Ace Hotel London Shoreditch
US$418
US$358
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$130
  • Breakfast included
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
Excellent 5/5
US$213
US$197
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
Very Good 4/5
London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale(London)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$136
  • Room Service
1,254 results
All reviewshoi polloitrendy hotelpencil sharpenerlobby barliverpool street stationbrick lanebars and restaurantsdeluxe roomhigh streetbusiness tripcomfy bedhipsternightlifebathrobesshampoominibardoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a weekend in London for the Chelsea Flower Show. The hotel is very near Liverpool St. Station with direct access on the Circle Line to Sloane sq. Station.
The hotel is very different to any hotel I have stayed in before but very interesting throughout. We stayed on the 4th floor in room 413 which was a lovely room with two double beds which for me was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in when staying in a hotel. The pillows were also very comfortable.
.My only real problem was that we were not able to open the windows even though we asked the staff at the front desk. We had to sleep with the airconditioning on all night which for me is not ideal as I sleep with a window open all the time. Maybe the management might look into finding a solution for this? Also when making tea or coffee the mugs handles became too hot to hold without using a tissue, this is quite dangerous.
Apart from these two issues we really enjoyed our stay in the hotel and loved the quirkiness of it all ! The staff were excellent and very friendly and service second to none. The rooms were very clean and well equipped with hairdryer, kettle, iron and mini fridge. All in all a great stay in a cool hotel !!

Room Tip: Room at the side on the 4th floor, no noise heard at all.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Jamie W, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2015

Thanks so much for your review.

See you again soon I hope!

Jamie

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Spent 2 nights at the ace hotel for business this week. I'm not hip, cool, young or trendy but I LOVED this hotel. It's a breath of fresh air and has a great energy. I expected that this would mean that the service would fall short of more traditional hotels - but this wasn't the case at all. Staff and service were OUTSTANDING. On arrival, There was a problem with my room, the pipes behind my room were really noisy - it was late, and I was grumpy, tired and impatient due to a seriously unpleasant back problem, but the staff moved me to another floor. They brought the key for me and helped me with my bags to the new room.

Bed was very comfortable, I had a good nights sleep, my room was quiet, air con worked well, all good. I liked the lobby vibe - and particularly like the laptop area for single travellers - it makes it very easy to be relaxed in the main bar / lobby without feeling awkward. I felt that there were many thoughtful touches like that throughout the hotel - like the electric plug socket in the breakfast booths - so that you can charge up and work whilst taking breakfast.

Staff remember you on the second day - and remember what you ordered the day before - very impressive - you feel like they're INTERESTED in the quality of your stay - genuinely.
On leaving, I was asked by the duty manager if everything was okay due to me having to move rooms on arrival. Not prompted by me - that was a very nice touch. This level of service is throughout the hotel. When returning for my stored bag, the attendant caught my eye, remembered which bag was mine and had it ready for me before I reached the other side of the lobby - they really are INTERESTED.

I suspect this hotel could get VERY busy at weekends in the lobby - we were midweek, and I loved it.... Thanks Ace x

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hey TJW,

Many Thanks for that amazing review and I will be sure to pass this on to all staff. Its so nice to read that the staff here at Ace really do care about our guests and they want to go the extra mile to make everyone's stays perfect.

We also provide the best beds and everyone is granted a good nights sleep!!

Please come back to see us,

The Ace Team xoxo

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed last weekend as part of a music group that were performing in the nearby Barbican Centre. It seemed as if there were many many artists staying there that weekend.

The hotel was incredibly cool and hip, with a light and airy feel during the day with loads of people on laptops, turning into a bar for cool 20/30 somethings at night. If it got too loud, you could pop down to the seated area at the back where it was a bit more chilled.

The rooms were the best part. You would have thought it would have been noisy due to the bars but mine wasn't in the slightest. I was on the 3rd floor looking onto the street. The bathrooms were incredibly comfortable and cool. Nice beds, fast wifi and an incredible shower. The only odd thing is that they have loads of super cool trinkets in the room as well as lots of fancy bathroom products (except no toothpaste! Which wasn't expected at all but seemed odd as they had lesser known items), but I wasn't sure if they were for sale or for use, so I left them be.

