“Home away from home”
Review of Old Church Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Church Street
Ranked #163 of 554 London B&B and Inns
Adelaide Australia
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

After traveling for a number of weeks we stayed 5 nights in July.
The location is excellent, convenient walk to South Kensington station (number of restaurants around the station to choose from) or Kings road which has a few restaurants that are a bit more spread out.
We were in the room at the top of the stairs, it was spacious and very comfortable.
Breakfast was simple and delicious - especially the fruit platter.

Nina the host was most helpful and friendly. On the last day she arranged for a car service that she uses to take us to the airport (fixed price), the was better value than a taxi or the Heathrow express.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dreamtime_2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed 5 nights in June before a cruise, it was a very good location, a short walk from South Kensington Station and is located between 2 streets full of shops and restaurants. Transit is easy and you can walk to the museums. Breakfast was simple and delicious, a beautiful fruit plate with croissants, granola, juice, tea and coffee. Nina is a lovely gal, helpful and kind, she even lent me a yoga mat.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Meggen, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at this wonderful B&B (Chelsea B&B or Old Church Street) in May. The location is perfect - after a quick walk you can use the bus no. 11 to Westminster Abbey / Travalgar Square / St Pauls Cathedral etc..
We had the room on the top which is very spacious and comfortable with a wonderful bath room. Nina the host, is a very friendly and helpful person. We got many good ideas for our London trip. The area is also ideal for dinning out (restaurants, café, bar).
If you wish you get an exquisite breakfast (the fruit plate is just oustanding).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bmoeve
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My fiancee and I just came back from a week staying at the Old Church Street Bed and Breakfast. The location is outstanding, with quick walking access to the King's Road, Saatchi Gallery, South Kensington museums, Knightsbridge and Harrod's. We don't usually do Bed and Breakfasts, but we were seduced by this one based on the superlative location and TripAdvisor reviews.

We stayed in the top floor room, and we cannot say enough good things about it. The room is impeccably cleaned daily and has the most comfortable bed we've slept on while traveling, as good as our bed at home. For those of you that travel, you know how problematic this can be. For a small add-on you can purchase a morning breakfast. I highly recommend that you get the breakfast, which was fantastic - you eat at a lovely table with a view of the beautiful backyard garden, with fresh fruit, fresh croissants, yogurt, cereal, tea and coffee. And if you're good, you may get to enjoy the affections of Poppy and Pixie, the proprietor's adorable jet-black toy poodles.

Which brings us to Nina, the proprietor. Cannot say enough good things about her. She is a most gracious host and a veteran of the hospitality industry, which is immediately apparent when you meet her. She can help with guidebooks and recommendations on things to do and places to go. And go you will! In addition to the walking locations mentioned above, if you like walking you can go further North to Hyde Park or further East to Belgravia and Westminster.

At the end of our weeklong stay we had made a new friend and we look forward to returning. Like one of the other commenters, I'm almost reluctant to write this review for fear that it become too popular, but Nina should be rightly rewarded for her efforts. You will have a delightful time if you stay here.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor room if it is available!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenster42
London,Uk
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Now i know why so many good reviews on TA about this B&B.during winter vacation i stayed here based on reviews.I would not say much about but We stayed in the top attic room. Very comfortably furnished, extremely clean.& if get another chance would definitely stay again. The neighborhood is very safe, with lots of choices of restaurants nearby for breakfast/supper.over all simply the best !
Thank you all for giving us good time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gordon j
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed at Chelsea Bed and Breakfastn (Old Church Street as it is listed here on Trip Advisor) for six days in February. It was the first place I stayed on a 27-day trip to Europe, my first trip to Europe ever, and it was the best of all of the places I stayed throughout my entire trip. Nina, the establishment's host and proprietor, is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. My flight arrived around 9 am and I was able to check-in as soon as I arrived, which I didn't expect, but really appreciated. My room, on the top floor was huge, with a huge bathroom with a shower and tub, a heated towel rack, two large closets, a desk, a big television, a sofa, a chair with a little end table and a night table next to the bed. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I slept great every night. Nina also provided bottled water and in-room necessities to make tea, which was delightful. I contacted Nina and asked about how to adjust the temperature in the room and she nearly immediately brought me up a small heater, which I really appreciated because I am cold all of the time. Nina also has all kinds of things you can borrow, like electrical adapters and guide books, and even a washer and dryer. I didn't try the breakfast she serves every morning because I am not a morning person at all, but from everyone says it's scrumptious. Nina is also amazingly helpful with anything you could need. She provided me with great directions to any where I wanted to go and suggested good places to go to eat, etc. Simply put, Nina is a wonderful person to meet and to stay with in London. Chelsea Bed and Breakfast is in a safe, beautiful neighborhood in Chelsea, a two-minute walk from the King's Road and all of the shopping and dining that it offers, and a less than ten-minute walk from the South Kensington tube station. I hope I am lucky enough to stay there again on my next trip to London.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank acp0505
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I just got back from staying at the Old Church Street B&B and can not say enough. The location is perfect and the rooms are smartly accommodated and spacious. On top of all this the price can't be beat. Part of me does not wish to write anything because I do not wish for it to become too popular!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo