“Hip Hotel with Great Service”

Ace Hotel London Shoreditch
Ranked #330 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Yorba Linda, California
“Hip Hotel with Great Service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Yes, the Ace Hotel is extra hipster and cool, but everyone who works there was so attentive, kind and eager to help. Loved the look and feel of the hotel and our room was quite comfortable. Loved the Shoreditch area and getting around London wasn't too difficult. I traveled with my husband and we are in our early 30's and felt like it was the perfect area for our demographic. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again if we return to London in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ALiR1228
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hey,

Thank you for such a lovely review in regards to our staff. We do really care about of guests and we want them to feel looked after and most of all feel at home.

We do hope you return!

The Ace Team

xoxo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had stayed at the Ace Hotel in New York and were curious about this new addition to the Ace palette. It's a very hip, trendy hotel, but you don't have to be hip, trendy or young to stay here (we aren't). The bar and reception area is very lively and full of people from all over -- not just the hotel. There's live entertainment down below that we didn't take advantage of but it looked well-attended. Restaurants in the neighborhood are good and there are lots to choose from. There's still a bit of reconstruction going on but nothing too annoying; the staff is very helpful and energetic. The hotel is close to all kinds of good transportation, like Shoreditch High Street Station and Liverpool Street Station. This neighborhood is going through a lot of positive changes. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ToujoursProvence
Hey,

Many Thanks for the 4 starts we really appreciate any feedback from out guests. Its a shame you did not get to see the downstairs space but it just means you need to come back.

Love the Ace Team xoxo
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked this after reading a great review from the Daily Mail. It's nice enough but it is lacking smething. Don't get me wrong, the staff are pleasant and helpful but something's not quite there yet.
We booked a deluxe double, very clean, modern and quirky. We weren't disturbed by any noise at all on the 4th floor (save for a few rolling kegs at 7am). We tried a room service breakfast which is expensive but we were happy to pay to not have to rush out. The order was slightly wrong but seeing as hubby had already tucked in, I was done for!
Couple of points, constructive points:-). Tea and coffee was limited and it didn't seem to be kept behind reception, we had to wait on delivery to the room - don't be so stingy, we ended up going to Tesco because we felt a bit demanding asking for more than two milk jiggers to at least cover the bottom of the mug. Hotel information, maps, useful bits are lacking in the room - it doesn't have to affect the style, just cwtch it away somewhere. The snacks and drinks, the Pot Noodle was gone off, the crisps were that day and it was all dusty. I didn't plan on eating any of it but someone needs to check. And other than the kettle not fitting under the tap, I have nothing else bad to say.
It is cool, very cool but don't go there if you want spoiling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank caroline19790
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi Caroline19790,

Thank you so much for writing a review on Tripadvisor about the Ace Hotel London. We always love to heard peoples' feedback on our hotel. For us all feedback is positive.

We totally get your point about the tea and coffee in the room and we will look at being more generous with this, we know that that first tea or coffee is so important in the morning. We were really disappointed to read that the pot noodle in the room was out of date. Our minibar team check the rooms on a daily basis and normally any product nearing expiry are removed so we are so sorry that there was an oversight on this occasion.

We do hope that you will return back to us in the very near future and thank you again for your review.

The Ace Team
Ashbourne, Ireland
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a weekend in London for the Chelsea Flower Show. The hotel is very near Liverpool St. Station with direct access on the Circle Line to Sloane sq. Station.
The hotel is very different to any hotel I have stayed in before but very interesting throughout. We stayed on the 4th floor in room 413 which was a lovely room with two double beds which for me was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in when staying in a hotel. The pillows were also very comfortable.
.My only real problem was that we were not able to open the windows even though we asked the staff at the front desk. We had to sleep with the airconditioning on all night which for me is not ideal as I sleep with a window open all the time. Maybe the management might look into finding a solution for this? Also when making tea or coffee the mugs handles became too hot to hold without using a tissue, this is quite dangerous.
Apart from these two issues we really enjoyed our stay in the hotel and loved the quirkiness of it all ! The staff were excellent and very friendly and service second to none. The rooms were very clean and well equipped with hairdryer, kettle, iron and mini fridge. All in all a great stay in a cool hotel !!

Room Tip: Room at the side on the 4th floor, no noise heard at all.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jamie W, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 1 June 2015
Thanks so much for your review.

