“Best hotel ever stayed in”

London Marriott Hotel West India Quay
Ranked #192 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Amazing stay on a busy Saturday in august. Room was beautiful, amazing views on London, bed was soooo comfy and room spacious. Staff were top class, it was my partners birthday and we had chocolate brownies and strawberries delivered, and I proposed to my girlfriend and they again sent a lovely note wishing us well, and some more strawberries, this time dipped in chocolate. It made my fiancé shed a tear and really made our moment even more special. The staff truly are amazing at customer service. We will now always stay here when we visit London. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants luxury at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank WazzaH79
Write a ReviewReviews (2,234)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed a few months ago, wonderful hotel, ask for water view, easy reach of london on the light railway, sadly they dont change the bedding everyday, but this is still the best hotel bed anywhere, perfect location.

Breakfast , just pop 3 mins down the road to weatherspoons, nightcluns nearby, resturants , there are dozens, tube station, shopping mall

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank cunard6852
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Managed to get what we thought was a bargain of a 5 star hotel on lastminute.com, however, even at 3 stars we have had better service. On arriving at the hotel at 15 mins after check in time we were informed our room was not ready and would be at least another 30 mins. This was after waiting in a queue for 10 mins. They recommended we leave our bags there and come back. Luckily the area had plenty of bars and restaurants so off we went thinking it's ok we have plenty of time before we had to go out. When we came back we had to wait again in a queue to be told that yes our room was ready but they weren't sure where our bags were...... Eventually they were brought upto the room leaving us just enough time to get to our event, although it was a bit of a rush! After assuming this was just a blip we headed down to breakfast on the Sunday morning to find another queue to be seated.... A 20 minute queue at that! When we finally sat down we requested some coffee and went to the hot buffet where we got to wait in another queue only to find out that they had run out of sausages and mushrooms and the bacon looked like the sole of my shoe! So we went for the freshly made omelettes which were lovely. We came back to the table and had to request again for coffee! The waiting staff looked stressed and unhappy and the whole experience was just not great. On a positive point the rooms were spacious and clean and the staff were polite, it just didn't have the organisation you would expect from a marriott hotel. Won't be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bertrand D, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel West India Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear raethomas38,

Thank you very much for your review. Feedback such yours enable us to look at areas that need immediate attention and act in order to ensure these situations do not repeat in the future.

The hotel was obviously very busy over that weekend and this should not be an excuse for the waiting time. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for not having been able to provide a better service during your stay and as I mentioned earlier immediate action has been taken to prevent this from happen again.

I do hope you would consider staying with us again in the future as I am confident you will experience a different approach.

Bertrand Dijoux

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I booked the hotel through lastminute.com and got the room for a bargain so wasn't expecting that much. The hotel was a 7 minute walk from the tube station and was right on the quay which was perfect and had lots going on if you wanted to eat or drink near the hotel.

When we arrived the service from all staff at the hotel was impeccable. We were given drinks while we checked in and got a room upgrade to a suite, despite the hotel knowing we had paid less than the cost of the room!

The room was lovely, really comfy king size bed and the view over the quay and Canary Wharf was absolutely amazing. The hotel was really clean, only downside was that it was very very overheated, but the room had air-conditioning so that was easy to resolve in the room.

When we got back from our meal the lady who had checked us in had taken note is was my boyfriend's birthday (mentioned it on check in), and they had left us a bottle of wine, chocolates and a hand written card from the Marriott!!

Breakfast was really good quality and ran until 12 midday along with check out which was a nice change not to be pushed out of your room early.

Overall, felt really valued and would definitely go back if I needed to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which doesn't overlook the train station, I would imagine the views wouldn't...
2  Thank Rachel T
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were upgraded to the executive apartments on the 11th floor; WOW!!! Very comfortable, clean and a fantastic view. Maybe a lower floor would have been noisier but this was quiet and though we could see the DLR trains we couldn't hear them. Lovely night time views of lights over London. Great bars and restaurants nearby. Would definitely re visit

Room Tip: as high a floor as possible!
1  Thank jane l
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times now and I personally can not fault it. The check in process was very quick and the room was ready when I arrived.

The hotel is ideally located next to the West India Quay DLR Station and about an 8 min walk away from Canary Wharf Underground Station on the Jubilee Line. This is not a Central London hotel but it's in Zone 2 and you can get DLR or Underground Services to all the major attractions in no time at all. It is in a great location for business at Canary Wharf. This hotel is also ideally located for The O2 at North Greenwich.

At West India Quay you can find a large number of restaurants and bars, these have been really quiet every time I've visited but I have always stayed over weekend, it would be a different story if I had stayed during the week.

I would defiantly stay here again on a future trip to London.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I like Marriott due to the consistency of standard and this offer was as good as most, indeed, given the price for a London hotel, a good choice. Try to book a room not overlooking the DLR railway, as they can be intrusive although not a major problem. A good venue for the Tower (and currently the Poppy Installation), the Emirates cable car to the O2 Arena and the docklands area. The hotel was very busy but the staff remained polite and helpful, and the bed was exceptional. We attended for breakfast just in time as there was a queue thereafter for well over an hour - not really good enough. Great value, good location and I will use it again, especially if I get another room upgrade. I imagine that during the working week it will be busy with those visiting the many financial organisation is the vicinity.

Room Tip: Rooms away from DLKR.