We were away for most of the trip, but it was just a super nice place to come back to. We were not paying for this hotel ourselves, and I can't vouch for the value. I just checked out the price and there's no way I could afford this myself, although I would LOVE to because they have great service, great staff (bar one scary and sullen lady at breakfast one day - there's always one!) and fantastic rooms. I can't see myself affording it anytime soon though :(

PS: One day, the hotel porter called to the door and gave me a present of a chocolate bar and a bottle of still water!? I was worried it would be charged to my card, but it wasn't. What a nice hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 305 which was perfectly lovely.

Hey Jonathan P,

Thanks so much for that lovely review! Its so nice to read that you think we are friendly and kind because its important to us to go that extra mile.

Please do come back to stay!

The Ace Team xoxo

Reviewed 21 May 2014

i stayed here with my parents for a short break in london (we go to london often and really like the shoreditch area). it was well situated in a trendy part of shoreditch and had shoreditch overground station just around the corner. the main tube station nearby was liverpool street, this was great for getting everywhere quickly but it was about a 15 minute walk from the hotel - not too bad but when you were heading back from a day sightseeing it seemed longer! we didn't eat or drink here so i cant comment on that, but the room was cool and quirky and we were provided with a vinyl player with a few vinyls to play which was good. we also had a decent tv. i think this hotel would be better for me to go with friends (i'm 18) as there was a social, young vibe.

Room Tip: we had a room with 2 double beds which was great
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hey Fran,

Many Thanks for the 4 stars we really appreciate all comments made by our Guests. Its nice to hear that your a fan of London and love staying in the Shoreditch area. Next time you come and see us please check out the restaurant and our seasonal menu.

Much Love the Ace Team xoxo

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Well, if nightly live, loud music is your thing with hundreds of 20 something smoking drinking buddies milling about the lobby and bar every single night of your stay until 3am, this is your place! This is definitely in the hot, singles happening spot of London. In the evening, the area is swarming with young singles, waiting in line to get into one of the many bars in the area. As the evening wears on, I just want to duck for cover in a nice, softly lit restaurant or bar. There are a few in the area, such as the Callooh Callay on Rivington.
The founder of this hotel, Alex Calderwood--who tragically died of an overdose in this hotel last November--is clearly on to something, with successful hotels in Seattle, Portland, New York, and Palm Springs.
When I arrived, the registration desk attendants did everything to avoid contact. Finally, after waiting in line for several minutes, I had the lucky opportunity to have someone behind the desk acknowledge me. I was exhausted and just wanted to go to my room. They couldn't find my reservation, even though I produced all the paperwork, showing the "pre-paid" receipt for my stay.
The rooms are groovy stark with a third degree humming interrogation light bulb hanging above my bed for lighting. That is "cool" right? That said, my bed was very comfy. After they replaced my stained bed spread (gross), I was feeling much more at ease.
They edge on that "nickel and dime you for everything" feel, charging you $14 for "face cream." I thought body lotion was a baseline given in most any hotel? A cup of Americana coffee in their coffee shop is $7. Really? I finally got smart and walked down the street to Andina each morning and paid only $1.50 for a much, much better cup of coffee.
I am more in the camp of "EdanaSchul" reading her review and would have checked into another hotel, had my reservation not already been pre-paid. This place definitely resonates with a specific demographic, and it isn't me!

Room Tip: They are currently undergoing a renovation, avoid getting a room right on Shoreditch, as it will be noisy with the scaffolding construction starting every morning at 9am and the street traffic and crowds every night.
4  Thank emf465
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear emf465,

Thank you so much for your recent and very balanced review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests as it is the only way that we can improve our service.

I appreciate that our décor is not always to everyone's taste and like Shoreditch itself the hotel is very lively at times. However, there is no excuse for not being attentive and the fact that you felt ignored upon your arrival is totally not what we are about. as a hotel.

We like to welcome everyone and ensure that they are comfortable in their surrounding and given the best possible service. I was also shocked to read that there was a stained bedspread in the room. We take the cleanliness of all our areas very seriously and it is not acceptable that you room was not up to standard and for that I would like to sincerely apologise.

We totally understand that everyone has there own preferences and whilst the hotel, like Shoreditch attracts a certain demographic, we like to try to appeal to different people

We do hope that you will consider again in the future, especially once all of the works on the top floor are completed this summer.

Kind Regards,