See you again soon I hope!

Jamie
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Spent 2 nights at the ace hotel for business this week. I'm not hip, cool, young or trendy but I LOVED this hotel. It's a breath of fresh air and has a great energy. I expected that this would mean that the service would fall short of more traditional hotels - but this wasn't the case at all. Staff and service were OUTSTANDING. On arrival, There was a problem with my room, the pipes behind my room were really noisy - it was late, and I was grumpy, tired and impatient due to a seriously unpleasant back problem, but the staff moved me to another floor. They brought the key for me and helped me with my bags to the new room.

Bed was very comfortable, I had a good nights sleep, my room was quiet, air con worked well, all good. I liked the lobby vibe - and particularly like the laptop area for single travellers - it makes it very easy to be relaxed in the main bar / lobby without feeling awkward. I felt that there were many thoughtful touches like that throughout the hotel - like the electric plug socket in the breakfast booths - so that you can charge up and work whilst taking breakfast.

Staff remember you on the second day - and remember what you ordered the day before - very impressive - you feel like they're INTERESTED in the quality of your stay - genuinely.
On leaving, I was asked by the duty manager if everything was okay due to me having to move rooms on arrival. Not prompted by me - that was a very nice touch. This level of service is throughout the hotel. When returning for my stored bag, the attendant caught my eye, remembered which bag was mine and had it ready for me before I reached the other side of the lobby - they really are INTERESTED.

I suspect this hotel could get VERY busy at weekends in the lobby - we were midweek, and I loved it.... Thanks Ace x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hey TJW,

Many Thanks for that amazing review and I will be sure to pass this on to all staff. Its so nice to read that the staff here at Ace really do care about our guests and they want to go the extra mile to make everyone's stays perfect.

We also provide the best beds and everyone is granted a good nights sleep!!

Please come back to see us,

The Ace Team xoxo
Ireland
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed last weekend as part of a music group that were performing in the nearby Barbican Centre. It seemed as if there were many many artists staying there that weekend.

The hotel was incredibly cool and hip, with a light and airy feel during the day with loads of people on laptops, turning into a bar for cool 20/30 somethings at night. If it got too loud, you could pop down to the seated area at the back where it was a bit more chilled.

The rooms were the best part. You would have thought it would have been noisy due to the bars but mine wasn't in the slightest. I was on the 3rd floor looking onto the street. The bathrooms were incredibly comfortable and cool. Nice beds, fast wifi and an incredible shower. The only odd thing is that they have loads of super cool trinkets in the room as well as lots of fancy bathroom products (except no toothpaste! Which wasn't expected at all but seemed odd as they had lesser known items), but I wasn't sure if they were for sale or for use, so I left them be.

We were away for most of the trip, but it was just a super nice place to come back to. We were not paying for this hotel ourselves, and I can't vouch for the value. I just checked out the price and there's no way I could afford this myself, although I would LOVE to because they have great service, great staff (bar one scary and sullen lady at breakfast one day - there's always one!) and fantastic rooms. I can't see myself affording it anytime soon though :(

PS: One day, the hotel porter called to the door and gave me a present of a chocolate bar and a bottle of still water!? I was worried it would be charged to my card, but it wasn't. What a nice hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 305 which was perfectly lovely.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hey Jonathan P,

Thanks so much for that lovely review! Its so nice to read that you think we are friendly and kind because its important to us to go that extra mile.

Please do come back to stay!

The Ace Team xoxo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

i stayed here with my parents for a short break in london (we go to london often and really like the shoreditch area). it was well situated in a trendy part of shoreditch and had shoreditch overground station just around the corner. the main tube station nearby was liverpool street, this was great for getting everywhere quickly but it was about a 15 minute walk from the hotel - not too bad but when you were heading back from a day sightseeing it seemed longer! we didn't eat or drink here so i cant comment on that, but the room was cool and quirky and we were provided with a vinyl player with a few vinyls to play which was good. we also had a decent tv. i think this hotel would be better for me to go with friends (i'm 18) as there was a social, young vibe.

Room Tip: we had a room with 2 double beds which was great
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hey Fran,

Many Thanks for the 4 stars we really appreciate all comments made by our Guests. Its nice to hear that your a fan of London and love staying in the Shoreditch area. Next time you come and see us please check out the restaurant and our seasonal menu.

Much Love the Ace Team xoxo