nice we almost felt like staying in, not going out, the young lady at reception could not have been friendlier, in fact every single member of staff we came across during our short stay really impressed us by their intent to make that stay as enjoyable as possible, we were so impressed in fact that I cancelled a booking at another hotel we have pending and changed to the Marriott instead, I know now that if there is a Marriott hotel where I'm going, that's where I'm staying, there is only one thing I would change, free WiFi in the rooms would be the icing on the cake, you don't always want to go down to the public areas to send and receive emails or research the town you are in and £6 an hour?!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kelvineStaines
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on a leisure trip and was very pleased with the service I received from the staff.

Absolutely beautiful room, very spacious and was told that it was one of the spacious room (214). Although, I asked for the room on the higher floor but this was the highest floor I could get on a standard room as per their availability.

While entering the hotel I was greeted by an employee named Som who helped us with our luggage and also been a star for the rest of the stay. While checking in I was checked in by a room controller and she was very helpful and knowledgeable too. Very polite and sweet staff all together.

Would love to go back to this hotel and I am sure i will very soon but one thing to consider "It can be very Expensive" its better to get a DLR and get to tesco for little shopping if you are on budget.

Restaurant was very big and had lots of varieties for breakfast. Simply delicious.

Ice creams at the Bar was just another feature which makes this hotel provide every little service they can. Enjoyed a lot! Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This is our preferred hotel anytime we stay in London. We only live in Bucks but it's such a treat to go out and not have the long train ride home. We love Marriott and WIQ has the perfect combination of location and service. Short trip into the centre by Jubilee or DLR, also great for the O2, the new Olympic Park etc. Service is always proficient and friendly. Ask for a waterside view, and the highest floor you can get for the class of room you've booked. Exec rooms have best views, also access to lounge with drinks and snacks, including complementary breakfast, on weekdays in the lounge and weekends in the restaurant. Look out for offers which can make it exceptional value - but in our view it's always good value.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple